It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazingly disturbing video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've still got chills from this video, real or fake. It seems like someone taking a video of their little girl brushing her hair in the mirror... keep watching it. Can that reflection be faked easily? I'm all weirded out.

All the description says is that it is scary, there is no back story at all, but the voice-over sounds like it was shown on a news program or something.

Hopefully someone who speaks the language (not even sure what language it is, the video title says Japanese) can help us out.

Anyway, here is the video.

Japanese Mirror

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That's creepy...Hopefully someone can translate that, I'd love to know what they're saying.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
very simple trick of angles. The girl in the mirror is actually to the cameras left, and not the girl in the chair

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Take a close look at head movement. Her motion does not precisely match with the mirror. This is an obvious sign of a hoax. It can be easily replicated by anyone.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah fake as can be. though I know that TAPS had a video of the image in the mirror moving but the mirror wasn't

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm not so quick to say this one is a hoax...

I'd really like to see this video in real time (no slow-motion) from start to finish, not just ending at where it becomes questionable. Then I'd have a better time believing it.

Right now it looks like someone tried their hand at special effects, tried to make it look creepy, got lazy and didn't finish up the whole video.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That was pretty creepy. They need to use that one in a horror movie. Better effects then I have seen in a long time.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
AWESOME!!! its fantastic, but not really that spooky.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Brrrrrrr!!!. A bit sinister that eh?. Looks very "Ring" and "The Grudge" style though what with the pale face and all. Strange that the wee kid didn't freak out. I think they have basically put the freaky face over the girls and frozen it for a few seconds. Really cool clip though, kudos to the person who made it.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
I'd really like to see this video in real time (no slow-motion) from start to finish, not just ending at where it becomes questionable. Then I'd have a better time believing it.

Exactly. What happens in the frames that follow, i.e. the rest of the clip? Does the face suddenly start moving again, or is the real truth revealed in the rest of the clip?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That really is creepy when you first see it. Shoot, I had chill bumps when I watched it.

If it is faked; it is well done.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but when it shows you in the close up the face looks kind of CGI, theres no shading or anything of the face. I'm pretty sure it's fake, but i'd be happy to be proved wrong ^_^

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I had thought that it was going to be a really freaky video, but it really wasn't.

It shows a kid brushing her hair, she turns her head, and then turns back to the camera, but her reflection doesn't turn back, you can see her looking right at the camera, but that her head in the mirror hasn't turned back.

BUT, its not simply a matter of a flat mirror, with the camera and kid directly in front of it, the camera is at an anlg,e and the mirror is a set of mirrors that are folded up (likesay, they are doors to a cabinet) and pointing at one another.

Multiple oppurtunities for unexpected reflections there, not to mention that people could easily edit the video to have that effect, which seems more likely here than that it was reflection.

Really it wasn't a chilling video at all.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Does the face suddenly start moving again, or is the real truth revealed in the rest of the clip?

The clip shows it in real time, showing the girl turn, oyu can see the reflection matches, then she turns back, but the reflection stays there. They slow it up and move int, and you can see that its not a freeze frame, the image in the mirror is moving (she blinks at least).

But, also, notice, there are three reflections in the mirrors, and only one, which just happens to be the one most visible to us for this effect, shows the 'not turning back' reflection.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It could easily be faked, even in real time, but it can also be real, I knew a person who once saw the back of her head when she looked at herself in the mirror.

And I am almost 100% sure the language is Japanese, but unfortunately I don't speak it.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i would assume its a fake as well, my 2 friends once took a picture where one was looking into the mirror and the other was in the reflection without the original guy. its just a matter of relative angle and perception.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The "Many Worlds" theory in quantum physics could account for this. In the many worlds theory, you are sitting in the chair typing on your computer but you are also standing and typing on your computer... Weird,huh?

top topics

join