It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22A Navigational software glitch.

page: 1

join
share:
jra

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, if so, a mod may lock this thread.

Apparently there was a glitch with the navigational software on all twelve F-22's that were flying from Hawaii to Japan. The computers crashed as they crossed the international date line and they lost all navigation and communications.

Hopefully the problem has been sorted out now and fixed.

Links:
slashdot.org
flightglobal.com
boston.com

[edit on 25-2-2007 by jra]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What? A glitch in one of the most complex computerized systems on the planet?

Unheard of!

*sarcasm intended*

Even though something like this was to be expected, I hope they fix the problem before the system is fielded in combat.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Posted by anon_98396 on 25-02-07 @ 11:36 PM

Apparently, the glitch was fixed and tested. Two Raptors are already in Kadena AFB.

www.flightglobal.com... ter.html

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Apparently more than two. This is supposed to be at Kadena:
I can count four here.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It had to do with crossing the international dateline, the software was not configured for that, a simple overlook on the part of the engineers. All it took was a little modification to the algorithm, I believe all twelve are now in Kadena. Also, I don't think the computer "crashed", they did make it back to Hawaii, it's just that the NAVSAT system didn't work right.

Anyway, this is a new system it's not yet fully matured, modification are being made all the time, models coming off the line have alterations from all the things learned. That's why we do peacetime deployments and exercises so that when it counts all the bugs have been worked out.

join