It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke: you are a moron.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hi There,

Even though I (personally) consider a number of subjects that Icke discusses as being somewhat fantasical, I think it is important that one considers Icke's primary reason for doing what he is doing...and that is to 'inform'...nothing more.

All he his doing is presenting information for you to digest, and thence to agree or disagree with it. Icke does not care what you think of him, once he places the info in your hands, he then leaves it up to you. He has done this now for many years, and at great personal cost. He may ask that you buy his books or DVDs and other merchandise, but you are not obligated to do so. You are not obligated to accept the information he is passing on, just simply dismiss it to yourself and move onto the next conspiracy that takes your fancy.

Whatever he discusses, whatever information he puts out, it will not stop anything; you and I, and all other so-called informed persons will not stop 'anything' from unfolding. People will not unite against whatever it is they feel they ought to unite against. Our paths towards global-enslavement is inexorable and inevitable, and when the time comes, all will submit and comply. That is the future...guaranteed!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
alot of what icke talks about others talk about too, alex jones, jeff rense, steve quayle, propaganda matrix, coast to coast but you don't get such...angry... post about these guys as you do with icke. i wonder why? could be the reptilian shapeshifter thing? i guess if you actually read his stuff and see more than the few second blurbs here and there, one would understand that he does alot of research.
the reason you haven't seen much of him lately is because a ..co'worker or something in the states 'incorporated' all of ickes work with out ickes consent and now owns all the 'rights' and money from ickes work. ther is a law suite now and the money is in a 3rd parties hands untill the lawsiute is settled.
don't worry, you wont turn into a reptillian shapeshifter

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Our paths towards global-enslavement is inexorable and inevitable, and when the time comes, all will submit and comply. That is the future...guaranteed!

I think David would whole-heartedly disagree with you on that one...

One of the other things that David talks about, and its nothing more than him catching on to reality, is about the Awakening that is going on on Earth right now, and the vibrational change that is fundamentally altering this planet. Why do you think the NWO wants their NWO now? Because they know its time for us to awake, and they want to stop it, but they are already behind schedule, and there is nothing that leads me to believe that the Illuminati will be successful, I just dont see it happening, it wouldve happened already....

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Wow... well atleast he ticked you off well enough so you go do your own research... thats pretty good... lol hahahaha

honestly why do you care so much? Does someone you know follow him religiously or something?

He isn't spouting off anything new... actually neither are you.. those are all borrowed words

I think his reptilian crap is far-fetched myself..
But I don't find the need to make it a more serious claim with my rants against it.

Well if this post if directed to me then i'll try to answer your questions. It's not that i care so much pe it's the fact about certain things in life, ya know life sucks and then your told that lizards rule there world, there more evil then the most evil person on earth, then are told they want to destroy all of humanity and leave nothing. I understand the fact that it's nothing new but i just needed to get it off my chest. I wasn't making it more serious then it actually is, but i guess it's still the what if that gets me, and this wasn't a rant against it just me seeing certain sides of it. Hopefully that helps

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectionist
These types of personal attacks, from the OP, amuse me. I work with a guy who is like this. Its funny, I'll bring up a topic, ufos' for example, then watch him work himself into a angry rant against the topic that makes no sense. He has never read a book about the paranormal (I asked him this) but feels so compelled to be offended by it. Religion isnt a factor either, hes just exposing his programing and cant see it. I gave up trying to explain that its ok to not believe....whatever, but getting angry is silly. Its more fun this way anyway.

Yer, I probably don't respect the topic enough to spend that much time refuting it.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
--
First you take him out of context from a TV programme also you fail to grasp the point he was making, The concept of 'husband and wife' is just that it's had so many different forms through different societies, religions and throughout different era's the general concept of husband and wife has changed from polygamous to monogamous for one. The current norm of husband and wife is a contract sealed through marriage either through religion or state yet you crack at David Icke for pointing out this norm was introduced hundreds of years ago???

