It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candle Control Experiment! Please participate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
My mum is really into clairvoyancy and the spirit world and one of her close friends also believes in this kind of thing, she was at his house the other night and he had candles lit (yeh it was that kind of night lol) and apparently he told her he could make the flame of the candle get bigger or smaller just by looking at it. He did it and needless to say my mum was impressed.

I, however can be a bit skeptical when it comes to the things my mum believes in as i think clairvoyants are a con and she lives her life by them. I lit a candle last night just to see if i could do it and after about 10 mins of trying i managed to make the candle flare up. Thinking it may be a coincidence, i tried to make the flame smaller and after a while i managed to get the flame to a point where the smallest draft would have blown it out. I did it a few more times after but it didnt work every time.

I would like people who read this to have a go and see if they can do it too. Let me know your results. If a lot of us can do this it proves that we have the power to telepathically influence objects and maybe with a bit of practice we can iprove this skill. All you have to do is sit in a quiet darkened room with a candle and sit far enough away so that the candle doesnt affect you eyesight, too close = too bright and a loss of concentration.

Good luck and i hope people will seriously participate in this. Dont lie just to post a reply either, i want this to be serious!

50/50

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
50/50, I have controlled the intensity of a flame on a candle, but never started one! That is a pretty impressive talent, pyrokinesis is not all that common. Maybe one day you'll be able to shoot fireballs out of your hands
(anything is possible remember).

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sorry, i think you misunderstood me biggie. Maybe it wasn't that clear. I didn't start the candle it was already lit when i made it flare up. It would be cool tho!

The candle was lit already and by concentrating my thoughts onto it i increased the flame to almost twice the size for about 2 or 3 seconds then it settled back down. I also got it to go to less than half the size for the same amount of time. Pyrokenisis unfortunately is not my forté!

join