It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney Renews Warnings To Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Dick Cheney Renews Warnings To Iran

Source Link: news.bbc.co.uk

US Vice-President Dick Cheney has renewed a warning that the use of force could be an option if Iran continues to defy the West over uranium enrichment.
Mr Cheney, speaking in Australia, said diplomacy was the preferred course.

But in a newspaper interview he backed US Senator John McCain's view that the only thing worse than a military clash would be an Iran with nuclear arms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why is dick cheney running his mouth? He has now war powers whatsoever...:shk:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Many people believe that Dick Cheney played a key role in pushing for the current war in Iraq, while no real conclusive evidence, some even allege that Cheney was involved with presenting false intelligence to the President which was used to make the case of an urgent and immediate threat from Iraq to the peace and security of the world.

Are we seeing a similar prelude to war with Iran here?

Or is it just deja vu?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why does he have to say this when he's in Australia dammit.
It makes us look even worse

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am glad the dangerous old fart has left Oz. We have had nothing but bad traffic in the CDB since he got here, and people arrested for daring to protest. Yesterday they closed the Harbour Bridge as his motorcade crossed over, then still kept it closed as he boarded a yacht and sailed under to meet Johnny Bumsuck at Kirribilli House for drinks. They spoke to people on the news covergae and they were spitting chips...one woman siad Dick should 'just go home'.

Johnny stated at some time during their initial press conference "You are most welcome in Australia" I do not bloody well think so.

Dick said that "Australia has gained respect in the world" I almost choked, we are a big dirty word now, just like America. Sorry no offence.....just really peed off about the whole shebang. I am so ashamed to be an Australian because of our involvement in this killing spree.

Cringe factor 10/10

[edit on 24-2-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Keeping all the options on the when it comes to Iran is a smart move IMO. I am yet to be convinced that diplomacy will do anything other then delay Iran's nuclear program. UM_Gazz Bush is almost a figure head because he is to easily influenced by those in his inner circle. Those outside of the inner circle has no influence and gets fired.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In watching the video contained in the posted article, Chaney qualifies his statement by paralleling statements from the President about all options are on the table. I also wasn’t under any impression that a US military option was off the table in the first place.

Originally posted by resistancia
I am glad the dangerous old fart has left Oz. We have had nothing but bad traffic in the CDB since he got here, and people arrested for daring to protest.

Think it was bad when Chaney visited, APEC will be arriving soon…lol.

mg

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sooooo looking forward to APEC....not

top topics

join