It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we really believe anyhow??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ok just a thought that sprung to mind from watching an episode of Stargate SG-1. As many will know the basic theme of the show I'll not go into it. In the episode in question, a colonel told a civillian that he was part of a secret organisation that was studying aliens form other planets. The civillian responded in utter disbelief saying it was just a cover for whatever biological agents and tests that were being conducted.
This got me to thinking, have we got to such a state of confusion and mistrust of our military/governments that even if they came out and told us that yes Roswell was aliens, and they've been visiting and working alongside them ever since?
Now I know that many of the things that they tell us are very dubious at best, some downright blatant lies, but has it got to the point whereby they have "cried wolf" so many times that no one comes running anymore. Also it seems that with such a dramatic rise in people who can find a consiracy in anything (consiracy thoery for the sheer sake of conspiracy) that none of these things seem to be taken very seriously by the general public anymore.
So when faced with a government/military who would lie to us about the price of fish if they thought they could get away with it, and a growing number of people who suspect their newly born puppy to be plotting to subject then to disection and mind probes. Will we ever really recognise, or accept the truth even if it came out and bit us on the rear end?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We wouldn't believe.

As many, many posters on this board will tell you, if Bush came out tomorrow and came clean on everything, offered proof of aliens, etc. etc.

Many people would say it's a trick, the Aliens are Fallen Angels and Bush is in on it to bring about the rapture.

Every truth inspires a new conspiracy.

We're idiots. I'm surprised we can breath on our own.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I asked one of my friends about what would happen if the goverment came clean about everything about aliens/UFOs he said he wouldn't believe it he doesn't really believe all of the alien/UFO stuff and he said he wouldn't believe whatever they said on the matter. They have been denying for years and to turn around and say its true would cause public outrage basically well thats what I think. I believe in most stuff I have read on aliens/UFOs but I cannot see turning on the news and seeing the top story "Bush admits being in contact with Aliens from out of space" People would ask for proof if they see the aliens being paraded you would see people saying its just normal people in costumes. I honestly can't see the goverment admitting anything about aliens EVER

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by Mikomi]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am a case in point. I have all this weird stuff happening to me, and a lot of people don't believe it. I think it makes them uncomfortable to actually KNOW someone who IS part ET with genetic changes and an alien soul (walk-in).
It is "ok" if it is "out there", but if it is communicationg to them on the BBS or in person, it makes them nervous.
Actually, I look and act just as you do. I don't breathe fire, or have retracable claws. I am a retired teacher.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
How ironic the post is! I briefly caught a skit on a show called Chappelle's somthing or other (I don't know)(looking for southpark)...on the Comedy Central channel, the skit involved the president giving a white house debriefing to the press. He laid out the answers to all mysteries and conspiracies that are popluar (Kennedy assass., i forget). Anyway the press was eager to know these things, but it made you wonder what their real reactions would be.

If anything we may disbelieve was in plain sight for millions...then maybe people would start to wonder. >

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If the government came outright with all their secrets most people won't believe it. There will always be those that are skeptical of even the truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Very few would believe anything the Govt. told them. Especially if they said that the aliens are bald men with worms living in their guts.

Personally, whereas I would distrust the Govt, I would be happy to talk with an alien and find out exactly what is going on.

top topics

join