It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Iran Attack Plans' Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

US 'Iran Attack Plans' Revealed

Source Link: news.bbc.co.uk

US contingency plans for air strikes on Iran extend beyond nuclear sites and include most of the country's military infrastructure, the BBC has learned.

It is understood that any such attack - if ordered - would target Iranian air bases, naval bases, missile facilities and command-and-control centres.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Scary.

Especially the following part:

But diplomatic sources have told the BBC that as a fallback plan, senior officials at Central Command in Florida have already selected their target sets inside Iran.

That list includes Iran's uranium enrichment plant at Natanz. Facilities at Isfahan, Arak and Bushehr are also on the target list, the sources say.

Nuclear Bunker Buster Bombs are primed and ready.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not scary, normal and a SOP.

The military always makes contingency plans for just about any and every scenario. They do this to try and keep from being surprised by a situation, with no plan on how to react.

Probably 99+% end up gathering dust in a file drawer somewhere in the Pentagon.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Not scary, normal and a SOP.

The military always makes contingency plans for just about any and every scenario. They do this to try and keep from being surprised by a situation, with no plan on how to react.

Probably 99+% end up gathering dust in a file drawer somewhere in the Pentagon.

Yes the broad contingency plans for air strikes on Iran are something the Army does for every possible scenario - I am aware of that. But if you read the part of the article I quoted it says, that there is also another - Fallback Plan, which includes selected, mostly nuclear installations in Iran. Now that is Scary.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why is having a fallback plan to attack iranian nuclear sites such a shock? After all, isn't the fact that iran has nuclear sites the basic reason for having to make contingency plans in the first place.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

After all, isn't the fact that iran has nuclear sites the basic reason for having to make contingency plans in the first place.

Bush just LOVES people who say things like this! That means, not only did he fool them with Iraq, he's fooling them a second time with Iran!

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."!
:shk:

And yes, it is scary. The fact that we're going into Iran for no reason is scary enough. The fact that the people lap it up like milk is even scarier...

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Why is having a fallback plan to attack iranian nuclear sites such a shock? After all, isn't the fact that iran has nuclear sites the basic reason for having to make contingency plans in the first place.

Having a contingency plan is fine and dandy, since all those generals have to do something when there is no war, and that something is preparing for war. I mea it is not Fine with me, but I guess it's okey. But to have yet ANOTHER fallback plan, in case that the contingency plan is refused - well that is another story.

Especially if the same "Intelligence" shall provide "Evidence" of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iran as well as they did with Iraq - which was actually complete lying on their side. But in this case the bombs which will start falling shall not be "just" conventional, but also Nuclear.

And THAT makes this situation even Scarier!

top topics

join