It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NAU

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
basicaly your stating outrageous claims concerning a period in history you admitadly say you dont really know much about, and you want ME to learn about history?, what the # mate, get a grip.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yes it has. You goverment employs cruel and arbitrary exercise of power or control, that is a tyranny. Right and even then, say you personaly believe your goverment isnt a tyranny, thats fine, thats up to you how does the right to bear arms stop your goverment from from slipping in to a tyranny exactly? you think people would actually rise up against your goverment?, lol.

Like to site some examples or is that just your opinion?

We still vote,congress still passes laws,and we still have oversight on the executive branch. Your cruel and arbitrary use of power would be in the eye of the beholder. As we are in the midst of a very unpopular "war" I am very sure that there are some in the world that believe we have a tyranny, but then so would every other country that committed troops at the outset of the conflict.
So aside from the mess in Iraq would you site 1, just 1, example of how the U.S. is a tyranny.

[edit on 9/3/2007 by shooterbrody]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starvald
tyranny as stated by the Oxford English dictionary and the Collins English dictionary

www.askoxford.com...
www.collins.co.uk...

Tyranny isn't abuse, like flogging someone, it is "abuse" of power. A power over the people in a "ruling" manner.

Originally posted by wildcat
I said most territory to GB which includes Canada, not all

As you can plainly see, the french didn't occupy as much as you might have thought they did. I do believe that the Spanish, Mexican, and British had just as much at stake, if not more. Nice try on the "the french owned most of the American continent" spout.

[edit on 3/9/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

basicaly your stating outrageous claims concerning a period in history you admitadly say you dont really know much about, and you want ME to learn about history?, what the # mate, get a grip.

No, I told Infoholic to. I couldn't of qouted Infoholic, because Mirthful Me would of given me an excessive qoute.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

you admitadly say you dont really know much about,

Where did I say that?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

basicaly your stating outrageous claims concerning a period in history you admitadly say you dont really know much about, and you want ME to learn about history?, what the **** mate, get a grip.

No, I told Infoholic to

Where exactly did I point out that I didn't understand or know about history?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
talking about Wildcat and his forgetful memory concerning history ffs, not you.

And yes, i beleive the american goverment abuses its powers in a tyrannical fashion.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

And yes, i beleive the american goverment abuses its powers in a tyrannical fashion.

I do believe we are still waiting with great anticipation of any 1 singular example of the U.S. government being tyrannical.

As well, I believe I was asking wildcat where I said/portrayed/whatever that I didn't understand or know history.

[edit on 3/9/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

talking about Wildcat and his forgetful memory concerning history ffs, not you.

Hey, that was a long time ago. Of course someone is going to forget certain things learned in High School. I know this guy who's in the Army who forgot everything he learned in math in High School the summer after he graduated.

This thread might as well be closed if no one is willing to quit fighting with each other and go back on topic.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yeah but the point is its not really the best form to demand people go off and learn about history as though you can take some sort of superiority in the subject when you cant even back up what your saying or just happen to be blatantly wrong.

"I do believe we are still waiting with great anticipation of any 1 singular example of the U.S. government being tyrannical"

You actually need a documented example?

Ok, so you do want me to list the countless thousands of acts of political espionage, terrorism, assassinations, coups, bombings and invasions by the U.S goverment on a global scale, or do you want me to cite paticular instances that involve some form of domestic tyranny against U.S citizens?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Ok, so you do want me to list the countless thousands of acts of political espionage, terrorism, assassinations, coups, bombings and invasions by the U.S goverment on a global scale, or do you want me to cite paticular instances that involve some form of domestic tyranny against U.S citizens?

Nevermind your anti-U.S. tirade speaks for you.

I have no doubt those outside the U.S. want a north american union to happen. Nothing would make those people happier than to see the U.S. dragged down to Mexicos level.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In response to getting the thread back on track... quoting from page one of which was originally directed to FreeSpeaker, but can and will go to anyone else:

Originally posted by Infoholic

Again, I will ask of you...

...I would like to ask that you post your reasonings as to why the NAU would be a good thing.... at all.

Trying to get back on topic...

