It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There is more to this city.
By day there are tourist wondering the street of downtown, ogling the sights and enjoying the night life of the bars and clubs. They don’t stay long or late enough to see what the people who have lived here for decades see.
There are crimes, of course, murders and horrible human acts committed—but underneath the living—there’s the paranormal.
Paranormal. This city is festering with paranormal activity. There is Mexican folklore, mixed with German cultures, and Indian ghosts. When you mention the paranormal—there are the religious and the skeptics—trying to sort the unexplained.
Too many people are scared to talk. Too many people do not want to cross that time frame when there is no light to guide the living.
Starting now—there will be an answer. Those that live in San Antonio know of a few stories here and there from childhood—and now there will be some truth. There will be some answers.
Places visited will be posted and given a detailed wrap of what happened across this city. If you would like to help--reply.

Here are just a few places to name:
Haunted Railroad Tracks
The shutdown flu hospital
Southwest Lunatic Asylum
Donkey Lady Mansion
Midget Mansion
Chupacabra Forest
The Alamo
The Menger Hotel

I understand some of these places are completely folklore but I want to rest my curiosity along with many I know wondering,"What is really out there?". Hopefully it will interesting and insightful as time progresses.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Good list, I am originally from Austin so I am familiar with some of those. Haunted Tracks is definitely something unexplainable. If you had not heard this step, baby powder on the back bumper with the car in neutral. People talk about how you will see children's hand prints, that's bunk in my opinion. But my friends and I all agreed that something had disturbed the baby powder and we felt as if the car was moving. Nothing scientific, we didn't mark a line where our tire was first stationary though. I suggest starting with that one, although if I remember correctly it's a ways outside of San Antonio.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Good list, I am originally from Austin so I am familiar with some of those. Haunted Tracks is definitely something unexplainable. If you had not heard this step, baby powder on the back bumper with the car in neutral. People talk about how you will see children's hand prints, that's bunk in my opinion. But my friends and I all agreed that something had disturbed the baby powder and we felt as if the car was moving. Nothing scientific, we didn't mark a line where our tire was first stationary though. I suggest starting with that one, although if I remember correctly it's a ways outside of San Antonio.

For those unaware, the story surrounding the haunted railroad tracks stems from a major accident that happened many years ago. A bus full of school children were killed by a passing train.

It is true that you can stop your car on one side of the tracks and put it in neutral the car will roll right over the tracks. Because of the lay of the land it looks like you're rolling uphill, but you're really not.

I guess you can say it's an optical illusion, but I wouldn't quite go that far.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I lived in Texas for two years. One year in San Antonio. I heard about the haunted railroad tracks while I lived there.

The one thing that surprised me about San Antonio .. the Alamo. I was shocked that it was downtown and surrounded by modern day life. I guess I expected to see something like in the old movies. HA! It was fun going through, and the riverwalk is right near it. (LOVE the riverwalk!)

I liked going to the old Missions as well. I bet they are full of spooks! I didn't have my ghost hunting equipment back then. I bet you could get some good EVPs at the missions.

top topics

join