It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about wireless internet...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I never bought no internet or subscribed to its service, so I rely on the wireless LAN built in card on my toshiba l35 satelite laptop computer to catch wireless signals to use the internet, however, it is weak in most areas and sometimes doesn't catch at all, for example, at home, I have to go to the balcony to use it, it won't work in the house. So my question is, how can I make my computer catch wireless internet better, and get a better signal? Are there special antennas for that? Any tips about wireless internet?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So basically your stealing wireless internet from other people, as you've stated that you don't pay for internet and you "catch wireless signals to use the internet".

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
How-To: Build a WiFi biquad dish antenna 250 mile radius!

EASY TIN CAN ALTERNATIVE

*WIRELESS NETWORKING CONCEPTS* (A MUST READ)
www.ozcableguy.com...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can buy stronger gear (since you are from russia note that the prices from the site are Australian dollars):

- Netgear 9dBi Indoor / Outdoor Omni-Directional Antenna (3,834.78 RUB)

- D-Link Air ANT24-1801 Outdoor 18dBi High Gain Directional Yagi Antenna (5,826.61 RUB)

- D-Link Air ANT24-2100 Outdoor 21dBi Gain Directional Grid Antenna (8,394.46 RUB)

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
aw c'mon datz hella mean, my computer catches the wireless waves itself, its not like I made it do it or nothing, here is how it happens, I turn on the computer and then it says I'm connected to the internet, is it my fault? How is it my fault? That I bought the computer? Or that I turned on the computer? Or that I use the internet that somehow works on my computer? Oh and I go to the balcony so it works better, in the house it is slow and sometimes barely works, so what am I doing bad? And goodness no I don't steal.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thanks Selmer 2 for the advice and the products you've mentioned, those products look interesting, I will go to the store and see what they got.

top topics

join