It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Japanese San, what is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

An egyptian holding an extra size texas chainsaw?
An egyptian who had an extra size?
Incomplete carve? Kids works?
Fake, hoax?
Modified works by modern archeolog?
A Giant with 3 female slaves?
Why he/she did not wear shoe, shirt, trouser but managed to wear a funny hat?
What ever he/she was holding, it was big. It could be assumed to have very light weight or else he/she a superhuman?
An egyptian holding a rock guitar ready to rock 3 girls?
A condom? a super size sample for advertisement board?

Anything else? anyone?

[edit on 25-2-2007 by CinLung]

[mod edit: title - removed member name]

[edit on 25-2-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

Dae

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung

An egyptian holding an extra size texas chainsaw?

You know what I thought straight away? A light source, so I wanted to see a better image of this relief, so I looked at your link, a cursory glance at the article says they also think its a light source, Ill have a read but I thought that was interesting.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
an example of the hidden and 'don't ask' tech of ancient eygpt. there is now way the 'mainstream' would want us to know of any advanced tech back then..the where just slaves that hauled big stones into piles.....
the history of humanity, as we are told, is a lie..that much is obvious...what the truth is..i don't know, but it is pruoposly hidden..

you know cinlung...when the big 'M' sees this he will tears us down into little itty bitty bits and throw gobs of links at us show how wrong and feable minded we are along with a healthy dose of laughing faces and veiled insults about us.....

i wonder who the most ignored member on ATS is.......

Dae

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Dendera Temple Crypt

The wall reliefs of the well-worn staircases leading from the main temple to the roof, where chapels, rooms, ramps and staircases can be observed, depict the "re-animation" rituals which were held at different times of the year for the statues of different deities. Similar depictions can be observed at the Temple of Horus at Edfu.

Ok, re-animation sounds plain creepy!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If I remember correctly those are reanimation pods. They are flower like not any kind of machine. If the entire story is seen and taken in full context they are not a mystery at all.

To answer your questions try reading up on Egyptian Embalming Ritual and Reanimation Rite.

Ohhh here is an interesting take on the ritual:www.spirit-of-the-torah.com...

And for a real Egyptian mystery:Head archaelogist Stephen Jobes says the find is ground-breaking: “we’ve long suspected Egyptians had highly advanced technology but this is the first solid proof that they were years ahead of their time.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

That's a better picture Dae.
So the he/she was not actually holding it, but standing by it.
If it was light bulb, then it should stand right up, not resting on smaller statue.
Certainly it was a snake in the middle of it.
A snake in a bottle? vase? But how the snake pointing straight in the middle of air?
snake swimming? A anti-gravity test tube?

And certainly this egyptian has a long hand, his/her fist almost touched his/her knees.

On the right side of the picture, was it a man kneeling down? or actually it was a statue supporting a big cucumber? It was actually a vegetable/fruit?
Why the kneeling guy was much smaller compared to the standing guy?

The wide end part was resting on a statue, while the other end was resting on a cord, pipe? cable? or simply a vegetable branch?

Perhaps it is a propaganda board for showing other tribe " hey, we got a big size here ".

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung
Why the kneeling guy was much smaller compared to the standing guy?

Yeah, that is what I keep wondering too... It makes me conspiratorially wonder if the bigger dude is those tall aliens we always hear about here, and they are sharing technology with the "primitive" people in those times...

Of course it sure does look like a seed pod too though that has been germinated, lending credence to that whole re-animation bit someone was talking about earlier...

And then of course it does also look like a light bulb too... Is that an electric eel in there? You pinch its tail at the end and it lights up...

Very cool pic...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg
... It makes me conspiratorially wonder if the bigger dude is those tall aliens we always hear about here, and they are sharing technology with the "primitive" people in those times...

... then of course it does also look like a light bulb too... Is that an electric eel in there? You pinch its tail at the end and it lights up...

It is either the standing guy was giant, or the kneeling guy was hobbit.

If it was alien then it was not sharing technology, it was something like installing a new equipment so the slave could work faster and more productive.

If it was a light bulb, then the kneeling guy brain was toasted off and no longer kneeling instead.

The kneeling guy was asking forgiveness from the big guy? While the punishing big rod was slowly falling down due to bending support?

Perhaps no need to ask Sir Marduk of England opinions for he could give us wrong answers or he just give you links and links.
Ask 5 years old kids will give you closer answer.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Might be wrong with this but at the ends of those tubes look like flowers and the tubes themselves could be their drawing of beams of light coming out. Some people have said they used snake depictions to mean life or life giver something along those lines. So maybe their are trying to explain the process of photosynthesis and depicting the flowers giving us life. Anyone else see that??

As far as the huge guys standing on either side and the guy on the block holding up with light, no idea.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
leafer, i totally agree
when i first saw that i thought "looks like some sort of plant"

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
leafer, i totally agree
when i first saw that i thought "looks like some sort of plant"

Yes, more like it. Cucumber, egg-plant, whatever. And everything could be wrong.

It is personal perception. And nobody can travel back to that time.

And the problem now IS that a certain people try to push other people that a specific perception is right, and that's what archeolog are doing from time to time.
they can tell you all the scientific and logical explanations while telling other's perceptions are wrong and categorised them as pseudo-science or uncredible. What is credible and what is uncredible and who set the benchmark and to what degree people agree to that?
This problem certainly lead certain qualified people or lead certain people who thought they are qualified to boast their perception and to educate other people wrongly, mis-informing other people.
The more these people succeed in educating other people wrongly, the more self-proud they gain, and start boasting their I.Q.

