It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Man Builds UFO - will it fly?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattsev15
if this man succeeds in this aircraft being able to fly faster than the speed of light and able to muenever like an extreterrestrial aircraft can,than the U.S. government can definately do the same if they already have wich i believe they have

Where was it said that his intention was to obtain speeds faster than the speed of light? Or that he intended it to maneuver as reported UFOs do?

I think it would be best for people to actually read the articles that are given with the post.

Anyway: I would love to see this man get off the ground, if only for a few seconds. His accomplishing that would hopefully enable him to get his hands on some funding which he could use to make another and better craft.

More power to the guy regardless of flight.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I salute this man and his ability to follow his dream. WAY TO GO!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I always felt that, for several reasons, a huge discovery/invention, such as a personal flight vehicle, anti-grav, etc. will probably end up being made a reality through very "simple" means.

It's just my opinion, but I think "low-tech" will be the answer. Somehow. I don't know how, but I think the hallmark of a truly revolutionary creation or concept WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE something that will fail to operate if a screw is missing, or a couple digits were missing in a formula.

It's going to be something more "forgiving".

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of was that movie The Astronaut Farmer.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BennyHill
I wish him all the luck in the world. Drew and Mike (the radio hosts) were razzing him because he spent all this money on his saucer and a local newscast showed his car; a beat up 86' Mercury Cougar.

Least he's got a car, most of a saucer and a bit of milk - unlike some

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Great Idea and I hope he actually flies the saucer.
I hope someone will be there to capture it lifting off the ground with a videocamera, it will not ever be a UFO because it is identifiable as man made but still it will be a flying saucer.
It would be cool to chat with the inventor and a beer is well earned by this man I would buy him at least one round.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
it doesnt say that anywhere. what i am saying is that this aircraft that he is building must be able to fly all the way into space and be able to fly faster then the speed of light,and not make a sound or else it would just be classified as just another man made aircraft and it would not resemble or hold the same capabilities that an extreterrestrial aircraft can.do you understand?
i think mega slayer understands what im saying

[edit on 21-2-2007 by mattsev15]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
just watching a video of him now, how wide is the craft? and how wide is the garage door?

doesnt look like its going to fit out the door!

maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me but the perspective makes me think the craft is about 5ft wider than the garage door.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

it doesnt say that anywhere. what i am saying is that this aircraft that he is building must be able to fly all the way into space and be able to fly faster then the speed of light,and not make a sound or else it would just be classified as just another man made aircraft and it would not resemble or hold the same capabilities that an extreterrestrial aircraft can.do you understand?

The guy is building something that resembles the classic saucer UFO shape. He doesn't say he's intending to build an extreterrestrial vehicle intended for interplanetary travel. Anything in the sky that cannot be identified is a UFO.

How do you know the government hasn't built a saucer shaped craft and flown it around?

You only know this is man made because its in the news. Get what Im sayin? If you didn't read about him building it, then saw it flying over your house, would you look up and say Oh that thing is man made, it can't be a UFO? Give him some credit dude, hes actually tryin to make a disc fly, not just sittin behind hes computer sayin it can't be done. Progress is made in little steps, not one giant leap

Propz to this guy for givin it his all and makin his dream a reality. Hell, hes only gotta beat 10-20 feet and already he's done better than the AvroCar

We are watching a pioneer, believe it or not

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
The thread title in itself is what is called an oxymoron.

If a man builds it, it is not a UFO. It may be a spaceship if it can sustain flight, but not a UFO. Read - "Unidentified Flying Object"

Semantics aside, props to this man, if it works.

I guess it would be considered a IFO, or identified flying object. I'm interested in what he's using for a propulsion system. If it was a new break-through propulsion system, I don't think it would ever see the light of day.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
lol its pretty obvious that it cannot have the same performance as an extreterestrial aircraft because it is humanly impossible for a person to create such an aircraft like that because humans arent that smart and advanced.and yes the government has not created an aircraft like that because its impossible. do you understand what i am saying buddy ?
I gurantee that this aircraft foes not get 5 feet off the ground.anyone want to make a bet ?