Then you bring his personal life into it in an attempt to discredit his opinion which is rather sad and just shows your biasm.
--
I brought his personal life into it because he made the statement in relation to his personal life. I didn't take it out of context, that was the context it was in. I was not necessarily discrediting his opinion, I was pointing out that his argument wasn't fluent. At no point do I say he is actually wrong.

Then there's the predictions. Any one of which you could probably cite at least two other people as having said, both of whom probably reasoned their arguments. Dave's research amounts to: "I got some information. From somewhere." How could you possibly be shocked that there would be a major terrorist attack on American soil sometime in the new millenium? This is the same USA, is it not, that has had systematic attacks made on its embassies in other countries by Muslim terrorist organisations over the last 20 years? Did you forget the World Trade Center attacks in 1994??? You eejit. As for, "there will be a big hurricane on the Gulf of Mexico and New Orleans" - no kidding! Because THAT never happens, eh?
--
Granted yet you've pointed out nothing new many a ATS member can vouch for the fact a vast majority of predictions are usually vague and there are many documented on this website.. you seem to misunderstand what a prediction is though just because big hurricanes do hit Mexico and New Orleans and the fact we already know this does not automatically discount someones prediction of the matter as there may be variables within that prediction such as dates etc.

prediction - the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future)
prediction - a statement made about the future

It's completely up to the person to believe into people's predictions of events at the end of the day there are many theories to support predictions and many that don't the multiple timeline event's being one for and as you've said the majority probability of events happening.

At the end of the day David Icke is not the worse offender of 'inventing' predictions so yet again you show biasm against him.
--
I show bias against David Icke because it was David Icke whose television appearance I was on about.

Why do you try to Inisuate George Orwell into this as if you have some insight into his opinion we know nothing of a dead man's perspective his books and works do not represent or speak as the end word for him so again another point moot and yet again your immaturity i think in an attempt to build a attack anyway you can because you don't like David Icke.
--
No, I just have an objection to the word "Orwellian" and its overuse.

"The next Blair/Bush introduced law..."
Unless your present in UN meetings or Whitehouse and Downing Street wheres your evidence to against the fact the that leaders may be acting as speculated NWO organizations do so and so infact discuss what to pass next.
--
Fair enough.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Research, though. What research? What does your research amount to? Where is your documented proof?
-------
I think you'll find he does research his subjects heres a list of his documented proof although he doesn't own the right to his work at the moment supposedly he has been cheated out of it you should check his website as well.

Even if it his research is discounted you have to deny ignorance.

Books:

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion (2005)
Tales from the Time Loop: The Most Comprehensive Expos of the Global Conspiracy Ever Written and All You Need to Know to Be Truly Free (2003)
Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster (2002)
Children of the Matrix (2001)
The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change the World (1999)
And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1996)
I Am Me, I Am Free
The Robot's Rebellion (1994)
Truth Vibrations (1991)
It Doesn't Have To Be This Way (1989)

Videos:

Freedom or Fascism: The Time to Choose (2006)
The Reptilian Agenda
David Icke - Secrets of the Matrix (Parts 1 -3)
David Icke: The Freedom Road
David Icke: Revelations of a Mother Goddess
David Icke, Live in Vancouver: From Prison to Paradise

Face it, the man cannot put together a cogent and convincing argument to save his life. Lizard people, for god's sake. Listen to what the #er is saying. 90% of what you are agreeing with, someonein the media (yeah, that would be the thing he takes such a massive dump on as being an instrument of the Illuminati) has already said, and with more backing up of their statement with facts.

Since you've clearly never in your life read anything that might possibly aid you in the construction of reasoned argument, let me guide you through the basics:

-----------
Because a sixteen year old clearly knows more about these subjects than a man who has spent alot of his life researching these things and yeah he may be wrong alot of the time but that doesn't mean your right either and i'm not bringing age's into this to discredit you i'm merely stating that you may not have all the answers either just like Mr Icke so why try and argue about it and not bring facts into it yourself.
--
I don't claim to have any answers.

