It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP donor hit with terror charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I find this article interesting, sepcialy when the man has done the donations under aliases.

This bring the issue of how the so call industrialist and philanthropist that are all over working for companies to futher agendas may be indeed also working for terrorist groups.

WASHINGTON - A New York man accused of trying to help terrorists in Afghanistan has donated some $15,000 to the House Republicans' campaign committee over three years. news.yahoo.com...

I wonder how many people like this man has been embeded, working or having deals with our own political elected members in the government. . .

I guess is all about money. . .

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
people and corporations make donations to parties with the hopes that the money donated will get them good relationships with the govt so it could very well be nothing more than donations made in that manner.

in the election year following 9/11 there was a big deal made about donations to parties and politicians from individuals and organizations that might have been linked to terrorist groups and when the news of these donations received hit the papers the monies were almost always returned.

If charlie manson writes a check for $100,000 and sends it to the elect jeb bush fund it will be received by a worker, possibly a volunteer, who will make a notation as to where it came from and how much and then it will be deposited. This person is not reading each check and deciding what to accept and what to return. Even if there is someone overseeing the receipts before depositing them, they are reviewing the list and if there is anything they are looking for it is organizations with ties to terror organizations, not individual names. How is anyone going to know if the donor is the same or different from someone on a watch list? Imagine rejecting funds because the name sounded bad and wasn't. talk about bad press and backlash from an entire community

join