It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to know why you believe in GOD?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
maybe that is why God told you the meaning of life because to you a pretzel is more important and knew the secret was in safe hands.
Jon1

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Well God aparently believes in me so I might as well return the favor right?

I met god on a bus one time. She told me the meaning of life and gave me a pretzel, I should have wrote it down but that was one good pretzel...

Next time you get a pretzel from God save one for me also ....

I would love to taste them just like the mana from heaven.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
He's god right he can just cure diabete's or something right. I met god in a dream once and he said to "go right", then I woke up. I usually turn right if I can't make up my mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I want to know why you believe in GOD?

Hey, hey, hey, why you say?
Because He belived in me, enough to know that I would too choose to believe in Him. For His purpose, He choose to let me know as much as One could know or fathom, just a fraction of his presence is more than One can comprehend, yet One does.....
But don't get me wrong, this knowing comes with a price...
It's not all a bed of rose's, there is much opposition, spiritual that is......
Hell, look what was done to Christ, and He would do it all over again, every blessed second to share His gift again.
He was able to lead me from a complete athiest to a believer, it was not an overnight journey, and I'm sure at every step (and I ain't talkin no 12 step program either) I must have made a choice to follow, some I may not have even been aware I was making.
So funny for One who was so apposed initially to the idea of GOD...
He gave me new eyes to see with, new ears to hear with, and a new tongue to speak with, Thank You Father!!!
My faith was not born in a church, nor in the Bible, but it has since been affirmed by it, (the Bible and other works). It would take a book for me to detail the experiences I have been given, and that work has been started, but it won't be finished anytime soon, Guess you'll have to wait for the real meat and potatoes...
For me and mine HE LIVES!!!
Am I saved???
didn't ask, cause it didn't matter... It was enough for me to know HE LIVES!!!
Am I still a sinner???
living in this world, I can't seem to find a way around it, though I do try too (not sin) I think since my awakening this has been the hardest thing to come to terms with. Not even the best of us can walk without falling down somewhere in this mess.
Doesn't that make me a hypocrit???
what ever I am doesn't make GOD not reality...
Do I still have bad days, ugly feelings, trials and tribulations??? YOU BET YA!!!!!
Do any of those things make me think GOD isn't real??? hell no...
No, no matter what I choose to do GOD will always continue to be real, and for the rest of my days I KNOW THAT!!!
For those of you who have yet to know, we await your celebration too...
PEACE!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Holiday Star!

Nice to 'see' you, friend!

I really dig your answer. It is pretty much complete, IMO.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Holiday Star.

I kind've feel the same way about him believing in me.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't think God would ask us to do anything He would/could/did not do FIRST.

You think?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think the big guy who loves all would put up with us asking a question. Just like a great father who is patient to his child when they mess up, or keep asking questions, Why..Why...etc.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I believe i have exhausted all other avenues of thought and of reason. And God is the only remaining logical recourse, the only remaining path since all others seem to lead to a deep seeded yearning and desire for comprehension of truth and compliance with truth.

It is Esoterics Response that I too came to belief in God.

His response is Concise. It is the desire of Truth, and understanding that our universe works on Truth. The Lord God Allmighty is Truth

But...I would add this.

Christ spoke on Truth..and how true this is:

And as they were speaking Jesus appeared in their midst and said, Truth, one and absolute, is in God alone, for no man, neither any body of men, knoweth that which God alone knoweth, who is the All in All.. To men is Truth revealed, according to their capacity to understand and receive.
3. The One Truth hath many sides, and one seeth one side only, another seeth another, and some see more than others, according as it is given to them.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.

Peace to all...

[edit on 24-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I believe i have exhausted all other avenues of thought and of reason. And God is the only remaining logical recourse, the only remaining path since all others seem to lead to a deep seeded yearning and desire for comprehension of truth and compliance with truth.

It is Esoterics Response that I too came to belief in God.

His response is Concise. It is the desire of Truth, and understanding that our universe works on Truth. The Lord God Allmighty is Truth

But...I would add this.

Christ spoke on Truth..and how true this is:

And as they were speaking Jesus appeared in their midst and said, Truth, one and absolute, is in God alone, for no man, neither any body of men, knoweth that which God alone knoweth, who is the All in All.. To men is Truth revealed, according to their capacity to understand and receive.
3. The One Truth hath many sides, and one seeth one side only, another seeth another, and some see more than others, according as it is given to them.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.

Peace to all...

[edit on 24-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

Hi Hifiguy!

I like your post and agree with it entirely. If fact, I agree with it so much so, I could have thought i posted a very similiar message [paraphrased] in another thread? For who can know the mind of God and retain their sanity.

Thank you for everything my friend.

Edit after your edit.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Foundation]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What a nice way of treating people, you took the time to edit that post after he edited his. Your nice avatar sure was a lot different than the one you made for me when you sent me all those insane u2u's eh qlippoth?

[edit on 24-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Two words for you LGM

Water Pistol.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Its air powered and can strip paint off of a nuclear submarine. The iranians wanted to use it to tag a US ship but Lonegunman said NO

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How cute. You are such nice guy, I wonder if the mods will figure out you were the one going by the name Qlippoth when you said those things to BH in her thead about her nephew that passed on?

You may need your water pistol back but I control the fire hose.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

But you haven't seen Lonegunmans water pistol have you...

How about a rain check

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
How cute. You are such nice guy

Why thank you kind sir.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

She lives on Love Street Lingers long on Love Street. She has a house and garden eYe would like to see what happens.

I wonder who this is for? LOL

The eYe's have it. ]i[

It is against the T&C to harrass a member with u2u's and you can stop calling me a bastard.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

She lives on Love Street Lingers long on Love Street. She has a house and garden eYe would like to see what happens.

The eYe's have it. ]i[

It is against the T&C to harrass a member with u2u's and you can stop calling me a bastard.

Sorry, but you emailed me remember? I was just kidding with you regarding the last, you do have a sense of humor don't you? Love ya man

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundation

The eYe's have it. ]i[

Sorry, but you emailed me remember? I was just kidding with you regarding the last, you do have a sense of humor don't you? Love ya man

Sorry it wasnt an email, it was a u2u and my sense of humor is one of the best. Mess with me or someone I love and it goes away and I prepare for business. I know your game and you do too. Hopefully a mod will do the right thing and match your IP with Qlippoth and you will be banned.

If a mod would like they can view my u2u's They are very telling. I have been here for two years and have always been a good member and have never ever recieed a warning about anything. I have not been harrased until you came here and you are at it quite often. You even got that avatar for Qlippoth from the left eye of that mask of yours. what you said to BH was not right.

I am sorry for the thread derailment

[edit on 24-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
***Original Post Reminder***
Dear LORD
Thank you for the little reminder of why we really do need you...
Please excuse the interuptions on this thread, sometimes we still
know not what we do, can you please help us all keep this thread on topic?
By your Heavenly Promise LORD, make this so, and Thank You GOD!!!
PEACE!!!

sometimes just a little pray help's
wait and see.........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join