It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television show on Bigfoot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I saw this program called something like Hard Evidence and this episode was about Bigfoot. Now Bigfoot, Sasquatch, or what have you has interested me since I picked up a book about him in elementary. This show of course went over the footprints, which one "expert" believes that a prankster made the footprints because they are shaped like human feet. One other person working with apes states that the footprints show a cross between an ape foot and a human foot. Like an ape foot the feet would bend in the middle to propel itself but doesnt use its human-like toes to propel itself. I have also read that the footprints were indeed a hoax made by a man and his friend living in a rural area.
They also compared the famous footage of Bigfoot to an actor in a Bigfoot suit trying to replicate his actions. However, the Bigfoot in the film, when it turns to look back at the camera it doesnt use its neck so much. It turns its shoulders because they are so massive, which is a common trait in apes. The actor's motions in his replica of the footage wasnt as convincing.
Other scientists in the documentary also stated that an ape couldnt survive in the forests of North America and exclude the possibility of adaptation.

I am not sure what to think of Bigfoot, some things resinate in my mind along with other legends so I keep my mind open to the possibility. If he does exist I think he is dead and his carcass strewn throughout the woods from being devoured by other animals. I do believe in the Yeti also, however I do have my skeptics.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

[edit on 24-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They can survive in North America because like most animals during winter seasons they migrate to Northern California where it is warmer. The sightings go up and down between B.C. and Northern Cali. with the seasons. The gap between B.C. and N.C. is so vast a population of 4000 bigfoot could easily live there in the vast mountain ranges where there is very little human pressence. I agree with the patterson film in that the bigfoot had breasts and how it turns with its shoulders...

join