The evidence that Bush and Blair are terrorists? YOU GOT THAT FROM THE NEWS, DAVD ICKE. Listen very, very carefully. David Icke has never been to Iraq. David Icke does not know a single thing about the Iraq War other than that which he has gleaned from the newsmedia he constantly accuses of lying. He is, in short, basing his argument that the media is a tool for government propoganda entirely on what he claims to be lies.
-----
Do you know him personally to be able to judge this, You haven't been to Iraq either and your own words rearranged: 'Basing an arguement entirely on what she claims to be lies.' sum this up.
--
Pardon? To judge what? I judge that David Icke, like every other person who says that Buch and Blair are terrorists (indlucing me) bases their argument at least in part, but more often entirely, on news sources. David Icke claims that you can't trust the news. Hence...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Then there's what he probably thinks is superior satire: him, pretending to be an onsite westminster news reporter, saying he doesn't know whether what he's saying is the truth or not, he just gets it from the politicians. As if no journalist ever bothers doing their own research but him. SORRY DAVID. YOU FAIL.

--------

Lies or the truth they are both the same thing yet not, It's up to you to believe who is one to judge another.

In your last comment you state what everyone already know's that you have an opinion and you can listen to who you want. welcome to freedom of speech but just like David Icke just because you have an opinion doesn't make it the end all or be all of the matter or an authority on the subject. If your thread actually had less of what you also claimed the man does and more evidence and less self ego it would of been interesting in my opinion.
---
I did not claim that my opinion was the be all and end all on any subject, however much it may have looked that way, but I do agree I have a massive ego; NPD diagnosed.

---
Deny Ignorance you'd be wise to pay more attention to that slogan before you try to run around this website like you have so many others and look where it has got you...
---
And what websites would these be dear, considering you have met me on a grand total of... three. And one of those is myspace, which doesn't really count.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Wow... well atleast he ticked you off well enough so you go do your own research... thats pretty good... lol hahahaha

honestly why do you care so much? Does someone you know follow him religiously or something?

He isn't spouting off anything new... actually neither are you.. those are all borrowed words

I think his reptilian crap is far-fetched myself..
But I don't find the need to make it a more serious claim with my rants against it.

Well if this post if directed to me then i'll try to answer your questions. It's not that i care so much pe it's the fact about certain things in life, ya know life sucks and then your told that lizards rule there world, there more evil then the most evil person on earth, then are told they want to destroy all of humanity and leave nothing. I understand the fact that it's nothing new but i just needed to get it off my chest. I wasn't making it more serious then it actually is, but i guess it's still the what if that gets me, and this wasn't a rant against it just me seeing certain sides of it. Hopefully that helps

Nah that post was probably directed at me, and in reply I say: I never claimed to say anything new or visionary, just inflammatory. Generally I rant because I am bored and have nothing better to rant about.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I thought his early work was very powerful and well presented. The problem I had at the time and still have, is that it all leads off into the reptilian theory. I'am open minded to all things but the credibility factor on this one is way low.

I've often wondered if he was "Got at" ?
IE: Forced, payed off, or threatened, to come up with the whole Lizard fiasco so as to discredit his earlier and far more plausible work on the Bilderbergers, NWO, etc,etc.

Just a thought, still find him entertaing though, Terrible footballer!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere
A poster on the Anon board mentioned a program he was on recently..."david Icke, was he right?"

anyway, here it is, just watching it now..

Google Video Link

Alternative Link

I wonder how many times icke has watched that interview

they're not laughing with you david......

that's gotta hurt !

its funny how he starts by speaking about how brave he is, and how TV brainwashes you from reality, then he slips it in like he's talking about an oil change..."they seem like reptiles, don't they"

he's talking about the windsors !!

I think that's an important point. When you spend a lot of time thinking about war, the loss of life, and the men who decide when a war starts and stops, and for what reason, you eventually come to see them like merchants, like in pink floyds song, "the dogs of war", and you become revolted, disgusted, numb.
Then you ask yourself, "what kind of human being can send 100,000 teenagers into the nazi's trench-style front lines with machine guns and mortars raining down on them just so the international bankers can take over another countries central bank ? Don't they have enough country estates and little islands these greedy little parasites ?

do they have the heart of a snake ? a rat ?

a lizard ?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi There,

As one or two of you have stated, or perhaps more accurately, imputed in your posts, Icke has both a 'plausible' and 'implausible' rating factor (in generalising the issue).

