It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if nobody paid their bills?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think alot of people especialy in the area where I live (North America) it seems the average Joe/Jane is getting more angry at they way we are being treated by our elected officials and their policies. Some people think its going to end up in some sort of armed revolution but I think I have a better idea how to beat them.

They seem to depend on our labour and our service which leads us to make thier money which allows us to basicly live. Lets say it keeps getting worse like it seems to be and they take away even more rights and force even more pressure on the middle class.

Well I say then that the best course of action would be a strike on paying bills. I mean dont pay any bills and everyone would have to take part and as long as we prepared properly and stockpiled enough food I really think we could force them into the corner and isnt there more of us then there is of them? They need people like us to police us but if our actions are not violent what can they do? Put every single person in jail? Imagine if people decided to just not pay there bills out of protest, I really believe this would disrupt their system enough that the few of them there are would lose power. IMO the power they have over us is money and money alone, money buys guns which people use and money buys people which guns need or they are useless.

A plan like this though would take an alot of organizing and I am sure the powers that be would stop it at all costs but I truly think a strike on paying bills would send them a clear message but I highly doubt it will ever be as us sheeple dont seem to work together enough to acomplish it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
or if everyone paid their bills and didnt spend money on pointless crap then our country wouldnt be foundering in debt.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What would happen if there was a massive "don't pay" strike is this....

The troops would round up a bunch of strikers, throw them in the detainment facilities, confiscate all their belongings, including house, cars, all assets. Then turn all the strikers loose and broadcast their misery at trying to get their stuff back. All this on the govt. controlled media.

This example of gov./corp. strength would dissuade most of the others from striking.

If you continued to not pay, your neighbors would turn you in just to keep the heat off themselves and to show what good citizens they are.

You underestimate the power of the powers that be.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
You underestimate the power of the powers that be.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

yep you have no chance, you have to do any resistence in a passive way.

no chance to get any support really, it would be a waste of time

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If people just stopped paying their bills, alot of people would suffer and/or die...Needlessly.

Would You work if you were not going to be paid? Would You object if, after working your normal pay period, you boss told you "Sorry, I can't pay you since no one has paid us what they owe us".

Would you risk your life, and the welfare of your family, as a peace officer or fire fighter or a soldier, if you were not going to be paid?

Don't think so.

I work for a state tax agency. Not a day goes by that some one doesn't bluster "Well, I'm just not going to pay my taxes! What do you say to THAT!"

I usually say something like:

"That's fine, but since you won't be paying for them, please stop driving on our tax-funded roads to get to work or for shopping, stop drinking, or in any way, using the water our taxes help purify, don't bother to call the police if you are robbed or assulted, and don't call the fire department if your house burns or if some one in your family needs emergency medical attention. Oh, and by the way, the air you're breathing, that's made cleaner through the application of tax dallars too, but we'll let that slide. For now"

Get the point?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
much better to refuse to pay the one you are angry at....the government...but then, umm...be prepared for some nasty consequences.

but, well, if you're angry at the ones running the show, why would you want to take it out on that nice person that sold you the car, or the nice bank that ignored a few policies to extend you the credit when you really didn't qualify?

or you landlord, or employee....

na....
go for the ones that are peeving you off..
write to them today, tell them that you're sick of the way they are running the country. and tell them straight out. they won't get another tax return from you till you see a definative improvement in their performance...

but then be prepared to really have a hard time for awhile with the irs.....

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well I live in Canada and if I decide to seperate myself from the system I would just go live off the land like Jerimiah Johnson and have no need for the so called privlages my tax dollars would have provided. There is lots of land in North America and people really dont need to be so dependant on the government and I was asking what if a whole lot of people decided as a group through organizing protest to stop paying bills like not just a few but millions of people or else it wouldnt really effect the powers that control things.

People can find ways to keep things going and make the government think about changing the way they operate or doing away with the system as a whole. Something has to be done because they just seem to be totaly dominating and are able to do alot of terrible things to no consequence.

The bills I would recomend not paying would be: Power,Credit cards,Banks and anything that is affiliated with a large corporation or the government. I know it sounds crazy but we live in a crazy world and people will always find a way to survive no matter how tough it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Go hang with the Quakers. They don't believe in paying taxes either.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Slick, I'm going to say I agree with you...hit them where it hurts. I disagree with the method though....if millions of people decided to not go to work for one week...do you know what that would do to the economy? Just don't go to work, that's it.

When you have a car payment, it doesn't go to the car salesman, they already got their money. It goes to the BANK. Credit cards.....BANK. It's all corporate, even utilities are corporate.

Me personally...I find it easier to not have those types of bills period. I OWN everything outright. If you can't pay cash for it then you don't need it.