And this problem doesn't end there, these self acclaimed smart people start to collaborate to each other and start making a conspiracy. They have been censoring others and banning others who has different thought with them.
And they tell you " it is free world, free speech, and free forum " but their stupid RULES applied.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.catchpenny.org...

But what does any of this have to do with electric light bulbs? The answer is, nothing at all. It is the prejudiced conceit of members of our own modern culture that compel them to impose their own symbols, values, and meaning on a civilization so distant and different, a civilization which they do not make the least effort to understand. It is within the context of the ancient Egyptian religion that these temple walls must be interpreted, not within the context of our own modern home appliances.

There is, then, no reason to ascribe fantastic meanings, such as electric light bulbs, to the reliefs in the Dendera temple. Such an interpretation would be especially suspect in the absence of any associated artifacts or supporting technology, such as wires or power supplies. John Anthony West, who is not loathe to take his own occasional flight of fancy, describes the meaning of the reliefs in his book The Traveler's Key to Ancient Egypt:

The splendid but enigmatic reliefs of the crypt are cosmogonical and depict the serpent (dualizing principle underlying all creation: In Genesis the separation of heaven and earth) borne aloft by the lotus, the symbol of creation as a manifestation of consciousness

this is about the 100th time these fantasy lightbulbs have appeared here on ATS
each time supported by people who know nothing about Egypt
and each time laughed at by those that do

```````````````````
Added 'ex' tags

[edit on 25/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have to laugh. This meaning is also fueled with prejudiced conceit. Give me a break.

"The splendid but enigmatic reliefs of the crypt are cosmogonical and depict the serpent (dualizing principle underlying all creation: In Genesis the separation of heaven and earth) borne aloft by the lotus, the symbol of creation as a manifestation of consciousness"

please.

Originally posted by Marduk
www.catchpenny.org...

But what does any of this have to do with electric light bulbs? The answer is, nothing at all. It is the prejudiced conceit of members of our own modern culture that compel them to impose their own symbols, values, and meaning on a civilization so distant and different, a civilization which they do not make the least effort to understand. It is within the context of the ancient Egyptian religion that these temple walls must be interpreted, not within the context of our own modern home appliances.

There is, then, no reason to ascribe fantastic meanings, such as electric light bulbs, to the reliefs in the Dendera temple. Such an interpretation would be especially suspect in the absence of any associated artifacts or supporting technology, such as wires or power supplies. John Anthony West, who is not loathe to take his own occasional flight of fancy, describes the meaning of the reliefs in his book The Traveler's Key to Ancient Egypt:

The splendid but enigmatic reliefs of the crypt are cosmogonical and depict the serpent (dualizing principle underlying all creation: In Genesis the separation of heaven and earth) borne aloft by the lotus, the symbol of creation as a manifestation of consciousness

this is about the 100th time these fantasy lightbulbs have appeared here on ATS
each time supported by people who know nothing about Egypt
and each time laughed at by those that do

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have a quesiton.

Why is the thread title have "Dear Japanese San" in it?
I mean it does'nt have to do wiht Japan at all, and apart from that it's
now correct useage of the word san.

As for the image/reliefs.

The reason that some of the people are larger than others is simply
because they were considered more important.
In alot of Egyptian art/hieroglyphs individuals who are more important,
like pharaos and such are made to be bigger than those who are not
important.

As for the snake 'light' things, I'm not really sure what they are,
personally I'm going to say that it's either just art that we don't know
what means, or it could represent a very primitive form of light.

I have heard theories from, I suppose you could say respectable,
archaeologists and Ehyptologists that the ancient Egyptians may have
developed a very primitive rudimentary from of artificial lighting.

If I am not mistaken the snake represents life or light, and light in the
ancient Ehyptian beliefs was considered to be the source of life.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I have to laugh. This meaning is also fueled with prejudiced conceit. Give me a break.

suddenly everyone thinks theyre an expert on Egyptian Cosmology
this has already been discussed

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the pictures are accompanied by hieroglyphs
the translation is available here
doernenburg.alien.de...

As the text proves, there is no question about the contents of the reliefs. The texts describe the pictures as representations of statues, which were kept in these rooms. They give detailed descriptions of their extents and even the used material. A bulb made from gold - well, much light would not shine through it :-)

Even if one does not understand the contents of the texts, which admittedly sound rather confusing without previous knowledge, one should perhaps believe this time the egyptologists or at least accept the mention of the New Year celebrations as main theme.

Clearly visible is the fact that there is not the smallest suggestion which could justify an interpretation as light bulb in the texts. The function of these rooms was to keep the cult statues which were necessary for the celebrations mentioned. Further references to these absolutely clear circumstances supply the other walls of the rooms, whose texts are not shown here. As found so often, the whole theory is based on the complete neglect of all results of scientific archaeologic work. The light bulb thesis is pure fantasy without empirical core, based solely on the "looks like - was then"-method and takes no consideration of any facts - even not to those written in large "letters" right beside it.

so please before you start claiming lightbulbs
try not to be so ignorant of the facts

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What the hell does this have to do with Japan? I see no samurai, no Shogun, not even a katana or single kimono! All I see is an Egyptian with elephantitis in his man ram.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What the hell does this have to do with Japan

Nothing
Cinlung frequently throws disparaging remarks at any race but his own

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As Marduk alread pointed out, this topic alread exists here.

Please direct your comments to the previous thread.

closing

top topics

join