It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Thread for UFO reports?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't know how approriate this suggestion may be, but...

Would it be worth having some type of thread where members can post about UFO articles printed in local newspapers/magazines near to them? Similarly, they could also post about TV segments related to UFOs as well? Keep the stuff fairly recent, so we're not digging through ancient history. The thread could be archived each month or so, for search purposes, in case someone wanted to investigate a particular article reference from the past.

I only suggest this, as I hardly ever read or watch the mainstream media anymore. I prefer to read the internet for the little news that interests me. However, I know that I miss out on reading some articles that newspapers print about UFOs. I have friends ask me at times, if I read so-and-so article, but I never do, as I don't buy them.

It would help give other people a heads-up as to what is being put out in the media near your area, if there was a place where we could tip each other off to a good article, possibly?

If it's a crap idea, than that's cool. It's just a suggestion so don't jump down my throat for it. I'm not fussed if it never happens. The current month's print media could be a live thread, with previous months' media reports shelved as archive material. You can't have a long thread grow over time without being pruned for clarity.

I'm always interested to read how the (print) media portray UFO sightings and how they write their (often misinformed) articles.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think people just post them as separate threads as they find them.

I just posted one here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Here's an interesting read that I picked up from the web...

About a former Canadian official and what he knows.

prweb.com...

new topics

join