It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Well, I'm not going to actually list 5 people..
but I will list 1 ...
I am my favorite being in the bible.
Everything it has explained or described is a happening or function of my internal being.
My internal landscape is what determines the way in which I perceive and absorb the outside landscape therefore it has done a marvelous job ONLY when I read it under this context, to re-wire my internal landscapes.
Originally posted by mojo4sale
Not being rude here Great Tech but you started a thread " Why are Atheists Atheists", will you be answering any of the questions posed in that thread or should i just not bother posting in your threads. I figured if you start a thread where you ask questions that you would continue to reply.
Once again not meaning to start a fight just wondering if i should continue posting in that thread.
Originally posted by queenannie38
dang, GT - i'm not sure i can narrow it down that far!
How about OT and NT, 8 each? (it's the best i can do)
1. Joseph (for maintaining the standards with which Jacob raised him through bad and then worse)
2. Moses (for being the MASTER of IMPROV)
3. Joshua (for not looking to the right or to the left; for having good courage)
4. Samuel (for hearkening to the voice of GOD no matter what)
5. Elijah (for the showdown atop Carmel and also the incident of the cave)
6. Daniel (for just being DANIEL)
7. Isaiah (for being such a direct open channel for God's Spirit)
8. Jeremiah (for loving God more than country and never mincing words)
1. Zechariah & Elizabeth (for their piety)
2. Mary (all/any especially the Magdalene - the best friend of our LORD)
3. Cephas Peter (for his undying blind devotion)
4. James the Just (for his stewardship of the holy family)
5. Judas Didymus Thomas (for doing what had to be done)
6. the Beloved Disciple (for seeking the righteousness of the Kingdom above all things)
7. Simon (for sharing the burden)
8. Yehoshua the Nazarene (for daring to bear the Father’s witnessed and be esteemed as naught – to love truth more than life)
All of these, IMHO, loved TRUTH more than LIFE and even more than LOVE.
Love is the greatest of things, GT, no doubt….but without TRUTH love is a lie.
[edit on 2/24/2007 by queenannie38]