It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela To Acquire Nine New Submarines

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
yeah centurian has conceptual problems but other than that he's ok. He still thinks oil is a renewable resource though.

Second time I've seen you mention that, but I'm trying really hard to recall when I ever said that. I did read a theory once saying oil was not formed organically, but have seen no proof. Is that what you are talking about?

As for that other guy, his name calling because he disagrees (or agrees, but hates himself for it?) only proves my point about what's on the other side of the border.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey at least I spoke relatively well of you.

You mentioned on a thread about global warming.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Sorry, but when I look around I see mostly resentment caused by "America-envy", which is something along the lines of "penis-envy". You know deep down inside that you'll never be what we are, or have what we have, or be able to do what we can do - and you can't stand it.

That is one of the most ridiculous and honestly stupidest things I
have heard in a long time.

The rest of the world does'nt want to be like us, yes there are a few
third world countries that want freedom and democracy, but even
than, they don't want to become like us.

As it stands there are more than a few countries that have more
freedom than we do, and therefore can do things we can't, and have
things we don't, like a society that is'nt obese and only happy when
they have there unnecessarily large gas guzzling planet killing SUVs
and gaudy over priced crap.

We could all become isolationist, build defenses against anything you have out in barbarian-land, and you'd still be mad and envious. BTW, it's a fact that pretty much no one here is envious of any of your countries for any reason, and I'm sure that sticks in your craw, too.

Wow, you've actually outdone yourself, this is even more ridiculous
and idiotic than the last thing.

There are alot of Americans who are envious of things that other
countries have that we don't.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
These things couldn't directly take out a modern US sub, but who is to say that we'll be using our subs to directly attack foreign targets anyway?

the first part is very very wrong

a nuke boat will allways be noisier than a boat running on batteries - abd diesel boat skippers are very good at snorkeling and keeping that quiet as well

have a look for the swedish aip boat (enough threads on here about it) and what it did to a virginia (and rumours to a seawolf as well) - which is why the usn is scared and trying to retain years of forgotton tactics - just because the usa doesn`t have diesel boats means they got complacent and assumed others won`t have them or there not as good. well they were wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
AWWWW come on now leave the poor boy alone.....centurion don't mean no harm.... he just don't know no better.

Its alright Centurion if those of us on here think you are nuts.... BUT when your dog does... then its time to worry. Just a word of advice.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by grover]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yeah I would just double check to see if the sub comes complete with a screen door, before setting sail on the SS. Chaves. Yeeesh.

Do the Venezuelan torpedos self-arm if the sub turns too far to port? What about their batteries. Did venezuela string up 20,000 diehard car batteries in the aft decks, for the propulsion? Just curious how Venezuela plans to use diesel subs in an assemetrical war against the "American Empire." Isn't building a sub to combat our subs, and fleet not assemtrical and more akin to taking us head on, but with tech that is 20 years obsolete to our vessels?

What are they going to massacre shiping lanes? Good luck getting the rest of the world to give you a fare shot. And what about Chile. I'm sure they would get pissed that Venezuelan subs are loitering in their trade lanes, waiting for god knows what crazy order to come down the pipe.

I have a feeling that Venezuelan Subs will be deserving of the SEAL sub nickname 'Sewer Pipe' for thier subs.

Me I'm sure a kid at a elementry school science fare could create a better sub made from aluminum soda cans, krazy glue, and a soda straw, than the venezuelan navy.

And really 3 billion dollars? Where did Venezuela get that kind of cash. Their bannana crops have a great yield or something this season?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Chavez is a NWO/Shadow gov't installed puppet meant to convince the American sheople that there are political/military/economic threats to global
security. Like the secret supplying of Nigerian tribesman with military grade arms, it's meant to keep future oil supplies tight and prices high to squeeze not just the US but the entire world's middle class from it's hard earned wealth. Remember, the US use's just roughly over 25% of the world's hydrocarbon based energy and that figure is shrinking rapidly with the massive growth of India and China's consumer markets.

Chavez with 9 sub's is just credible enough threat to commercial shipping in the Caribbean and the Canal zone to provoke the intended political reaction within the US. My question to Chavez, what happened to your promises to help the poor in your country? You just gave $9 billion away to a foreign country when you could have spent that money helping to diversify your economy?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just when our navy was getting bored, now we will have more communist to send to Davey Jone's Locker.

Nothing like a whatabe trying to make himself a power.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Chavez is a NWO/Shadow gov't installed puppet meant to convince the American sheople that there are political/military/economic threats to global
security.

Well those who believe that are indeed sheeple who don't know a damn thing about military things, just like my political teacher...
He's so funny in his crap propaganda.

Sorry, but when I look around I see mostly resentment caused by "America-envy", which is something along the lines of "penis-envy". You know deep down inside that you'll never be what we are, or have what we have, or be able to do what we can do - and you can't stand it.