Info.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
good job Infoholic

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"Nevermind your anti-U.S. tirade speaks for you"

Sorry if you dont enjoy factual information, however ignorant bliss doesnt appeal to me, i know it may for some but i in paticular enjoy understand what goes on in the world. The ridiculousness of your marks sort of show you to be the blind patriot that you are, and i half suspect the only reason you post here is to try your best and shoot holes in peoples theorys that conflict with your irrational patriotism. Its a bit like this.

"The Roman Empire founded one of the greatest empires in the history of the world, much like the british empire they brough high levels of sophistication and modernisation to the countrys they assimilated. However much the same as any empire this was acheived through a brutal regime of military warfare, economic and political sabatouge"

"Yes, thats about right, thats kinda how empire are formd, this has been the case for any large nations or power base/empire in the history of mankind and nothing has changed"

"America has founded one of the greatest empires in the history of the world, much like the british empire before them they bring high levels of sophistication and modernisation to the countrys they assimilated. However much the same as any empire this is acheived through a brutal regime of military warfare, economic and political sabatouge"

"SCREW YOU YOU COMMI PINKO ISLAMO FACIST ASSHOLE USA USA USA, USA DONT DO THAT WE HAVE FREEDOM USA USA USA"

Thats kind of what your attitude indicates, but sorry to burst your bubble, America like any other empire in history acheives its goals through the same methods, and that is through warfare. Sorry if this contradicts what Fox news and the White House press releases have been telling you, but it is true.

AND btw, i never at once mentiond anything of the sort that i was "anti-USA", that was something you presumed because you became immediatly deffensive when anything that approached a potential criticism of your goverments actions was brought up.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Are you talking to me? If you are, when did I ever put down people's theories? And what you just said is the stuff that keeps fights going.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starvald you may want to read that incase you did not before.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
no not to you wildcat was talking to that mad blinkered patriot who for some reason discounts over 200 years of factual historical information as it conflicts with his irrational views on nationalism. Im pretty sure the Inner Party are proud of the hatchet job theyve done on you "infoholic"[thats a laugh]

What why?, why read that?

if you are saying "oh actually you cant dissagree wioth someone, point out that they are wrong for reasons of sheer ignorance and stupidity then you are violating the rules of a forum that is apparently dedicated to finding the truth and exposing ignorance.

HMMMMMMMMM, BIT CONFLICTING IS IT NOT?

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Starvald]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

no not to you wildcat was talking to that mad blinkered patriot who for some reason discounts over 200 years of factual historical information as it conflicts with his irrational views on nationalism. Im pretty sure the Inner Party are proud of the hatchet job theyve done on you "infoholic"[thats a laugh]

As I've repeatedly asked, please point out where I've discounted/not understood/not known my history. Every point that you have attempted to make, has been proven to be incorrect. And if there's been something that I've happen to forgot, then please point that out as so I can address it.

What why?, why read that?

if you are saying "oh actually you cant dissagree wioth someone, point out that they are wrong for reasons of sheer ignorance and stupidity then you are violating the rules of a forum that is apparently dedicated to finding the truth and exposing ignorance.

HMMMMMMMMM, BIT CONFLICTING IS IT NOT?

Actually, that's just the 3 Amigos' way of upholding the high standards held here at ATS.

One more time, for the good of the thread...

Again, I will ask of you...

...I would like to ask that you post your reasonings as to why the NAU would be a good thing.... at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I take it that no one has anything good to say about the North American Union being formed, or at least be able to prove (with definitive linked proof) as to why it would be a good thing?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Infoholic... seeing as I'm not proficient at using search engines to do research, I would like to know of (links) or see proof that the NAU would be bad. I know the government is not 100% truthful with the populous and that the myth vs fact sheet could be a bunch of BS, but how do we know for sure? They say we won't have a common currency. What situation do you believe will arise that will bring about calls for one? I love my country (US) and would never give up my rights. However, in my mind I cannot help but think that it would be selfish of me to deny the NAU (if indeed it comes packaged as they say it would be). If it helps, what?, 30+ million Canadians and 150+ million Mexicans achieve a better life, then why not? We should be helping them, and any other country, to achieve a level of success that the US has enjoyed for so long. We're all human when it comes down to it. Also, I can't seem to "read between the lines". I don't know exactly what it is you're expecting us to find. I, for one, would like you to pick the myth vs fact sheet apart (if you have the time). I'm new to all this, so please bear with me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join