It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Truth! is it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
YOU are being asked to find the truth!

Who is asking?

They make it your duty as true Americans!

They have all the information YOU need to find the "TRUTH!"

Watch this 3 minute Video FIRST, then seek answers.

www.youtube.com...

The 9/11 Truth Movement is historic.. Not because of the validity of their claims... But because it is the first real attempt at Information Age brainwashing.

By performing precisely what they accuse the government and media of doing (mind control) they form the first line of defense...within your mind.

Tenents of Mind control, and how they apply to the "9/11 Truth Movement"

In the information age this kind of takes care of itself, If you are sitting in front of your computer doing "research" watching new "Quick Doc's" for information on 9/11, or just reading, you have been isolated. Furthermore 9/11 Truth is an isolation of beliefs. It brings you in with a thought provoking peice of FREE media, then begins to work on ONLY those receptive to the ideas in that media (media being, for example, the Loose Change movie, or the Prision Planet website)

Once you are in or "in the know" as the 9/11 Truth Movement wants you to feel. They begin promotiong *Polarization* calling non-believers "Sheeple" and too stupid to see the Truth, even "Brain washed".." For if it is the non-believers that are 'Brainwashed" it couldn't be me!"

"Do the Research!" A rallying cry to dig deep into the subject. The amount of avalible information on the fine detail of 9/11 is done and has been done by "The 9/11 Truth Movement" as a political force. So no matter how badly you just want to get information you are constantly barraged with their MONOPOLIZATION of BELIEFS. And it WILL begin to set in if you are not REAL careful.

Again the TOIL of research. How many of you can honestly say you haven't lost sleep (a lot of sleep) during your "Investigative" pursuits?
I know I have;hell, it's freaking 3:00 AM right NOW as I type this.
Once you have pulled a "Truth Seeking Bender" you have done just that, and doubts and beliefs are being bent.

It is downright Scary to live in a country where the powers that be might KILL you. That is exactly the pretense for a FEAR- BASED BELIEF SYSTEM. Most cults use the Smite of God, or the Devil, but nonetheless it is a perceived higher power that you have no control over, wanting to do YOU harm.

"2007 is going to be a good year for truth" -- Dillon Avery.
Just a little pick-me-up to keep the people researching, keep that carrot of "truth" dangeling in front of the followers, keep the propaganda stream flowing. They are making money off of your commitment to the cause. Consider it a donation to the People's Temple of "Truth."
There are many more examples of the --"We ARE making a difference in this cold hateful world. " form of carrot dangling. Usually from the Leaders.

"The man who predicted 9/11"-- Wow this guy knows stuff so much he can see into the future! He must be demonstrating incredible power of foresight WRONG-- Alex Jones spends three hours a day everyday (or more) spouting off possible scenarios, and government conspiracies. "Alex Jones is a debate Guru." No, he is a Shock Jock..and a debased, rude one at that. "Dillion Avery is a research expert." Um..no he is a youthful mouthpeice for the "Organization"--The 9/11 Truth Movement.

In closing: Please use your best instincts when dealing with this topic. AND THEN USE THEM AGAIN! It is very easy to fall into the trap! I did

Mod Edit: All caps title only.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You know what's funny is that I recently spent a month and a half in Maine at my friend's camp where there is no T.V. or internet and the 3 of us came to a conclusion that all the crap we see on T.V. and the internet doesn't really effect you're live's if you dont pay attention to it.

I mean honestly unless you had a close friend or relative in Iraq right now would it affect you're life in anyway if you didn't know about it?It wouldn't would it.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
You know what's funny is that I recently spent a month and a half in Maine at my friend's camp where there is no T.V. or internet and the 3 of us came to a conclusion that all the crap we see on T.V. and the internet doesn't really effect you're live's if you dont pay attention to it.

I mean honestly unless you had a close friend or relative in Iraq right now would it affect you're life in anyway if you didn't know about it?It wouldn't would it.

Some effects are less direct. If 9/11 had no effect unless you're paying attention to it, then why was it done by whoever did it?

And as for the frankenstein video - neat to watch and useful. It helps shed light on the techniques of some "truthers" as well as the propogation of the official mythology. Thanks for sharing, and useful thoughts as well. "Truthers" do need ground control from time to time, but luckily official story proponents don't, becuase they're already normal and grounded, right?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If I didn't know about 9/11 it wouldn't have effected my life at all to be honest with you.99% of the crap we see on T.V. or the internet does not effect our live's.We just think it does because it's on 24/7 and basically brainwashes us all.

That Frankenstein guy is pretty cool,was checking out his youtube site.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Samblack]

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Samblack]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Moderation is the key to a balanced life.

I would say reading the paper or watching the news is healthy.

Trying to scale down a 757 to what it would look like from 895 yards away, and then using some trig formula to determine its rate and bering...might not be so healthy.

I think "waking -Up" is a good idea on the surface...but when one does wake-up; it needs to be in many areas that can be useful to not only the person (to enrich their life) but ulimately to enrich the lives of others.

