It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconfirmed Tampa UFO sighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I just got a call from TheRanchMan (Paranoid man he is.) Of some strange lights seen over the Tampa/Brandon area.

The lights were seen roughly south of the Tampa/Brandon area somewhere around 8:00-30ish tonight.

Joe called me up around 8:00 to tell to go outside, that he saw something hovering over some local cell phone towers. Being rather confused, I looked in my backyard which was more North-westerly and saw a very bright star-like object directly below the moon, I figured i wast a star and figured this was what Joe was talking about, but this was rather big for a star and brighter than I'd ever recalled seeing one. He told me this wasn't the object and I went out front and saw what he was talking about, The object itself was changing colors, from what I can gather being green, white, red and blue. This object proceeding to move left to right rather slowly in your classic 'zig-zag' pattern above the cell tower.

the object being above cell tower, I had a great view point of what it looked like compared of a stationary object. It was indeed moving, I decided to photograph the object. (Which I can guarantee will be very poor quality.) Both I and Joe witnessed the object dart at a extreme pace up and to the right, almost next to a near-by star,k then back. Quite a distance.

I couldn't capture the object below the moon on film as it was right at tree level and being on bike I couldn't find a good vantage point that tree cover wasn't in the way, but I can see it started to move ea sternly at a very slow speed after staying stationary for about five minutes.

As of 8:46 both crafts was no longer visible and assumed to have disapeared.

Lets hear those reports!

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Shadowyfoe]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Venus was just West of the moon as at about 8:00 local this evening. It's Venus unless you can tell me that you saw Venus elsewhere in the sky. Atmospheric turbulence will make it appear to move and change colors.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Really interesting that I just happened into this thread... I live in Monroe, Michigan, about 40 miles south of Detroit, MI and 20 miles North of Toledo, OH and at approx 8:15 - 8:30 pm EST tonight (I remember the time cause my friend called me uppon returning home from work at 8:15pm). Anyway heres the interesting part... I was outside out in front of my house smoking a cig and was doing my usual stare at the sky routine looking for UFO's and just admiring the night when a few things happened that could very well be my imagination (the first thing anyway). First thing is I kept noticing the fainest streaks of light, almost like something flying by at such a fast rate of speed that it doesnt even leave a desernable light trail in your feild of vision. So hence could have ben imagined, but it happened like 3-4 times and I just thought that was wierd. Now I for sure saw what at first glance appeared to be a star about 1-2 inches to the south east of the bottom of the moon... an inch meaning if you took your thumb and pointer finger and put the moons bottom most part at the pointer finger and star at thumb. The weird part is that I shrugged it off as a star and looked away, only to realise that there was not a star there when I came out... so I looked back and it was gone. This part was certainly not imagined but very wel could hae been a plane, though I'm leaning towards something else. The third thing I saw was what appeared to be a star, it wasnt twinkling, didnt have any blinking lights and appeared to be bluish in color. What was cool about it is that it was traveling at a good clip, was at a very high altitude and was moving ever so slightly from right to left and then back again. It did this all the way accross the sky heading north from the south. It appeared to be very, very high up... if I were a betting man I would have to think this object was at the closest in lower orbit. I very much wonder if what you witnessed could have possibly been the same thing I did? Just wanted to compare notes...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The senior PGA was intown this past week. There were two blimps parked at Vandenberg Airport all week - Met Life/Snoopy and I am not sure what the other one was, probably Outback. At night, they light up the blimps internally, and look somewhat strange. I would bet that is what you saw.

BTW, Vandenberg is about 8-10 miles north of Brandon. I think the senior tour is going south this week, Ft Myers or something, so it would make sense they blimps were flying south of Brandon.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Redfish]

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Redfish]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
We saw Venus in the sky as well, and one of them was way more brighter then Venus at any rate. And we don't live by Vandenburg, but thanks for the explanations!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you live in the Tampa/Brandon area, you live near Vandenberg Airport. It is on the NW corner of the I-4/I-75/Hwy 60 convergence.

