It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What we gained in Iraq - or waht we gave to people in Iraq!

I fail to see that the war had no purpos? Even if our government did not go in to liberate people, which they didn't, they went in for economic reasons, alot of good has still come out of the mess that was created by the lies that got us there.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I fail to see that the war had no purpos? Even if our government did not go in to liberate people, which they didn't, they went in for economic reasons, alot of good has still come out of the mess that was created by the lies that got us there.

But the question is are the Iraqi's really free? What we have really given them, along with the right to vote and a less dictatorial government is a scarcity of jobs, patchy electrical and running water service, suicide bombings on the daily, over 200,000 civillians killed, a government who has no control of anything, and a civil war that is killing thousands more every month.

I dont believe the Iraqi's really feel "free", I know I wouldnt feel free if I was afraid to leave my house

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The only way to avoid Iraq Islamic state is to partition the country along tribal lines. Iraq can not exist as a state because it was never one to begin with.
Northern Iraq has been stable since Saddam was removed and the Kurds deserve a chance to continue there progress.

There may be a series a Pakistan - India style wars after Iraq is partitioned but it is the better then the alternative.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve22

Originally posted by Rockpuck

But the question is are the Iraqi's really free? What we have really given them, along with the right to vote and a less dictatorial government is a scarcity of jobs, patchy electrical and running water service, suicide bombings on the daily, over 200,000 civillians killed, a government who has no control of anything, and a civil war that is killing thousands more every month.

I dont believe the Iraqi's really feel "free", I know I wouldnt feel free if I was afraid to leave my house

Read the link friend, and you will see that we gave them the will to make their own destiny, and thats all we can do. Unless you want to destroy the entire nations and rebuild it as you see fit.. they have to do it them selves..

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Simply focusing on the problem and actually having a goal.

We need to stabalize the area and bring civil and insurgent fighting to a managable level so that the government of Iraq can take over.

That should be the goal.

To achieve this goal we need to use all necessary means. It is a war, right? Or, did we ever declare war?

#1 Close the borders using U.S. and allied troops (any country trying
supply or hinder our progress should be swiftly corrected).

#2 Set up detainment (Massive)camps manned by Iraqi military.
(locate these away from cities)

#3 Using Iraqi police, round up every man of fighting age that for any
reason, ANY REASON is suspicious. ( Deport all non-Iraqis)

#4 When the level of fighting reaches a level that the Iraq government
should (by our estimates ) be able to handle. We Leave.

At this point Iraq will be stabalized, but most likely still fighting. Thats not our problem. They can always ask the U.N. for help and see if Russia or China would like to send help.

This plan should take 3-6 months from start to finish. And unless the U.S. has another agenda, this should satisfy everyone as being an acceptable victory. Now About Iran

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The only way to avoid Iraq Islamic state is to partition the country along tribal lines. Iraq can not exist as a state because it was never one to begin with.

Well, you obviously don't know Iraq as a lot of people here, and myself not long ago, but you know, as time past, we learn.

Over 30% of the unions in Iraq are from both sects, sunnis and shia, even if there's a civil war between extremists, that doesn't mean that sunni and shia in majority hate eachothers. You won't kill your wife suddendly because there's some extremists who try to start a civil war based on religion.

More and more iraqis are uniting under one banner, the Iraq banner against the occupying force. Al-Sadr was liked by both sunnis and shias before the war and even at the beginning, but after the Golden Mosque, some people tried to blame it on him, thing that he denied, and indeed, that was very suspicious, and more likely done by the occupying force to achieve their plan of Iraq division trought civil war, so aiming at divising Iraq along tribals lines, just as was planned before the war.

Yes, Saddam was a sunni and killed many shias, but the sunnis and shias loved eachothers anyway, Saddam was just a racist in power. Of course when the ``election`` came, the sunnis and shias were making ``war`` due to equal representation, 60% of the country is shia... so 60% of the government should be composed of shias.

Anyway, do your research on the subject, i'm tired, it's been over 40 hours since I slept.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Vitchilo given the choice between an Islamic state and the partitioning of Iraq which would you choose ?
What do mean if there is a civil war in Iraq ?
There is a civil happening in Iraq right now.
If the partitioning of Iraq had been planned before the war it would have taken place four years ago and the coalition wouldn't be dealing with the disaster that is Iraq.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I suspect CIA for the current state of Iraq. If they keep killing each other after US gets out of Iraq, then the solution is to move people according to their religion and put fences between them, and only 1 or 2 border crossings with super security. That means Iraq is divided into 2 ore more countries

top topics

<< 1   >>

join