It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

::How Do You Tell People Who Want Money To Go Away!::

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Open thread!!!!!

Ideas / loopholes / backdoors would be seriously welcome, nasty people keep sending me letters.

I wish to open the gates to financial freedom (sticking your head in the sand dose'nt work!)

Trust me.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

HOW DO YOU TELL PEOPLE WHO WANT MONEY TO GO AWAY!

Go away now before I pop a cap in your a$$ !! (that works for me...why not you too??)

Serious...tell them either to go away or meet their ancestors...the choice is theirs to make.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
are these bill collectors or charities because there is a big difference in how you handle them.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If they want money from you because you owe them money there really isnt anything you can do. Besides it being your fault for collecting debt its also your responsability to honor the debt. Unless you dont care about the value of your word. Then you can just welch on it and run out.

If you want financial freedom youll have to sacrifice alot of modern conveniences. Run out into the woods with a knife or hatchet and fell some trees for a small cabin and trap animals for meat and fur, harvest the edible plants and if you plan on staying for a while clear a little land for your own cultivation.

For true financial freedom you cannot participate in the economy beyond cash exchanges. You can get $100-$150 for a nice coyote pelt. Raccoon will get you a few bucks. You can stick together deer hide with some strips of rabbit or squirrel and try to sell buckskin leathers.

But all of this is generally very illegal. Poaching.

You can get permits to do it legit but youd have to do it before you bail out of society.

Then theres the problem of tresspassing on private or government lands.

You cant really live without money 100% legal. If you can I havent figured it out yet.

Oh wait! Stop working, have 5 kids and go on welfare. That should do it.

Oh but if hes just a bum asking for change, ask him for change. Get loud ans ask him why he wont help you out. I do that for every new bum that wanders into New Haven and they only ask me for change that first time. After you shout them down you they look away when you walk by. I gave one a piece of my mind when I saw him ask a woman for money. Sorry if that makes me sexist but a grown man asking a woman for a handout really bothers me.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Usually I show them the dust in the bottom of my empty wallet, without speaking one word.

It usually does the trick.

On a more serious note, are these bill collectors trying to collect a valid debt?

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, I usually just tell them that I don't have any change on me, since I usually only cary my creditcard around. They don't believe it, but at least I know the truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sod off works for me.

are these bill collectors or charities because there is a big difference in how you handle them.

Not really. I find that my method works so well that they never call me back or darken my door again. I choose what charities I patronize.

Signed,
Selfish Bstrd

[edit on 2/22/2007 by RRex13]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

On a more serious note, are these bill collectors trying to collect a valid debt?

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Mechanic 32]

Well, the main one I have to take legal advice on, so this is not the forum for that.

If you want something to laugh at - I still gotta pay half of a fine cos I peed in a lane and a copper saw me! (who here can't say we've all done it?)

Also, I’ve never been good with money (the excuse it's a concept I don't like doesn’t wash!) I've never stolen money from anyone, or done any one wrong in any sort of transaction. This may of been to my determent, unfortunately it seems you have to have teeth - which in my view is sad for the world.

Always got that feeling of being ripped off, used? Welcome to the club - its not precisely exclusive.

On the up side gonna get those bank charges back if it causes personal injury to the bank manager, err kills me - yhea that’s it

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If you're having money problems, or can't manage money, I recommend you visit this thread. It's a compilation of monetary advice that will help get you out of the pit. And before you ask, no I'm not selling anything, and I'm not asking you to sell anything. It's just good, solid advice.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
ha ha I just ask them out on a date, or what they are wearing anything along those lines an it starts to freak them, and in turn I turn up the heat and ask them about sex. Most hang up on me and never call back.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
...in turn I turn up the heat and ask them about sex. Most hang up on me and never call back.

I couldn't help but notice you said "most".

Do some just play along? You'd be amazed what some telemarketers will do to get a sale.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Is to not answer the phone unless i know the number..Then Still sometimes i don't answer the phone.

top topics

join