Good examples would be: Understanding Finances, Religions, History, Self-Improvement/ Productivity techniques, Continuing Education, Learning a different Language..ect..ect..

But that's just my take...Make up your own mind. Be Skeptical..OF EVERYTHING. Then use your well rounded skills to proceed.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

And as for the frankenstein video - neat to watch and useful. It helps shed light on the techniques of some "truthers" as well as the propogation of the official mythology. Thanks for sharing, and useful thoughts as well. "Truthers" do need ground control from time to time, but luckily official story proponents don't, becuase they're already normal and grounded, right?

Heck no. I am trying to break the mold. I am neither a "truther" nor am I a "debunker"

This is polarizing and is doing exactly what it was intended to do..divide US..

I think of you Caustic as a bad-ass.

I wish I could formulate my thoughts and presentations as well as you do.

Naw the one thing I know about life is you must always strive to be better, cause if you don't someone else will..

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GwionX
Moderation is the key to a balanced life.

Trying to scale down a 757 to what it would look like from 895 yards away, and then using some trig formula to determine its rate and bering...might not be so healthy.

Oh no you didn't... Do you perchance recall what prompted the most recent batch of math it seems you're referring to? And besides, you're right, which is why I quit the discussion. Otherwise good advice in general.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Heh..

hey I am up for a good challenge...but DAY-UM..

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Heck no. I am trying to break the mold. I am neither a "truther" nor am I a "debunker"

This is polarizing and is doing exactly what it was intended to do..divide US..

I think of you Caustic as a bad-ass.

I wish I could formulate my thoughts and presentations as well as you do.

Naw the one thing I know about life is you must always strive to be better, cause if you don't someone else will..

That made my day. I like having days made. Most of them just happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think this is a very good post. While I do not believe the official story of 9/11. I also see a lot of cultish behavior in the 9/11 movement. Jim Fetzer, Alex Jones, and Dillon Avery seem to be the core.

I hate to say that any of them have bad intentions. It's just that they do fit the classic mold of a cult. I mentioned it in another thread, but I did go to an alex jones live event (terrorstorm premier) and I must say the whole thing really struck me as cultish. In line a guy said to me "how did you find out about alex jones" and he said it in a really weird worship kinda way. I was thinking, aren't we here about 9/11, not AJ.

I noticed that the core of the audience was people who are "perpetual losers". The type who always feel someone or something is KEEPING THEM DOWN, and if it wasn't 9/11 truth, it would be some other fight against THE MAN.

Otherwise it was some college kids. I really felt out of place. But the place served alcohol, so I got drunk...then it didn't seem so scary...lol

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This is an interesting example you raised, and I understand the point you're trying to make. However, look at the difference between the two things you've mentioned as being "healthy" and "unhealthy."

Reading the paper and watching the news is taking in a very focused and finite amount of information that other people (corporate media) want you to believe. It's not just a matter of whether the news stories are true or not, it's a matter of somebody else deciding for you what's important to be focusing on.

The perfect example of this is Anna Nicole Smith. There has been infititely more attention paid to her death than to the deaths of the service men and woman who have died in Iraq since ANS died. Why?

On the other hand, as pointless as it might be, doing my own analysis of the videos, complete with scale drawings and mathematical formulas is a way of determing for *myself* what's real and what should be believed. Math doesn't lie or exaggerate. Math doesn't rely on feelings or intuition.

Personally, I would rather find out what's real on my own than to take somebody else's word for it.

And by the way, I didn't even think twice about any type of CT theory until I actually read the 9/11 Commission Report. This wasn't some propaganda put out by Alex Jones. This is the government's official explanation of events.

The 9/11 Commission Report devoted exactly one paragraph to explaining why it was that NORAD fighters stationed withing a few miles of the Pentagon failed to keep Flight 77 from hitting the Pentagon.

The 9/11 Commission claimed the reason Flight 77 hit the Pentagon unimpeded was because the FAA gave NEADS incorrect information about a "phantom" Flight 11, and yet the 9/11 Commission did not investigate where this information even came from.

I personally think that there is something drastically wrong, and dysfunctional about how the government is being run right now. 9/11 is just a symptom of this. Even if the official story is 100% true, what's that say about how incredibly incompetent the government is?

You can either sit and watch ESPN every night and hope somebody else does the heavy lifting to make things better, or you can ask yourself how you can contribute to make things better. If people within the government are corrupt and dishonest, and if they can be exposed, then why not expose them?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So, reading the paper or watching the news (spoonfeeding) is healthy but taking the time to think about things and using your own brain isn't? Who's the brainwashed person here again?