Perhaps we differ on the term "near". For a blimp, or other airborne craft, near is 20-30 miles. I drove by them every morning last week, and in the predawn hours, they look like pulsating orbs sitting near the ground. They did catch my eye. Unless Snoopy is an alien, I am sure about what I was looking at. From head on, they almost look like twin orbs (not the fleshy type) separated by a dark hourglass shape. It is eye catching.

The Senior PGA tour travels the state this time of year, and the next tournament will occur south of our area. As a result, the blimp/s will be relocating the spot south of Tampa. Since their most recent berth was just north of the Brandon area (Vandenberg), that would require them to fly over the Brandon area to points south. putting them in your general vicinity. I do not have a flight log, but since blimps are not a common sight in our sky, it would seem the most likely explaination for a UFO sighting. I am not saying you did not see a UFO, but I doubt what you saw was other worldly.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I decided to photograph the object. (Which I can guarantee will be very poor quality.)

Poor quality or not, I would like to see the pictures. Can you post them?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have a friend that lives in Brandon (Brandon Crossings apartments near the mall) so I will give him a call and see if he was outside at that time.
Thanks for the report.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I remember seeing two blimps in Tampa around the start of the FL State Fair...was in daylight though...on my way to Orlando at the time (a couple of weeks back), so seems they've been in the area awhile.

Just food for thought, but only you know what you saw....

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am the other end to this eyewitness report.

Gasrok, I know about the blimps you were talking about. However, this was at about 830 at night, so I doubt hat's what they were.

I live near a bunch of cell phone towers, and there is a star that is to the right of them. However, the craft near the cell phone towers was a little bit brighter than the star, and it was doing some definite moving.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The pictures are top notch %100 horrible, I'd be ashamed to post them, the odd thing is they are shoot at street level and street lamps are visible, but there are also some strange red lights in the photo that I recall quite clear where not there at the time of the shot, I walked back out to the sight a few days later to check and still can't figure that out, but if you all insist, I'm sure I'll sneak them in sooner or later, though I can't find the object that I saw on the film.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You do of course realize that this was during the Florida State fair when you first created this thread, and Brandon is about a stones throw from the fair grounds, right? The morning after I first read this thread I saw a White and Red blimp flying around the area, and the first thing that came to mind was this sighting.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Actually, it's fairly hard to see.

And this was at night, so I doubt they had big glowing blimps that could teleport.

THR

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I saw the same thing too. In St. Pete, Fl. Probably from the MacDill AFB, it was like star, but blue, and steady instead of blinking like a regular plane. They were also in formation, like a huge triangle moving at really slow speeds. Sky was blue, and the rain clouds came about an hour later.... There were at least 10 of them

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stillfly5102003
I saw the same thing too. In St. Pete, Fl. Probably from the MacDill AFB

When was this?
The Blue Angels were just flying at the Airshow like a week ago…
They are not only blue, but they fly in a diamond formation.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Blue Angels and the AirFest show at MacDill was about a month after this sighting.

The sighting stillfly is talking about was one that I did not see, but it also proves that there was heightened activity that night.

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
The Blue Angels and the AirFest show at MacDill was about a month after this sighting.

The sighting stillfly is talking about was one that I did not see, but it also proves that there was heightened activity that night.

I was quoting StillFly because I was referring to his post. He did not mention a date for his post, and it obviously happened more recently then yours. Considering that Stillfly has yet to mention a date how do you figure that it relates to your sighting in any way, shape, or form?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't think it was related to what I saw, but then again, I don't even know what it is that I actually saw.

I didn't even see it, because I live in an apartment, and I can't go outside without being surrounded by appartment buildings and tall trees.

It may have very well been related to what I saw. Aside from Shadowyfoe and I, we had any other eyewitness accounts, and this helps.

TheRanchMan

new topics

top topics

join