It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Russia buckling under international pressure"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Iran denies delaying payment for reactor.
MOSCOW - The launch of a Russian-built nuclear power plant in Iran could be delayed because Iran has fallen behind in payments, Russian officials said Monday. Top Iranian officials swiftly denied that payments had been disrupted, in the latest dispute surrounding the deal at the heart of the two countries' nuclear cooperation.

Source

Any thoughts?

AlBeMeT

Edit to edit edit

[edit on 20-2-2007 by AlBeMet]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, either Iran has fallen behind and is trying to deny it. They dont want anyone thinking they lack funds. Or Russia is using Irans self proclaimed need for such technology as a way to extort more money out of the deal. I would more be inclined to agree with the first because why would Russia want to alienate a buyer of their military hardware and other services such as nuclear tech advisors and such.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think the Russians are just trying to slow the program down to stop any potential conflict from occuring. From what i understand the power plant is almost completed but when it is completed there is going to be a political #-storm in the west. So i think the Russians are trying to releive pressure off the situation by halting its progress.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well, the Russians are backing off becase they realize that the plant will never be finished. It will be a pile of rubble in the next couple of months, either from Israel or the Us, probably both, will end Iran's attempt to become a Nuclear power.

new topics

top topics

join