It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting runway in the desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am sorry if this has been discussed before, so please feel free to lock or delete this thread if it has been.

I was playing with Google Earth today, checking some typical areas of interest, when, while looking at Area 51, I saw this strange looking runway. Now I know that there are a lot of structures out in the Nevada desert that are just simple military posts, but this one struck me as interesting. It looks very much like a dirt runway, but it has strange radial designs beside the main strip. Does anyone know if there is anything to this, or if it is just some mundane structure?

Now, I would think that Google would be forced to supress anything that public shouldn't see, but I am still curious about this runway.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I had the exact same thoughts when I first saw this area, yet what youre looking at is a practice bombing range. You can see craters in the area and if you zoom close enough you can even see pretend planes on the runway.

I believe the "radial" designs you are looking at are imitation Soviet SAM sites.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That makes sense, as I said, I didn't think it was prove of any sort of government cover up, but it is still a pretty interesting design. I saw all the craters and bombing ranges to the south, so I thought that it may have something to do with that. I still thought it was an interesting image though, thank you for your response.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's a hint: Nellis Air Force Range

new topics

top topics

join