It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ze Chat, She iz Broken (again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Alrighty, well since it appears that no one has really noticed this, or
atleast made a thread about it today, it appears that the chat has suff-
ered the same glitch it did a few days ago.

It is showing a vast amount of conversation from earlier, but when one
enters it does not show them doing so, and you cannot chat-post.

I figure once there is time, it will be taken care of, but it can't be fixed
if no one knows it's broken.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
As a presidential candidate, I'm wondering how you would handle this situation and how you would prevent this from happening in the
future?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
As a presidential candidate, I'm wondering how you would handle this situation and how you would prevent this from happening in the
future?

Chat is part of ATS, a privately run internet site, and therefore not
under the juisdiction of the government.

However, if I were president, I would donate a high end government
server and a few grand to the chat effort.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
must... have... the precious.

*rocks back and forth*

chat withdrawals are beginning.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have used the proper outlet for emergencies such as this the Complaint/Suggestion button.

and I have seen S.O. Working fevorishly on the problem I am sure that the situation will be corrected in no time what so ever.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't mean to bag on anyone, or this issue here, but don't we have enough of these lately? I think I've counted at least five of these threads in the last week or two.

A u2u to a staff member or a formal complaint would surely cover our own and get the word out there.

My only complaint is that we've had a bit of a gathering lately, of different members, who have been openly bashing the site. Any thread, even though it is not iori's intent, that could possibly contribute to that, is a detriment in my opinion.

My thoughts are that these should be handled behind closed doors, with the Administrators giving us a thumbs up, when all is well.

...Just tired of reading negatives towards the site.

Take no offense iori, I understand that this is not you intention here. Just a "mini rant" on behalf of the actions of others in the last few weeks.

Not that we need any threads to cheerlead on behalf of the site, I just prefer to see nothing of the sort mentioned.

We know it's great, it will remain great, let us leave it at that.

Thank you for your time, I'll shut up now.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

"Chat blowed up good, blowed up real good!"

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It works fine for me. Iori, you know you need to be on ATS to enter chat don't you?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
My only complaint is that we've had a bit of a gathering lately, of different members, who have been openly bashing the site. Any thread, even though it is not iori's intent, that could possibly contribute to that, is a detriment in my opinion.

:shk: If we don't allow technical questions that are pertinent to the operation of the site though, we are letting all those wayward bashers win. We shouldn't worry about people that don't even belong here, imo, if they just want to rip on us. Don't ya think?

...Just tired of reading negatives towards the site.

Goodness knows, so do I. It has grown tiresome recently.

Don't shut up Chissler, especially for those people that would create threads to continuously bash the site. We are not deserving of being silenced for their malcontent.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
:shk: If we don't allow technical questions that are pertinent to the operation of the site though, we are letting all those wayward bashers win. We shouldn't worry about people that don't even belong here, imo, if they just want to rip on us. Don't ya think?

But is this discussion really going to "contribute" anything? For those of us who are not here to bag on the site, it is nothing more than an important piece of information. For others, it is the fuel to their fire. I know what your saying nb, and I agree with you. But the negativity lately has worn thin with me.

I've chatted with iori frequently on these boards, and I'm quite sure he knows that I'm certainly not pointing fingers at him here. More at the trend that we've uncovered as of late.

Originally posted by niteboy82
Don't shut up Chissler, especially for those people that would create threads to continuously bash the site. We are not deserving of being silenced for their malcontent.

I'm not asking for us to be silenced. I just think that certain things should be dealt with out in the front yard, and others should be dealt with in the "Don's" office. If, we as members, can openly contribute, open the door and let's deal with it in the front yard. If the issue lies within, take it indoors. All the while keeping those members who are peering in the windows informed to any progress.

We ask, we talk, we discuss, we debate, all because we care. I understand that.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I certainly understand the sentiment Chis, but well, Ze Chat, She IZ Broken (again).

I just tried it, and it still doesn't work.

Yes, we did get whatukno's complaint, and one of our mods checked and it didn't work for him.

And it ain't working for me. It loads and you can see other members logged on, but text typed in doesn't make it. It seems "frozen". :shk:

So hey, sometimes a public troubleshooting thread in BB&Q is the way to go, I'm a-thankin'.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why don't they just use a Javascript IRC chat client?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Only the Overlord knows for sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
GREAT NEWS!

It's broken again! Maybe that means they'll throw this chat out and get our old chat back!
it worked better (and we all liked it better).

So this really isn't bad news .. it could bring something good.
SMILE EVERYONE!
Think happy thoughts.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Actualy it's only the My room, that isn't working. you can create any room you want and it works just fine all you have to do is type in /join Hello and you can get into the new room I created

and those rooms work just fine! try it out!

whatukno

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Looks like it's working now -- even "My room".

Just holler if it chokes again.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
WhatUKno, that is a great thing you posted.

It works again. Thanks to those that made it work so very quickly! Another quick response by the Admin of ATS.

(that would be a smile)

[edit on 2/25/07 by niteboy82]

new topics

top topics

join