It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi women to hang for acts of resistance!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with the fact that they where women or that they have children. Your sympathy is not what i'm after but your decency is!

Even if you don't agree with what these women where fighting for, you don't just kill enemy prisoners! Would you agree with killing.

Bombing collaborators and occupation troops was completely within the rights of these women.

LAW of the land? Throw out the genevanconventions though right? Claiming that this court is legitimate while the country is under occupation is a freaking joke!

I suppose you think it would be ok to execute a captured US soldier so long as he's given a trial?

You think it was ok for the french resistance to be summarily executed by the nazi's? Or for the Vietcong to be shot by the south vietnamese puppet army?

Never mind about the fact they where not given a lawyer or a proper court case. But even if they where and the court found they where resistance fighters (which they more than likely where) that still doesn't make the slightest of differences, because under the geneva conventions, THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE!

Article 4 defines prisoners of war to include:

* 4.1.2 Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, provided that they fulfill all of the following conditions:
o that of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;
o that of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance (there are limited exceptions to this among countries who observe the 1977 Protocol I);
o that of carrying arms openly;
o that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

* 4.1.6 Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.

timeless test

what should have happened to them?

The same thing that's supposed to happen to all POW's, they are held prisoner untill the end of the war, or exchanged , not shot.
Hello???!

MasterJedi

Thank you for posting this as I wouldn't have known that justice for the Iraqi policemans family is being served

What about the resistance fighters that the collaborator puppet police helped kill, what about those father's and husbands? Would it be ok with you if a US soldier was shot while he was taken prisoner? It's called a war. THAT"S WHY THEY CREATED THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.

This is a war crime pure and simple, and the fact that you don't see that just condemns you even more

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

what should have happened to them?

The same thing that's supposed to happen to all POW's, they are held prisoner untill the end of the war, or exchanged , not shot.
Hello???!

Were these people wearing uniforms and carrying their weapons openly SS? How do you know they fall under the category of Prisioners of War?

Here's a little question for you, were the British justified in hanging Zioist fighters in Palestine before the establishment of Israel?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sorry SS I meant to add perhaps you should amend your signature to "live free or die, but only if you can't achieve POW status".

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Were these people wearing uniforms and carrying their weapons openly SS? How do you know they fall under the category of Prisioners of War?

Even bush was forced to admit that the Iraqi resistance falls under the geneva conventions. And the rest of the world sees it that way.
If not them, then who? The nazi's thought the same way you did. I GUESS THAT'S WHY THEY WHERE SUCH WARCRIMINALS!

Here's a little question for you, were the British justified in hanging Zioist fighters in Palestine before the establishment of Israel?

Did they ever? doesn't sound right. You mean zionists who did not declare war on palestine, nor where they born there? No even then.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Even bush was forced to admit that the Iraqi resistance falls under the geneva conventions.

Possibly so, provided that they meet the necessary conditions which you helpfully posted. Do you know if they met these conditions? Even in the World Wars spies or resistance fighters operating out of uniform were liable to be executed by both sides.

Did they ever? doesn't sound right. You mean zionists who did not declare war on palestine, nor where they born there? No even then.

Yes, we certainly did hang Zionist "freedom fighters" in Palestine, but maybe I shouldn't have raised that as we're going to get sidetracked very quickly otherwise.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
3 more terrorists back to allah. At least the Iraqis are taking control of their country.

Taking control? It seems to be going the opposite direction to me - disintegrating into violent mob rule - perhaps the worse its been since Bush declared victory four years ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
SS- these women weren't POWs. They were charged with murdering Iraqi policemen, which is a criminal activity. It would be the same as if someone murdered a policeman in Australia. They would be treated as a criminal, not a soldier. There's no corrolation between the French resistance and these folks either. The US liberated Iraq from a brutal dictator which is a far cry from Hitler's forces in France. Now it's up to the Iraqis to get their ____ together, and stop killing each other. I can guarantee the US forces don't want to be in Iraq one moment longer than necessary to insure stability. All the insurgents want is to insure anarchy, which could spill over into a much larger regional conflict (sunni vs. shia vs. kurd vs. jew vs. etc........).

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sorry SS I meant to add perhaps you should amend your signature to "live free or die, but only if you can't achieve POW status".

