It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Speeding Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
You people need to spend more time in waiting rooms and long lines.

But this thread isn't about Canada's socialized medicine program.

Seriously, I 've noticed that the older I get the faster time seems to run.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I noticed this two, although I've noticed the older I got the faster time seemed to go by.

But really February is going by really fast, it was just yesterday it seems it was January...its kinda freaky.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
wow, I thought I was alone on this. But yeah, it seems like my perception of time (or the perception of change) has been different. But I think another explanation would be that the same regular events occur more often and few extraordinary events occur. Ordinary experienced aren't remembered as well as extraordinary so time seems to move faster.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I believe this feeling is a psychological effect of growing older. Consciousness is self-evolving meaning that when you are born it is a blank slate and then slowly over time you fill it up. As you grow old (and even up until the day you die) your consciousness is evolving. You become more “aware” as you get older. It is a natural progression of life. As you get older you also become more aware that you are getting closer to death. Have you ever heard an old person talk about how fast life goes by? Or when you were a kid your birthday couldn’t come fast enough, but when you are an adult birthdays go by too fast.

EDIT: I remember a teacher in one of my old college psychology classes saying something about, "you know you are in trouble when you realize that time is passing faster because that means your next revelation is to discover death is raising toward you." lol

[edit on 22-2-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is interesting I hadn't thought of trying to compare the perception of time over a lifetime,to just a few seconds*

Maybe we can do it more easily at first by learning it early then doing it over a lifetime rather than trying to master it then attempting to live an eternity in a few seconds..disclaimer,not rambling incoherently-see link

*www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
however if what i stated as my theory is occuring

that we would seem like time is passing by as we get older only more quickly as of recently

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree with belief that the older you get the faster time seems to go, but I'm only 17 and already time is going faster. It seems like at this pace by the time I'm 50 it will go by in the blink of an eye.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I agree with belief that the older you get the faster time seems to go, but I'm only 17 and already time is going faster. It seems like at this pace by the time I'm 50 it will go by in the blink of an eye.

Sadly, it will go by in the blink of an eye.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I do believe that time gets faster the older you get. Im 20 now and it seems like I was in middle school last week, but my dad has told me when your 50 you will look back and be like, where the # did my life go?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
well someone asked for a theory and that is mine

please avoid blanket statements "everyone's"

[edit on 22-2-2007 by cpdaman]

blanket statement? unless someone is mentally unable to comprehend it for some odd reason, many factors should make time seem to pass quicker as you age.

i feel pretty confident that it is everyone's perception.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I used to think that time was actually speeding up.

But as I get older, I realise that I am just slowing down.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth

Originally posted by mrwupy
But to answer your question, yea, time seems to be speeding by. I just think it's because of the pattern of familiarity.

Yes, this is true. Have you ever noticed sometimes? Let's say you are going to a place either you drive or someone else will drive you, it seems faster when you are on the way back from where you come from than on the way to a destination. (most cases, going to a destiation for the first time)

Maybe because of the familiarity of the road & other landmark.

What if i suggested that we have ALL walked down this road before? That we have all lived before, and are all one.

Time is speeding up. Everyone has the feeling that they are constantly waiting for something, they know something is around the corner..

Its called the Ascension, and it is coming
The Earth changes begun awhile ago, and now the elite are trying to keep us distracted with Iran/WW3, and trying to hide the changes under the guide of global warming..

Know that life is only a ride, and you can choose to get off whenever you want. Know that there is a purpose to life, and that you ARE that purpose. You are here to be part of the ascension, it can not happen without you, and you can not happen without it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

Know that life is only a ride, and you can choose to get off whenever you want. Know that there is a purpose to life, and that you ARE that purpose. You are here to be part of the ascension, it can not happen without you, and you can not happen without it.

Synchronicity..was just talking about this on another forum.What would you choose if you could live 1 minute of any sci-fi movie?I'd choose when this music comes in,from First Contact

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If this is true then why is "Ascension" speeding up our perception of time?
Are you implying that its cause we have somehow been here before?

[edit on 2/23/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

Originally posted by searching_for_truth

Originally posted by mrwupy
But to answer your question, yea, time seems to be speeding by. I just think it's because of the pattern of familiarity.

Yes, this is true. Have you ever noticed sometimes? Let's say you are going to a place either you drive or someone else will drive you, it seems faster when you are on the way back from where you come from than on the way to a destination. (most cases, going to a destiation for the first time)

Maybe because of the familiarity of the road & other landmark.

What if i suggested that we have ALL walked down this road before? That we have all lived before, and are all one.

Time is speeding up. Everyone has the feeling that they are constantly waiting for something, they know something is around the corner..

Its called the Ascension, and it is coming
The Earth changes begun awhile ago, and now the elite are trying to keep us distracted with Iran/WW3, and trying to hide the changes under the guide of global warming..

You got a way above for this Shrunkensimon. Congrats I almost never give them out, but you hit the nail right on the head.

I noticed this alot earlyer. It seems like by about 2 years. Time will only speed up more as we go along. You think time is fast now just wait. Time is not only speeding up for us , but for our cousins the chimp.
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...
Start living within your bliss. Stop living for the work place. Time is to short. Learn to love yourself more. It don't matter what other people think about you. It's what you think about you that matters. We all have alot of house cleaning to do, and I am not typing about the house your body is in. I am typing about house you use to live in this realm. Clean up your shadow self and embrace your true self.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Black
If this is true then why is "Ascension" speeding up our perception of time?
Are you implying that its cause we have somehow been here before?
[edit on 2/23/2007 by Frank Black]

No. We have been in this current situation before, but not this exact time/place (Atlantis, Leumaria).

Why is time seeming to be going faster these days? I could give you my own list of why this is happening, but everyone will have a different opinion on this.

IMO; Physical time is not changing, a second is still a second, an hour is still an hour. It is our perception of time that is changing.

Ascension is to do with Consciousness. What defines consciousness (in this dimension anyway)? Time and place. Our entire civilization is focused upon these two parameters, whether it be with the Bible, calendars, history, our day to day life..

2012 is a time and place in space. Time will reach a point of infinity/singularity. Human consciousness will reach the other side..dun dun DUN! lol.

Whether or not this will be limited to chemical reactions in the mind, such as release of '___' or other compounds, or whether it will involve the physical body, possibly even potential higher bodies, is anyones guess. I have my own opinion, but i think everyone should conclude for themselves

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Albert Einstein's theory talks about time dilation. Read about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Einstein is not a god of wisdom, there are many flaws in his theories!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Here's the theory I'll present...

Consider your brain to be a computer. As it gets older, it slows down and takes longer to process things. As a result, time appears to move faster because it takes longer to process something.

Think of it this way...have your ever had your computer freeze up while processing something? It's basically stuck at that point in time. Once finished, it moves ahead to the present, and it feels like the time is gone.

Hope I made some sense..Thoughts anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join