It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Man Builds UFO - will it fly?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I hope that he decides to take his first "flight" right after holding a live press conference with all the cameras rolling. You gotta admire people who see a big project through to completion. Most folks who made New Years resolutions just 3 months ago have already thrown in the towel!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Someone remember to make a topic with a video link when he has his flight day. Should be interesting to see a disk in the air anyhow. I know how that gets us all giddy around here

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Awesome post about Alfie.. yea, I agree with most it's going to be a trick to get this thing airborne but I sincerely will be rooting for him when the day comes. Great guy, possibly nuts, but a great guy.

Just for kicks has anyone seen this old IFO video?:

[edit on 22-2-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Darn Youtube downtime maintenance!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jemblem62
david sereda is going to build his own saucer actually and that is the one i want to see cause he has actually been basing it on some of his own ufo research.

Cool…
Perhaps based on Dave's research I can help him find a short-cut, save him a lot of time, space, and money…
Aircraft Shopper Online

As too Alfie Harrington, good luck to him.
At least he is going with an original design…

[edit on 2/22/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
The thread title in itself is what is called an oxymoron.

If a man builds it, it is not a UFO. It may be a spaceship if it can sustain flight, but not a UFO. Read - "Unidentified Flying Object"

Semantics aside, props to this man, if it works.

I thought the exact same thing when i first saw this thread

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This guy is just smart enough to be dangerous....

and I support him 100%!

I just hope he isn't inside the thing when he cranks those rotors up to speed.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I love guys like this. Even if the saucer never leaves the ground it still makes me want to buy him a beer and talk to him.

If it takes 10,000 people (like him) to produce one genius with a workable invention, then it's all worth it.

My hat's off to the man.

Nice saucer!

[edit on 21/2/07 by masqua]

I second that motion. He certainly gets an A for effort and determination.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
all this talk ogf going into space with it. Have I missed something. I didnt read ware he said he wanted to go into space. He said he wanted to replace the car.

Ime all for it. I hope he makes it work. Its this type of man wh has helped to restore a little faith in my fellow man.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
well.... I don't know what happened last night with YouTube but for posterity's sake here's that funny IFO video for anyone interested:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
double post.. apology

[edit on 22-2-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Would bet the old guy never has heard, or cares about the amazin keyboard wizards at ATM. Or the youngsters dreamin of the 60 g's they would have used on a fine ride...imagine those wheels...
Its the spirit of that man, his heart that makes us special. 6 inches or 26 inches off the ground, IFO or UFO, hard earned 60 g's vs. governments 600 billion on the project, you gotta be kidding.
Man that dude has already reached the stars.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks, Kronos - seen that clip years ago but not for a while: I remember thinking at the time that it looks just like Dick Tracy's old runabout.

Anyway - with only 68 kilos of fuel it isn't going to go very far - and certainly not very fast. As cool as this vehicle is - I think there is a long way to go before either this contraption or the Michigan man's will evolve to acquire escape velocity. It's going to take a paradigm shift in propulsion: away from any internal combustion engine and to one of the many zero point/anti-gravity type ideas floating around out there.

p.s. The "UFO" in the title is used only in context of popular nomenclature and as the inventor himself refers to it - wasn't meant as a literal interpretation of the device.

Thanks for posting - all interesting. Keep looking up!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join