No, it stays how it is. You think it's all some joke don't you. These brave fighters fought knowing that it would probably lead to their death. Doesn't mean i can't be FURIOUS at this war crime.

a famous french resistance fighter by the name Valentin Feldman was executed by the collaborators, his last words where, 'imbeciles it is for you too that i die'.

Yes, we certainly did hang Zionist "freedom fighters" in Palestine, but maybe I shouldn't have raised that as we're going to get sidetracked very quickly otherwise.

what as in, zionists fighting the british occupation?... or a completely different situation.

----

There is also a geneva convention strictly for the treatement of civilian prisoners and population. the fourth convention.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Conventions?

Laws?

Rules?

Regulations?

In Iraq?

Where?

Come on people - the Invasion, I mean OCCUPATION of Iraq was illegal from the start, based on a pack of Lies and Deceptions. Numerous Conventions, Laws, Regulations and other "Law Stuff" was violated in the process of "Liberating" Iraq from the hands of Saddam. So how many of you expect that the newly "Elected" Puppet USA goverment shall obey these or any other laws? I mean the majority of Shia are now ruling Iraq - while the are also running several Death Squads (trained by the CIA), which probably kill people related to the ex-Baath regime everyday without us knowing.

So this does not come as a surprise to me. Iraq is a mess. Iraq is Chaos. Iraq is Anarchy. Iraq is Disorder. Iraq is in Pieces. Iraq is in Civil War. Iraq is a Warzone. Iraq is far from what some presidents promised. Four years now and counting, and things have gone from bad to worse to F.U.B.A.R.!

My compliments to the lovely Bush administration!

(and as always, to all their supporters!)

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Justice?

I'll show you the justice the Iraqi "resistance" gives.

www.liveleak.com...

www.liveleak.com...

Here is their justice. The second video is where they put a round in a man's head because he was carrying beverages.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We practiced some of that "justice" ourselves. Abu-Ghurayb, for example.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by befoiled
We practiced some of that "justice" ourselves. Abu-Ghurayb, for example.

Not force them naked because they were carrying beverages. LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In Iraq, our (the U.S.) actions remain unjust, our motives insidious, and have been from the beginning. Just because our troops haven't executed a person for carrying beverages doesn't mean we operate from a higher moral position.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Justice?

Apparently for some Justice is a word they can laugh upon.

And do the Coalition troops know the meaning of Justice?

Or the current Iraqi goverment?

Do You?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Apparently for some Justice is a word they can laugh upon.

And do the Coalition troops know the meaning of Justice?

Or the current Iraqi goverment?

Do You?

Funny about your response since I was mocking about how you guys are somehow pissed of about "resistance" fighters receiving justice, when I post some videos of the insurgents method of justice that you tend to be quiet about it or decided to change the subject.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you want, I can post more videos of the "resistance's" justice. I'm sure you approved it.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Funny about your response since I was mocking about how you guys are somehow pissed of about "resistance" fighters receiving justice, when I post some videos of the insurgents method of justice that you tend to be quiet about it or decided to change the subject.

So your theory is, that you can Fight Fire with Fire?

Screw Justice - if the resistance does not follow it, why should the Coalition?

Just show everybody that the so-called Liberators are not better then the resistance in Iraq and that the goverment of Iraq is also not better then resistance in Iraq - and that they do not obey international laws or conventions, but rather behead or hand their prisoners of war.

What a lovely country!

Democratic yet?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If you want, I can post more videos of the "resistance's" justice. I'm sure you approved it.

I doubt a video exists of the rape and murder of an Iraqi girl and her family by American troops. I guess you'll just have to use your imagination.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ok, so there are some who think killing civilian police officers is a good thing. Thats fine, but some seem to think it would be wrong to punish them for such acts. If I were to do the same here in the States, I'd be on death row awaiting my death by lethal injection or the gas chamber(cant remember which is used in North Carolina). Those who volunteer for the Iraqi police are pretty brave in my opinion, its open season on police there for insurgents.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

No, it stays how it is. You think it's all some joke don't you. These brave fighters fought knowing that it would probably lead to their death. Doesn't mean i can't be FURIOUS at this war crime.

My comment was something of a low blow, I apologise for belittling your passion.

what as in, zionists fighting the british occupation?... or a completely different situation.

Yes, absolutely, but it is probably for another thread.

There is also a geneva convention strictly for the treatement of civilian prisoners and population. the fourth convention.

I'll need to read up on that before I comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join