It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Can't Pay For Nuke Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Russian nuclear officials insisted on Tuesday that Tehran had missed several payments worth a total of over $70 million for the construction of Iran's first nuclear power station at Bushehr in southwest Iran.

Iran Misses Payments Says Russia

Iran can't make the payments. Who would of thought THIS might end it? Could this be Russia helping out the US and trying to save face? You have to admit that Russia has a lot to lose by siding with Iran opposed to the US. Perhaps this is a result of George playing some hardball behind the scenes.

Or maybe Nuclear technology is too expensive for Iran? How exactly would you "repo" a nuclear power plant?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by radio_radio
Or maybe Nuclear technology is too expensive for Iran? How exactly would you "repo" a nuclear power plant?

I guess you refuse to build it.
Maybe the US offered Russia a better deal if they withdrwed their support of Iran.

I do know that the Russians dont these things out of the goodness of their hearts, they were gettinbg some serious cash from Iran.

Of course, I imagine the missile implacements in poland and the czech republic were probably in response to SAM missile sales to Iran. Maybe they dont wish to up the ante anymore. I wouldnt be surprised if bush cut a deal with them agreeing to not build the missile installations in return for Russia ceasing its assistance to Iran.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Things are never as they seem at first glance with these intra-governmental politics. It's actually a pretty clever deal out of Putin, help out one of the u.s.'s sworn enemies so that you can get what you really want out of the U.S.

It's creating leverage from nothing... exactly what Russia needs to rebuild. So I guess from now on, it's the rest of the world vs. the U.S.? I have no doubt Iran will get a bomb, the question is how long will it take? I still think that despite this new development, we may still be looking at a war in less than 30 days. Hell, I just read a story where Iran was bragging about fissile material.

You gotta wonder exactly what those in power are thinking. It seems simple. I either give up the bomb and keep my country the way it is, or build a bomb and the minute it's active get invaded and overthrown by the US. It seems pretty logical to just chill on the whole bomb idea, no?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
your link doesnt work, but yeah, iran is in for a big suprise if this keeps up.

new topics

top topics

join