[edit on 21-2-2007 by mattsev15]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't suspect there is anything "revolutionary" about his levitation system. For one, it will be loud. He is using a rotary engine (as found in a Mazda RX 8, although I would suspect he got one out of an older RX7) to power two counter rotating fans. Rotary engines are compact, and capable of higher rpm than a traditional cylinder/valve train type engine (Honda is an exception). They will counter rotate by magnetic force. In other words, opposite charges. Perhaps he figures he can gain rpm more efficiently that way. They will be pushing a crapload of air to levitate the machine. NASA figures with the RPM the fan will need to turn, they will disinegrate.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ya I mean he must have put hard work into this and good effort and patience but i just dont think we will see this aircraft perform as we all think it might

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
To further elaborate - The rotary engine will probably run through an electrical motor to create a charge. The opposing fans should have some sort of metallic core or band, that are wired in such a way to carry opposite charges. Imagine two manets, with their positive poles facing each other. They push apart rather than together. The fans will spin, pushing air. The thing is a big, high RPM fan. I wouldn't be standing around it. Ever seen a jet engine come apart? It isn't pretty.

Not to take anything away from the guy. I have never seen a propulsion system like he has put together. The problem will be vectoring the thrust so he can manuver. Combined with the fan RPM problem, it is going to be an expensive proposition if it works.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Redfish]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

its pretty obvious that it cannot have the same performance as an extreterestrial aircraft because it is humanly impossible for a person to create such an aircraft like that because humans arent that smart and advanced.and yes the government has not created an aircraft like that because its impossible. do you understand what i am saying buddy ?

No I don't understand what your saying, "buddy".

Impossible is nothing. Its only impossible until its been done.

Where did you read that this guy wants to build a super advanced craft like you describe? He just wants to duplicate the look and make it fly.

You must have some pretty low expectations of humans to say we aren't smart enough to build somthing like what you describe. Give us time and there is nothing we can't achieve.

And I disagree with what you say about the government not building one yet. Have you heard of the AvroCar. In the 50's it flew. It could go upwards of 100ft except in doing so it was extremely unstable. I would hope that in 50 years and a bottomless budget that we were able to tweak it to work. Then again, I put alot of faith in the human mind, You've shown us where you stand on that one.

This guy seems to be working of the principles of the AvroCar. It used fans as well. Godspeed to this guy if he gets airborne.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
How can this man build a ufo if it is clearly identified?

Oh, the stupidity......

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This guy Boyd Bushman seems a lot more promising. I personally think propulsion systems like this have already been developed, yet not perfected by any means.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Boyd Bushman seems to be expanding on the Hutchison Effect. If I remeber right, John Hutchison was basically shut down by both the Canadian and American Military after they both expressed interest in his research (maybe they took his ideas in the 80's and gave them to a contractor?). He doesn't have near enough room or the resourses now to continue but the footage and pictures of what he did are amazing. I especially like the knife that is inside the block of metal.

Problem is if Lockheed perfects it (which I believe it has done, maybe even some years ago) it will not become public knowledge. They are a government contractor and will definately use it for military purposes and not allow the public sector to even touch it.

But it makes me think about that metal they are showing now that can bend easily, is transparent and can withstand high temps. What if they are now slowly leaking the technology they found (and perfected) from roswell and other crash sites. It makes sense with all the crazy tech thats coming out nowadays.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Honestly the odds are the this 'craft' will fly, or at least get off the ground to some degree. The problem is that it will almost certainly never do anything any normal terrestial craft has not already accomplished ten fold.

Even back in WW1 they experimented with craft similar to this one, only to scrap them later because they were not economically feasible and/or other emerging aircraft were superior.

In my opinion, a circular craft of some kind will never take hold until we can put some sort of unlimited energy device on board the craft that can excite the entire craft to an energy level that will take the craft to another dimension or plain where the speed of light is faster.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattsev15
its pretty obvious that it cannot have the same performance as an extreterestrial aircraft

Since there does not seem to be any certain proof of extraterrestrial craft (assume you mean flown and built by non humans), if his flys at all, he wins.

I can see the headline - ET arrives to save face in saucer faceoff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join