I could never accept his claims of reptilian entities subverting the course of human history to their own ends, but in a philosophical (fringe) sense I leave it open because one cannot fully refute the 'possibility' of such entities existing.

I can certainly accept a 'shadowy' group of corporate magnates seeking to steer man's course for their own ends, and to hide their plans and existence behind historical and contemporary folklore. It's classic obsfucation, along with dis-informing, red-herrings, and mixture of facts to bewilder and confuse the paper-trail to them. Those at the top-of-the-hill like it there, and one can understand their dislike for wanting to be removed from it. They want to maintain their grip on the view from the top for their own family dynasty for as long as possible, and thus our societies - particularly in the West, are structured in a way that aids them to maintain such a grip.

I also accept that we have/are on a slow but gradually accelerating move towards a Orwellian societal structure; I really do not think there is any doubt about this. I feel that those whom are steering us all towards this form of society actually accept it as the correct form of societal progression, not in the way to make individuality a extinct state of self-sovereignty, but certainly to stifle it enough to within justifiable means of control...and that means being able to monitor your every move, and to use your own needs and desires as a form of manipulation to gain your compliance: in other words, to make you addictive to their plans, but not in a fully cognizant way.

That the structure and means is already in place and running is no doubt, and the more technological we become, the more we come to depend upon it to make our lives comfortable (to a degree)...our dependence is our addiction. There's no rush to boil the frog in the water, but there is one to heat the water more ever so slightly in phases. I would suggest that there are horrific and appalling plans in place needing to unfold, and one of which is the necessary 'cull' of large numbers of the human race, targeting specific nations and races seen (in racial terms) as either backward, medieval, or even impure...a technological society would ultimately revert to a society of the 'hive'. Unfortunately, I cannot even begin to 'see' a way out from this conundrum without recourse to violent confrontation and self-societal destruction, ie, revolution (in order to begin again).

I do think, however, that those whom are steering society towards certain goals, are fearful of revolution within their own society...they won't hinder it occurring in other nations, but will do anything to avoid such 'regime' change in their own.

Individually, we each have to discern a path of self-direction, and we have to defend it against all forms of influence...we either play their game or we don't, there is no in-between...you're with them or against them, and once chosen, you cannot re-choose.

In the film Gladiator, just prior to the first conflict against the Germanians, Maximus states to his troops "What we do now...echoes through eternity!" If, for instance, reincarnation is fact, each of us now are sowing the seeds of what we will return to at some future date in the guise of another person, in the form of our children's children. I'd like to think that if I were to return, I would do so into a society that is free from Orwellian doctrines, and that means treating the future of our children as if it were our very own. This, and this alone, is the choice we have to make today! Ultimately, I think this is what Icke is saying to us.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Does this make Credo Mutwa a moron as well?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
you have issues, why don't you get on with your life instead of posting ridiculous nonsense, and why are you asking David Icke questions and why do you expect him to answer YOU. This thread appears as though you are intensely jealous of him. Get a life you moron

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nice piece Elysiumfield.

The world is a dark place right now, and I share your sentiments for the future.

People who rush to attack the messenger forget that its only the message thats important.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Its funny how so many can be worked up into a tizzy over his books. At the very least he presents things to think about. Is that so wrong? If you dont agree with him, READ ANOTHER BOOK! Or better yet, WRITE A BOOK OF YOUR OWN! Sorry, didnt mean to yell. You know who I think writes crappy books? Koontz. I'm not going to get all upity about it, instead I choose not to read any more of his books. Im not going to slam the guy. Come to think about it, those of you who dont like Icke : have you read any of his books or did you just spend 9 minutes watching a video on you tube while you down a bag of cheetos? Ask yourself this : Why am I so angry? Leave Icke behind and focus on yourself for the answer.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Projectionist:

The Cheatos line is priceless.

Thanks for making me laugh!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lawlshambles

Thos who ridicule David Icke are fools..that`s all I need to say, it`s very simple

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join