Dawnstar, where do you bank at that they 'ignore a few policies'? How much higher is the interest rate on that credit? No one in the corporate world does something to be 'nice', this isn't Leave it to Beaver. They do it because somewhere along the line they are benefiting from it....and do you honestly think that writing a letter changes anything?

Again, millions would have to do this, not just a few....and no one will do that. People need their comfort zone...it's all about getting paid. The people are NOT going to sacrifice their 'security', they're just going to bend over for the government like they always have. They'll go to work, pay their bills, pay their taxes, and whine about the government....but they will NOT stand up for what is right.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
well, for every person that they "system" hurts, it tends to be avantageous to someone else...take corporate welfare. really is the pits, except of course, if you happen to be a major stockholder of the corporation that is benefiting from the handout.
thus, you're likely not to find a mass protest where everyone participates.
we don't all agree.
personally, I'd like to see communities say hack with it and start setting up barter systems and the like....but, unfortunately, one would need a little self sufficiency to be able to do this, at least for the basic needs.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is what happens when you dont pay your bills.............

Eviction notice gets put on door or house gets forclosed on

Car gets repossesed

electric gets turned off

Water gets shut off

Phone gets shut off

And the list goes on........................

This has to be the most ridiculous thread i have yet to see

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Do you honestly think everyone would give up everything to go be hunter/gatherers and go live in the woods? cause thats what it sounds like you are proposing to me

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Black

Car gets repossesed

electric gets turned off

Water gets shut off

Phone gets shut off

This is exactly what I meant by people needing their comfort zone and not being willing to sacrifice their 'security'.

So Frank Black, what are you going to do when these things happen anyway? Maybe because of civil unrest, a computer virus, martial law, or any other number of things that the government can create to make you bend further?

Or (and this is my assumption) are you just the type of person that believes nothing of the sort could ever happen?

'Terrorism' comes in all forms and it is an educated guess, because of the line of work that I am in, that the next thing really 'bad' to happen to the US will be a computer virus that shuts everything down. This would cause civil unrest...leading to martial law....and you having no rights at all.

You better get your mortgage paid off, your vehicle(s) paid off, solar panels and a well....because something is going to happen and it isn't that far off.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Do you honestly think everyone would give up everything to go be hunter/gatherers and go live in the woods? cause thats what it sounds like you are proposing to me

I don't...for one second....think everyone would do that. Thankfully. However, I do believe in survival of the fittest. I'm also a promoter of eugenics, so all of those who would not give up everything to be 'hunter/gatherers' would be S.O.L. and are deserving of whatever fate awaits them.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Actually i believe something is going to happen and i will have to hunt and gather to live. My point is that enough people wouldnt be willing to give up all of the comforts so how could this idea be effective?

If citizens were going to stop a corrupt gov't this movement would be the least likely to succeed in my opinion

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Just an idea - if the economy would weaken enough and everything would be in disarray due to everyone not paying bills, going to work and all that - wouldn't it be a prime time for invasion from say China or Russia? Or both?

Hmmm then again u need a revolution every hundred years or so to keep the government healthy don't ya?

- Naz

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It happened in the UK with the poll tax. They made it so you paid a flat tax rather than tax according to the property you lived in.

ie Someone living in a 10 bedroom mansion would pay the same as someone in a 1 bed flat.

Most people refused to pay and the government couldn't do a thing except cancel the tax. I refused to pay 2 years worth of tax and never did pay for it.

It would work for taxes if everyone did it but not for utility bills as youd just get disconnected.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Actually i believe something is going to happen and i will have to hunt and gather to live. My point is that enough people wouldnt be willing to give up all of the comforts so how could this idea be effective?

If citizens were going to stop a corrupt gov't this movement would be the least likely to succeed in my opinion

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Frank Black]

I agree....enough people are not willing to give up all of their comforts and it is NOT effective unless they are. Sad. IMO the people will not ever give up those comforts, no matter what idea anyone comes up with. So we are left with the hunter/gatherer scenario and all of us who are intelligent enough to foresee it.

I am sorry for misunderstanding your original post.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Why would I not pay my bills? I guess I don't understand why I would decide not to pay them. I don't feel that I am being ripped off in any of my bills.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Car gets repossesed

electric gets turned off

Water gets shut off

Phone gets shut off

Where I live it would be very easy to find a nice spot in the middle of nowhere and build a house with plumbing and supply my own power. They sell solar panels and all kinds of easy ways to generate electricity and building a water filtration system isnt to difficult either if you properly research how to. Grow my own organic's and hunt my own meat or have a small animal farm to suit my needs. I would have to sacrifice things like cable tv and internet but I would still have many luxurys and live comfortable.

I prefer to live in normal society where I hope decency and good intentions make the agenda but it just doesnt seem that way. My idea might not be the best but I think its something to think about and discuss how all our money and work seems to be wasted on death and destruction while 60% or more of the Earth lives in poverty but the 90% of the wealth is controlled by less than 10% of us!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join