Edit: I don't mean you specifically GwionX

[edit on 2/21/2007 by Griff]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is a very interesting post and topic!! I sometimes feel that the 911 Truth Movement is a little on the cultish side. I don't see Alex Jones as a profit or anything like that, but more of a passionate man about what he believes in. The fact of the matter is so many things just don't add up about 911 and the government is hiding so much. It is very bothersome to me to see this country head in the direction that it is going, especially when you look at history and see what has happened with these types of government secrets in the past. The media is a very powerful tool, that is used to brain wash the public. Yeah, there are a lot of crazy theories out there on 911, like the whole ray beam thing. Yet, there is a lot of good evidence that points to a major cover up and conspiracy!! The post about the guy who went to Alex Jones event and saw the kind of anti-social people at the event, is typical. I saw many of the same types of people at a lecture with Steven Jones. I'm not trying to stero-type people or anything like that, I just think the reason is because most other people are already brain washed, and could care less about world events, and are more interested in the brain washing of the Media and would rather pay attention to American Idol, Anna Nicole Smith, and Brittany's shaved head. These are the same materialistic people, that are more concerned with what others think of them, then about what is really going on in the world!! Yet, there are many well educated, well dressed, regular people that know there is something very very wrong with this world, but are scared to speak out because they will be labeled!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Most people do not care because as long as they have a Bluetooth, an Escalade and a latte they are good to go.

The real cover up is flight 93. It is only recnetly coming to light in a large way, but not nearly as large as the WTC or the Pentagon. Why? because 93 is the only coverup that our government wants. It did not want the fallout of that along with a terror attack. It would have torn our government apart as well as the people.

Also, this was the another cover up jsut after 9/11...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watch the video....I see smoke nota broken stabilizer....

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you imagine the state of the nation if this was reported as a terror attack? There would be no commerce and air travel would have halted.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadilyUnavailable
I think this is a very good post. While I do not believe the official story of 9/11. I also see a lot of cultish behavior in the 9/11 movement. Jim Fetzer, Alex Jones, and Dillon Avery seem to be the core.

I hate to say that any of them have bad intentions. It's just that they do fit the classic mold of a cult. I mentioned it in another thread, but I did go to an alex jones live event (terrorstorm premier) and I must say the whole thing really struck me as cultish. In line a guy said to me "how did you find out about alex jones" and he said it in a really weird worship kinda way. I was thinking, aren't we here about 9/11, not AJ.

I noticed that the core of the audience was people who are "perpetual losers". The type who always feel someone or something is KEEPING THEM DOWN, and if it wasn't 9/11 truth, it would be some other fight against THE MAN.

Otherwise it was some college kids. I really felt out of place. But the place served alcohol, so I got drunk...then it didn't seem so scary...lol

That was a very inspirational post

I have for some time been trying to put into words what I feel about the 911 CT (s). In the back of my mind I knew but what was it? Now I know what it was. Thanks
All the hallmarks of a Cult. The comment of perpetual losers was excellent. I have often thought that there was deep paranoia with the "911 Cult".

In the UK we don't have a lot of experience of the cult phenomena so it was hard for me to figure it out without the correct exposure. Thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
have you ever considered that the very arguments you use against the 9-11truth movement can be applied and mutiplied 10 fold regarding the war on terror?? talk about isolation....if you speak out against the regime your branded a traitor and a terrorist...talk about threats and the monopolization of perceptioon...try turning on any news cast and not hear the words "al qaeda" "terrorism" "muslim extremists" "war on terror" literally like 4 times a minute.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Do you feel obligated to back any of that up, or does simply stating it make it true?

If I get a pet theory too, then I'd say you're young and naive, and maybe questioned 9/11 until you got your behind knawed up about it by someone respected or some equivalent social trauma, and now you've had your ego dented and want to play the role of "debunker" to make yourself feel more socially accepted by and large.

Has nothing to do with what actually happened on 9/11. Has to do with your psychological sensitivities to what others think about what you think, or your desire to fit in with others like you or whatever may be your personal case.

And since we're all apparently entitled to pull something out of our ass and say it's completely true, I'll just go ahead and tell you that I actually think something like that is your actual problem.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Do you feel obligated to back any of that up, or does simply stating it make it true?

If I get a pet theory too, then I'd say you're young and naive, and maybe questioned 9/11 until you got your behind knawed up about it by someone respected or some equivalent social trauma, and now you've had your ego dented and want to play the role of "debunker" to make yourself feel more socially accepted by and large.

Has nothing to do with what actually happened on 9/11. Has to do with your psychological sensitivities to what others think about what you think, or your desire to fit in with others like you or whatever may be your personal case.

And since we're all apparently entitled to pull something out of our ass and say it's completely true, I'll just go ahead and tell you that I actually think something like that is your actual problem.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by bsbray11]

Sorry bsbray11, I am convinced of this. I don't see the 9/11 Truth movement as a cult in the traditional sense though... Like a GOD based religious cult... I look at the 9/11 Truth Movement as more political...If you know what I mean..and I think you do..Danka veddy Much!

I will explain later

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

No, knowing that some bandits in the government are behind 9/11 does not make me to live in fear

[edit on 21-2-2007 by pai mei]

[edit on 21-2-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just for the record, I'm a fence sitter on this one...

"The BBC's promotional material for its upcoming documentary on the 9/11 truth movement, widely expected to be a sophisticated hit piece, attempts to dismiss serious questions about 9/11 by implying that anyone who distrusts the official version has a borderline psychological illness and is a member of a mythological cult."

prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 21-2-2007 by hoppy]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join