It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Read This.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I hope it is not too much to ask, but if you can not spell, please use spellchecker. Its not that hard to do. As long as I get what your saying is fine. But some of the stuff I see is just bad. So please for yourself and others sake, spell-check. There’s no excuse for typos either.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To be fair, this site is global and for many members...English is a second language.

Oh...and typos hapen.

See?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Check this out.

This is weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at

Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a

wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Haha I read that completely and wondered what the hell you was going on about until i read it again and realised the words were all mis-spelt

I thought you had just a few typos in there at first

The bloody mind is a wonderful thing

Excellent

[edit on 22-2-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Really... 55 out of 100? I was under the impression that everyone was capable of reading it. Maybe those 55 are ones who read a lot. I know that I do.

As for the entire topic, I'm a spelling Nazi...sorry. It just really irritates me. I can understand that for some English is not their first language, so I can excuse grammatical errors and such, but little red lines do pop up when something is incorrect, it's really not hard to right click on it and correct it.

I had to edit to say that my 9 year old daughter read it just fine.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by sky1]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
I hope it is not too much to ask, but if you can not spell, please use spellchecker. Its not that hard to do. As long as I get what your saying is fine. But some of the stuff I see is just bad. So please for yourself and others sake, spell-check. There’s no excuse for typos either.

Can you please edit your original post.

There should be an apostrophe in the contraction you used.
It should read "It's not that hard to do."

Also, "As long as I get what you're saying it is fine."

Thanks.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer

Can you please edit your original post.

There should be an apostrophe in the contraction you used.
It should read "It's not that hard to do."

Also, "As long as I get what you're saying it is fine."

Thanks.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sky1
Maybe those 55 are ones who read a lot. I know that I do.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by sky1]

Nah, those 55 are geniuses.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If you let your eyes skip over it,it makes sense,faster.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
your you're there their they're if you can tell the difference between all of these consider yourself enlightened

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Speaking of which, ATS should include a spell checker, I have to search the dictonary or to activate another program to help me with words while I type replies, Is there a better way?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i think this is a bit harsh some people have trouble spelling and they are actually very clever people.
take dislexia for one so you should'nt pick on people like this.
also some times when people arent concentrating or are tied they can make mistakes without realising.

when you are perfect then you can pass judgement

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Although I'm not much of a spelling Nazi I do highly recommend the latest version of Firefox. It comes with a built in spell checker, it's my new best friend.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Yea, i just started ignoring people with excessive typo's. Im not even American
or English myself (from Holland) and i seem to have more sense for writing it
than dozens of members here do (or anywhere else for that matter lol).

I dont mind too much if people skip the ' on words like "dont (don't)" etc, that
dont bother me at all. But when people constantly type bull# with typo's it
severely annoys me like hell. I know this is just a forum and not everyone
is expected to write without any typo's but some people just well wtf lol, its
almost they do it on purpose, because "annoying" posts stick to ones memory
better sometimes....

Like the guy in other thread constantly typing "the" instead of "then" and
"pentigon" instead of "pentagon" and things like that, just annoying.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ah, the challenge of correct spelling... Now even if you use a spell checker would color be acceptable spelling for some whilst others think that colour is actually the correct spelling. And if you talk about a holiday would some know that it's a vacation you're talking about. And a spell checker doesn't do much good when you boar someone, when you mean to bore someone?

Personally I can overlook spelling mistakes... As long as it's not 13375p33|

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
nah, i hate it when peopel just post in comeplete disregard to othre members. I rind it anoying, offensive and generally completely degradign. It distracst me from the topic at hadn like ntohing else can, and i fidn msyelf begeninign to dispesise that mebmer. I jsut dneot understadn hwo pepole coulpd evin thkin baout psotgn wohiut rugninn nevn q baisk wdro chekr adn it inferuries em go dokisrevor owh ti cldou tujs bfdin ot fkuckin hrard witrhdf sjdqwj nhasddfj!!

Asdagtr!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Most posters dont have the time or inclination to pander to your "Monkey Shines".
If you want to post with purfect speling and grammar.

Then be quietly content with your superiority and keep it to yourself.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ha Ha Ha!!!

Cheerleading squad here.

This one really made me smile.

I imagine it took alot of time to miss spell those words in such a clever manner. Funny how it was natural to read the text so easily.
Like trying to count all the f's in that one little test.
The mind is on auto pilot more than we know.

new topics

top topics

join