It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. court upholds same-sex teaching to children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

So you're a religious guy. Please. We are in 2007. Stop your ``People should be married before making love. `` This is so lame.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Vitchilo]

First of all I'm not a guy I'm a 39 year old lady. So what its 2007. Big deal the year doesn't make something right or wrong. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong. So with your theory your saying its ok to murder too. I mean thats been going on since the dawn of time and hey since its 2007 its fine to murder now.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
More sour grapes from zealots who have trouble dealing with the fact that they no longer have the power to dictate to others how to live their lives.

I'm sure the Taliban are bitter about it too - after all as far as they're concerned, teaching girls how to read is "immoral"... too damn bad. If you feel your religion is "under attack" because you can't force your view of morality (which, unlike ethics, is purely subjective) on everyone else, perhaps you should put your money where your mouth is and put your kids in a private school, where they can be indoctrinated with whatever medieval notions please you.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I suppose all of those who are upset and appalled by this decision would rather their children not know that homosexuals exist. From what I understood of the original issue was that a character's homosexuality was mentioned in a book. It wasn't instructional, or graphic, just a fact about this character's personality.

Would you rather that Huckleberry Fin's friend Jim not be mentioned as black?

Homosexuals exist. Characters in books, and real life, are going to be homosexual. It's better that kids know that now, and understand it, if not accept it, than later when they're in the real world, and are ignorant to the norms of society.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
It is an attack on Christianity, religious rights, and parental rights. It is against my religious beliefs, and is equivalent to teaching them occultic, satinist, and new age practices.

I think it's more a matter of showing children that it's normal and trying to stop some of the ongoing stereotypes. Maybe from your point of view it is an attack ... but that would be your duty as a parent to instill your Christian beliefs to your child and explain to them why you think that it was wrong.

As far as "satinist and new age practices" ... Satanism is a religion and as such should be afforded the same protections as any other religion.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Okay lets say that your teaching sex education to 7 year olds. Children aren't sexualised till there early to mid teens, so why are you teaching something they have no reason to know about.

I mean does anybody know who Alfred Kinsey is if not then I suggest people should discover the man, the abomination.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's better that kids know that now, and understand it, if not accept it, than later when they're in the real world, and are ignorant to the norms of society.

Going off topic a bit. Have you ever met a person who was home schooled by their fundamentalist parents? It's very scary. They end up like the Phelps family.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If these kids are 7 years old and you condone this then you need some serious help and so do the people who originated this whole mess. Your so so wrong it's tragic.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by carslake

If these kids are 7 years old and you condone this then you need some serious help and so do the people who originated this whole mess. Your so so wrong it's tragic.

First of all, this is NOT sex education people.

The Lexington school system had said reading the book was not intended as sex education but as a way to educate children about the world in which they live, especially in Massachusetts, the only U.S. state where gays and lesbians can legally wed.

The book was read to show the diversity of the world. Same sex marriages are legal in Massachusets. I guess people would rather just poke their head in the sand and force their children to do the same.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
At 7, sex doesn't enter into the concept of relationships. The only thing that is understood is that 2 people (usually mommy and daddy) love each other very much. And yes, there are relationships where daddy and daddy love each other very much. This has nothing to do with sex, it's about showing kids the reality that there are such relationships. Hiding that from them when it's likely to be in plain sight is just silly.

When one of their classmates comes to school and talks about his two dads would you rather that your child be the only one who doesn't understand that there are men who love each other? Just because the parent grew up ignorant is no reason to subject the children to the same abuse. And yes, denying children basic knowledge is abuse.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And yes, denying children basic knowledge is abuse.

May I quote you on that? Other than Valhall's quote in my sig, I haven't seen a more sane point of view. Mind if I put it in my sig like I did with Valhall's?

On topic, you are exactly correct. Everyone on this forum knows the "deny ignorance" line and tries to follow it. Why these same people would subject their children to the oposite is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Feel free Griff. It'll get my name out

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Are some of you people fully paid up members of NAMBLA

Alot of people bang on about the NWO/Globalists all day, dont you understand you've just been manipulated by them if you consent to this.

Children have no rights!, if you give them rights you negate parenthood.

Do you people smoke crack. I can't help but offer you my disrespect.

'Denying children knowledge is abuse'
man your so funny.

I'm sorry I'm really sorry I totally regret being like this but you have no knowledge of child psychology or social sciences. Please carry on and reap the cost.

FFS slap me I'm in shock!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It would take more than a slap I'm afraid. Oh man, that explains much.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What does reading a book about a homosexual prince have to do with child molestation?

So, children don't have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Aren't you the one who was talking about murder? So, it's ok to murder children because they have no rights?

I can't help but offer you my disrespect.

How sad. I disagree with you but I still respect you. But, I guess being a christian, you can disrespect all you want.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What is going on in America.

On one side you have a Government that is anti-abortion.

And on the same side you have a goverment that teaches 7 year olds bum love is okay.

Conflict of interest, carefully engineered mess more like.

Just another nail in the coffin for family values.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by befoiled

It would take more than a slap I'm afraid. Oh man, that explains much.

Children have no rights full stop if you do give them rights you will see the end of the family in your time.

Children have the right to be protected the law works fine as it is.

What are you a gay 17 year old grow up.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Children have no rights full stop if you do give them rights you will see the end of the family in your time.

Children have the right to be protected the law works fine as it is.

What are you a gay 17 year old grow up.

Err...no. Fortysomething father of four who doesn't share your version of "family values." I do, however, respect your right to be heard even if you don't give that same respect to others.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And on the same side you have a goverment that teaches 7 year olds bum love is okay.

What better way to prevent abortion than to avoid vaginal intercourse altogether?

Please don't confuse your religious values with my family values.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

What does reading a book about a homosexual prince have to do with child molestation?

I take that back it was inflammatory it was out of order, either way I don't understand the reply care to explain.

So, children don't have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Aren't you the one who was talking about murder? So, it's ok to murder children because they have no rights?

Ahh you do smoke crack. Don't be obtuse you know what i'm on about.

I can't help but offer you my disrespect.

How sad. I disagree with you but I still respect you. But, I guess being a christian, you can disrespect all you want.

I'm a Toaist, see your even pissing of the eastern philosophy. Yeah your right you win your on a higher plane than me friend, yeah it is sad, I can't I just can't refuse my frustration with you. But I am deadly serious you have made a tragic error of judgement I'd like to know what it is based on this opinion.

@befoiled and griff questions

Do you have children, if so how many and how old are your children.

And/Or your sexual orientation please.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by carslake]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

What better way to prevent abortion than to avoid vaginal intercourse altogether?

Please don't confuse your religious values with my family values.

You want to give Children rights, they don't even know their own minds next minute they will be divorcing you because you want punish them for doing something bad.

Why is it you people stereotype me as religous I follow Toaism its hardly a religion its a philosophy. Oh I see the normal guy on the street can't have these thoughts.

How many children do you have and what ages are they.

And/Or are you gay

'What better way to prevent abortion than to avoid vaginal intercourse altogether? '

Are you okay in the head this is a serious issue.

'Please don't confuse your religious values with my family values.'

I seriously doubt you have a family and if you do give them up.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by carslake]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join