Sorry, but a lot of people would die before wishing becoming americans, just like some of my friends who don't know kind americans and don't understand that only a portion of americans are dumbs and support Bush.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Sure, the rest of the world loves us alright.

What the hell are you talking about???
Sure there is USA-envy, but I see more criticism because of the hundreds of millions who have suffered under the U.S. and European foreign policies (which are benefiting corporations), which were supported by lots of third world dictatorships (sponsored by those same corporations-- a vicious circle).

I have posted numerous times about atrocities and damn near GENOCIDE committed in third world countries in the name of profits and capitalism. Yet some here in this forum refuse to see that.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well Florida does look and hang down like a rather large penis.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If Florida is americas penis than wouldn't we all have mexico envy cause they have the yucatan penninsula, no wait they're freaks they also have baja. Baja...it just sounds like a nickname for a dirty part. so...mexico has two penises. Man, are we beat. At least we have the Grand Tetons. Other countries might have some nice Tetons but only we have the Grand Tetons.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Okay back to the topic please people. Chavez and his submarines.

thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

And what about Chile. I'm sure they would get pissed that Venezuelan subs are loitering in their trade lanes, waiting for god knows what crazy order to come down the pipe.

I do not understand how his subs would affect or piss of Chile, seeing as Chile sits on the Pacific coast, and Venezuela is on the Caribean/Atlantic coast....

By the way guys, here is a couple of things China is doing for good ol Chavez

Venezuela and Colombia have already agreed to the construction of cross-border oil and gas pipelines to Pacific Ocean ports.

China will be making 18 supertankers for Venezuela and will divide investments worth $5 billion between oil-extraction projects in Venezuela’s Orinoco Delta and a “petrochemical center” in the northwest. China will also design a fiber optic cable network for Venezuela, construct 20,000 homes over the next two years, put a telecommunications satellite into orbit by 2008, and build a $10 billion, 621-mile railroad across central Venezuela. Negotiators reached accords on tourism, education and agricultural development.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

China will be making 18 supertankers for Venezuela and will divide investments worth $5 billion between oil-extraction projects in Venezuela’s Orinoco Delta and a “petrochemical center” in the northwest. China will also design a fiber optic cable network for Venezuela, construct 20,000 homes over the next two years, put a telecommunications satellite into orbit by 2008, and build a $10 billion, 621-mile railroad across central Venezuela. Negotiators reached accords on tourism, education and agricultural development.

Supertankers... well maybe using subs to protect supertankers from enemies, hijackers, CIA cells... you never know.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

You mean selected countries of Europe (UK)?

Actually most of Us do not wish to become "You" and have what "You" have or be able to do what "You" do. Actually most of Us are just happy where we are. But you are letting your Ego get the best of you. Do not think you are superior with what you have - some people have far less and they are far richer then you will ever be (and I do not talk about money). You should re-think your strategy...

We could all become isolationist, build defenses a:lgainst anything you have out in barbarian-land, and you'd still be mad and envious. BTW, it's a fact that pretty much no one here is envious of any of your countries for any reason, and I'm sure that sticks in your craw, too.

Where is Barbarian Land?

Every single country Outside USA?

So I wonder how many foreign countries have you and "Yours" Visited?

How much of this World have you seen, so you can claim that?

Sounds pretty Arrogant to me...

You see your problem is you actually DO think you are the Best, the Elite, the Only GOOD country in this world, which has to Fight Evil forever and ever! You are the chosen ones! The Holy Nation! The Supreme rulers! And You are always good, never bad right?

Mister Leo Strauss would be proud of you!

Plus, the rest of the world has been bitching about America way before there was a GWB in the White House, so don't try to feed us that crap about except for Bush, you'd all love us.

And have you asked yourself why?

For no reason?

Just American-Enny?

[edit on 21/2/07 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   

We could all become isolationist, build defenses against anything you have out in barbarian-land, and you'd still be mad and envious. BTW, it's a fact that pretty much no one here is envious of any of your countries for any reason, and I'm sure that sticks in your craw, too.

Plus, the rest of the world has been bitching about America way before there was a GWB in the White House, so don't try to feed us that crap about except for Bush, you'd all love us.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by centurion1211]

Yeah, right, whatever. What an ignorant, hate-filled piece of crap that post was.

So your saying, that in the US, you can do more and have more than ANYWHERE else in the world and we're all jealous of it?

Mwooooohahahahahahahahahahaha...

Don't think so, buddy. About the only thing you guys have that I don't is the right to shoot each other. Woopy-fudging-doo.

Apart from that, I can think of numerous examples of things WE can do that you cannot (obviously, your state laws vary), yet I do not behave like an arrogant redneck nor acuse those who disagree with my countries actions of being jealous of my country.

Why not actually address people's post's with an intelligent, thought out reply, instead of beating your chest, scratching you crotch, shouting "Hell yeah! Wooo! USA! USA!".... Next you'll be swinging through the tree's with a club....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join