It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Criticism of ATS All Of A Sudden?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ATS has grown greatly in popularity since 'the ol' days'...it seems alot of people sign up just to comment on one topic or for stupid one liners. like it was mentioned before, alot of what is talked about here, and linked to here, can be some pretty powerful stuff...debunking and debunking debunkers gets a response from others who just don't want to believe it and from those who want an audience.
i'm sure a site like this is ...'watched'..and some day there wil probably be...'legislation'... against sites like ATS...

i too have noticed that some mods don't seem to be watching the threads like the old one used to..but ATS is soo much bigger now it can be difficult to keep up with..but again, that is what they should be doing...isn't it?

kudos to ATS ..the 3 amigos and others for keeping and improving a site that i think helps shed some light onto the darkeness that is our future

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have seen these threads posted here and there the entire time I have been here at ATS (admitedly not that long) but I usualy ignore them. I still think this is one of the best sites on the internet.

I am sure this is one case where a few bad apples will not ruin the whole bunch. ATS sure will have it's trolls its mockers it's disbelievers etc. However it's not realy new and it's realy not going to slow down progress twards the truith.

I have also noticed that the Mods, SMods and Admin do an excelent job of getting rid of complete rubbish off the boards while also at the same time respecting honest opinion even when that opinion is not exactly favorable to ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
We're Getting Too Close To The Truth

That's why they are out to get us.

Amen brother, we ARE the truth

Keep spreading it, they can't stop us now as Rage Against the Machine says.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
True,Chissler. Most of the moderators here are pretty lenient..

Oh, don't let them fool you. There only lenient because in the long run they're going to be cracking the whip over you in the Sugar Mines.

Seriously though, all the moderators, when they come across *questionable* posts, give the OP 24 hours to prove their point. How fair is that? Most other sites are just like "OMG HOXE!!! BAND!" but our mods are pretty soft. Add to that the fact that they aren't above getting really hyped about something cool, they join us in poking fun at all of the "ATS is run by..." or the "ATS Censored..." threads and you gotta pretty nice group of people.

And let's not forget all of you (yes YOU, and you and you, you, you... not you though). A community of people who provide fair views on everything.

You guys RULE!

Drinks are on............... someone who can afford to buy them.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Quote: originally by Clearmind

kudos to ATS ..the 3 amigos and others for keeping and improving a site that i think helps shed some light onto the darkeness that is our future

Amen.
You can't deny ignorance if there is none. Criticism is a good thing for ATS. It shows that there are people out there that can't handle the truth. It show's that some people are ignorant enough to believe what they believe without researching their own beliefs or the beliefs of others.

I to congrats the three Amigos for their commitment to the search for the truth. And to all the members that deny ignorance. Let's take ATS to the future.

[edit on 3/15/2007 by Solarskye]

Man, sorry about the edits. Cannot spell tonight for some reason.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
test

Test? test!

Is there an up coming test?

No one told me!.

Or is it these type of anti ATS threads that your refering to,to be the "test" for us?

Or was it just a "test" post from you kinglizard because your having problems with posting?

Way to go at tormenting me with so many unanswered questions.

If its a "test" for calmness and patience,I think I just flunked.

On topic,personnaly I dont see anything out of the ordinary on the subject of more criticism of late.Did I pass?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Some people are malcontents and are never happy with anything.

Nobody forces us to come here. We are here because we want to be.

I wish people would stop it already with the accusations- this is free, interesting, a place where we can discuss conspiracies, what do you want?
Do you want to pay a fee for posting here so then you can say its a rip off and a fraud?

Everybody knows where the door is (or the log off button).

Dont let it hit you.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Good Of The Bad

Originally posted by dgtempe
Some people are malcontents and are never happy with anything.

And quite often, they point out things we might overlook.

Based on such criticism, we can improve the way we do things, which is pretty darn cool if you ask me.

I know a constant drumbeat of negativity can get old, and there's some things we just don't like to hear, but the fact that there is such a drumbeat doesn't mean we can't do things better, and I pray that we will never turn a blind eye to good ideas.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Magic,

I dont think ATS can get any gooder than it is.

But i do see your point. Why do you always have to be so darn RATIONAL?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
ATS is full of crazy people.

Nice attempt to bury the truth in a stack of lies.

Y'all are crazy. It's ok. Admit it. You'll feel so much better once you accept that fact. Can someone pass me the lard, I'm dying over here.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

ATS is run by Conservatives.
ATS is run by Liberals.
ATS is run by the government.
ATS is run by Reptillians.
ATS is run by Freemasons.
ATS is anti-American.
ATS is pushing disinfo.
ATS is censoring my posts.
ATS is full of crazy people.

I agree with all of the above statements.

EDIT: My Criticism of ATS is that some topics are too generalized. Paranormal Studies for example is just kind of a hodgepodge of topics. Topics that I feel do not really fit together. I can understand not wanting to maintain 10 different forums but that is still my criticism.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by zerotime]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join