It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

irresponsible advertising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
now this is one for the CTer's to debate for the next 2 years...

november 9th 2009 next big terror strike or so the red cross are scaring you with in their new billboard campaign.

yes, thats right - they announced a bio-chemical attack for that future date just so you never forget to be scared of everybody and everything!

is this the future of advertising? keep you terrified and helpless with scare tactics?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't see much of a problem with it. People aren't dumb enough to look at it and think that yes, for sure there will be an attack on that day. If it get's more people to donate blood, which is always in short supply, then it's a good thing.

Besides, people here on ATS, and many other websites spout about the next major cataclismic event all the time. Not much different.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ofcourse two days before my 28th birthday
. I atleast wanted to live until I saw 11/11/2011. That's actually a weird date I can't see somebody really picking that date for no reason.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Do you watch the ads during your favorite TV show, or flip around for a
couple minutes ?

Same thing. Most "informed" people take what they percieve as useful,
and dismiss the rest.

I'm really hoping I'm "informed".

Gonna go buy some Tag Body Spray, now. Brb...

Lex

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The 'fearmongering' of the billboard is to get people to donate blood on a regular basis. How is that a 'reprehensible method of control'? If the Red Cross and other civilian emergency support services need to get people to donate things like blood, and they are in a blood shortage right now, then who cares?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There is nothing to worry about. They only want your blood.

new topics

top topics

join