It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman/Thunderbird theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I recently started to get interested in Mothman, while researching him on the internet, I read an article about the Silver Bridge collapsing. There was a thing in there about the Cornstalk Curse, this took place a coupla hundred years ago in the Point Pleasent area, when 1000 American troops slaughtered and captured 1000 Native Indian warriors. The chief leading the Indians name was Chief Cornstalk, and as he was about to be exucuted, his dying words were something like "These lands will have great destruction in years to come". (I'm not sure of his exact words.)
Anyways, I saw a few posts on this forum about the similarity's between Mothman and Thunderbirds, and I thought to myself: "Maybe Mothman is a Thunderbird who is here to carry out Chief Cornstalk's curse, after all he was first spotted near the chief Cornstalk hunting grounds! He could have easily caused the silver bridge to collapse, there were even photos of him sitting on top of it in the days leading up to the tragedy."
He was also believed to have been living in the maze of underground tunnels in the TNT factory, which is built on top of Chief Cornstalks old hunting grounds. Hmmmm.....

If you think my theory is plausible, post a reply here plz!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Mothman, seemed to try and warn that something bad was going to happen, some people thought anyway.

Or he could have just been an observer from another world.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I could find no evidence of Mothman actually trying to warn anybody...
He was sighted for around a year to the time the bridge collapsed. He was actually considered hostile because a mans hunting dog chased after him, the dogs body was then spotted on the road, and when the people who saw it came back for it later, it was gone. So I still think he's a naughty Mothman

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Lemon, if your facts are right, then I think there's a definite correlation between Mothman and thunderbirds.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ty
!
I also found more proof that Mothman MAY be aggressive.
On the first night he was spotted, a few of the people who sighted him suffered extremely bad poltergeist attacks, and Mothman was sighted at all the attacks.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
" The McClintie Wildlife Preserve located in Point Pleasant, West Virginia was a designated bird sanctuary. During World War II, the preserve was dug up to bury 100 igloos to hold wartime explosives. The igloos were covered over and made to look like rolling hillsides from the air.

After the war, the underground igloos were sold to several different companies, all of whom dealt with biochemicals. The McClintie Wildlife Preserve is now referred to the TNT area, and has also developed a far more perplexing history.
I personally believe that the biochemical companies were to blame for Mothman. Who knows what sort of things leached into the ground water that an animal could have gotten into. On a trip to the TNT area in Point Pleasant, WV, there were several ponds with signs warning of contamination. One pond in particular had red ooze in it and giant lily pads."

Taken from www.gettysburgghosts.net...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.prairieghosts.com...

Thats the Cornstalk Curse page, check it out and you'll see my point.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There's one of the threads I saw with a person sharing my theory

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon1148
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There's one of the threads I saw with a person sharing my theory

As lemon1148 pointed out, there is a thread already looking at this connection.

Please direct your comments to the preceding thread.

closing

new topics

top topics

join