It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would disclosure effect our beleif about "history"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
and would the record books all need to be amended to account for possible extra terrestrial intervention

is this a strong deterrent to avoid disclosure; re-writing or at least ammending the history books and hurting the ego's of people and organizations who have spent/make lots of money based on there versions of history?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain once the secret is out our historical record will either be amended greatly or tossed out due to its huge omissions and relegated as a belief system of our former civilization.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Nice question.

It would reveal the futility of the "My God is better than your God" syndrome, that each culture on this planet perpetuates through its own understanding of history.

IE: Jihad, Crusades, Inquisitions are all a figment of mans imagination, not a directive of some omnipitant power we label as God.

Bring on the Truth, mankind needs a good smack upside the head.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"Falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind"—Jean-Jacques Rousseau.

That pretty much sums it up.

AAC

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
first of all it would probably bring out the history that people HAVENT been told such as the beginnings of first contact with extraterrestrial life forms in our past 60 years and prior. also depending on what they tell us we can understand the root of the religions that have come in this world

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI
Bring on the Truth, mankind needs a good smack upside the head.

Exactly. Let's shake it up and see what falls out.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Each nation has distorted "history" beyond repair and ufo/alien secrecy has only played a small role in this compared to other concepts! The biggest distortion in my opinion has been in religion, politics and culture.

Each nation puts it's own twist on the facts to suit it's need. The greeks portray the turkish barbaric and uncivilized, the turks do the same! The same concept applies to jews vs arabs, americans vs russians, irish vs englishmen...etc! We view each others history as we like and see fit!

I think full disclosure of ufos/aliens and what is happening in our own solar system can only help humanity put its small differences aside and unite under god, discovery and progress for in the end we are all just one species and that is the human species!

Enough bull# is enough! GIVE US DISCLOSURE/LIGHT NOW!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
wouldn't that open up a can of worms

i mean if they could keep a lie like that what else may they lie about

like if did a study 50 years ago that the world's population would be so large by 2000 that our natural resources would be drying up and that we needed to reduce the population for the greater good of mankind

so they see themselves as the predetors enforcing a type of natural selection drawing up ideas to get rid of the undesirable's and the weak
as well as introducing birth control and sterilization they introduced man made diseases for the "greater good of mankind" to keep the population down. aids anyone

also would this change our ideas about the egyptians who built the pyramids (or many already beleive aliens were involved with this)

I FEEL like it is my right to know what happened in history and who was responsible and i'm sick of all the disinfo that is sprinkled in with some real secret info and i would like a concise realistic up to date book on our history.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe disclosure will bring about all the lies the world's governments and religions have been spewing to us since before the time of Christ. Or disclosure will uncover the secrete society that is hording technology,brainwashing people and trying to take over the world. A few more big reasons why we will never see it unless ET take it into thier own hands.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
disclosure would give the public a huge reason to distrust the government and not take what the government says as fact. This is why the government isn't going to let disclosure happen - people would begin thinking for themselves

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticGreek74
I think full disclosure of ufos/aliens and what is happening in our own solar system can only help humanity put its small differences aside and unite under god

Or not.

I don't believe in God, it doesn't exist. Why should I unite with you under something that I do not believe?

People will never unite, as long as their fundamental belief systems are different.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

People will never unite, as long as their fundamental belief systems are different.

Oh no. Absolutely wrong. You my friend are lucky enough to live in a period where false religions will be exposed. Hold on tight.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Oh no. Absolutely wrong. You my friend are lucky enough to live in a period where false religions will be exposed. Hold on tight.

Mate, I'm waiting for it to happen. Please, bring on the day when all religions are knocked on the head!

Unfortunately, there will always be fringe element, religious zealots, who will always believe in God, no matter what. We can't unite as a species, as we're too fractured in what we believe.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't understand...

How much history have you read? Despite the victors writing the history, there's so much information, you couldn't get through it in a lifetime. It's only this era of history that the subject is more prevalent in the psyche of the population, mainly due to communication systems, printing technology and media. We don't need to re-write history, we just need to read it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Mate, I'm waiting for it to happen. Please, bring on the day when all religions are knocked on the head!

Be patient for it will happen. Look inside your heart to find rectification until then.

Peace, AAC

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Most history has already been rewritten so many times over that the truth will be forever buried. What is important is that disclosure would open a new chapter in mankind's book. We would then be able to go back and decipher through the lies and omissions not to rewrite but to gain a better understanding. As for religion, the zealots and leaders wouldn't change a thing. Belief is probably the most powerful emotion we possess besides hate and when you mix the two, you get destruction and death beyond comprehension.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Some history would stay the same. But I think we may have a vast history not normally written about in our school books.

There would be additions and deletions.

I fear that even if we get some sort of disclosure, we still might not get the "whole truth."

Troy

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Wikipedia is rewritten every single and while. History is rewritten, but scince some people don't bother even to check a file of wiki they think that it never changes. That's not true.
Prote is right. Mind to read.
Speaking about extra-terrestials, you are wrong cpdaman. Their disclosure will not re-write history, scince we have no records of aliens in the past. A possible disclosure will add a new chapter to our history. It will write history.

Thanks
Dragon

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
yes some people are ignorant of our written history that is correct

and if there is disclosure there will be things added to history that is correct as well

now what else would disclosure of aliens bring to light about our creation, our secret bases, our interpretation of anceint civilizatiions

things to consider even if you may not like to go through the critical thinking of realizing you may have been duped, alot of us even "historians"

top topics

join