It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phantom Panther

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Phantom Panther was first sighted in Southern Illinois. It was described as "a 9-feet tall panther that had the ability to disappear and reappear (and shape shift?)". I personally just heard about this thing and want to know if any of you folks have heard of this.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Sounds like something related to native indian shaman stories?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have heard of this while I was looking on my Mothman project. I was searching GALILEO and I found some information on the following cryoptoes:

Bigfoot
Mothman
Jackelope
Phantom Panther
Skunk Ape
Champ

It gave its sighting location (Southern Illinois) and its description (just like you put). This is one interesting crypto. Do you know much else of the Pahntom Panther?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac

I have heard of this while I was looking on my Mothman project. I was searching GALILEO and I found some information on the following cryoptoes

What exactly is a cryoptoes ?

Wondering,
Lex

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
A crypto or cryptid is just a term for supposedly undiscovered animals and beasts such as sasquatch, sea monsters, chupacabra, hippies, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hippies LMAO

Thanks for explaining. B1ueSoldier. I probably would have said something like, "The plural for crypto".

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac
Do you know much else of the Phantom Panther?

Well, that's kinda why I made the post, so to see if anyone knows about the Phantom Panther.

Yah know!?

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Missingno.]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I researched the Phantom Panther a little more on GALILEO. According to GALILEO, it said that the Phantom Panther is a purple-black in color and is usually seen during night. See, it could be mistooken for a normal panther (if they live that far north), a puma (not sure if the live up there, either, but they sure do live her ein Georgia), or a mountain lion (which do live up there, but what knid of mountain lion is black?). But the size just does not fit any of them. There has been like, only 2 sightings during the day. Missingno., maybe you should start doing a little reasearch to see what you want to figure out. Does that sound like an idea? Smartie? *smirks*

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ive never heard of it, but maybe it is just a Native American tale. Could just have been a really big panther that no one has caught. Have there been any recent sightings of it?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nit any that I know of. It doesn't sound like any Native American tale iv'e heard.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It is an interesting subject though, as there is a wealth of tales of people seeing large cats where there are supposed to be none. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Read above...

Mmkay?

Well, I will!

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Dragonoligist Zac]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's a link...

en.wikipedia.org...

It's about "Phantom Cats" but it is similar.

new topics

top topics

join