It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might sound dumb but... why do UFO's crash?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, we've pretty much mastered the road but we tend to crash all the time.

Or maybe they are just shot down by our militaries.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Supposedly the reason was because of RADAR signals interfering with the guidance systems the spacecraft. A lot of species have adjusted their technology accordingly. Back when RADAR technology was much newer it was much more powerful. Now we have made it so much more accurate the need for such powerful RADAR stations are not necessary with the exception of Deep Space RADAR sites. Some have speculated we have had to turn down the power so to speak in accordance with negotiations with alien species.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think that because they are UFO's they are Targets all the time .

And if we can bring them down in china ,russia or USA . I think we will .

Doesn't matter so most as what the gov. of these country's think ! It's
more or less who can shoot or get to them first .(really) If they can at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
For the record, radio waves are definitely natural. They are a part of the glorious electromagnetic spectrum. Going from the longest wavelength to shortest it's long wave radio, then the radio waves we're used to, microwaves, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, x-rays, and gamma rays.

It's mind boggling to think all of these things that we tend to view as separate entities are just different wavelengths and frequencies of the same energy...

Or that matter is only energy condensed to a vibration...

Or that we know of approx 120 chemical elements which comprise the known universe, and those elements are merely different combinations of three pieces; proton, electron, and neutron...

Or that despite all current speculation we can't seem to definitively prove aliens, ghosts, souls, psychic phenomena, things of this nature... we hardly know anything about our world or ourselves...

i'm a psych major and we have no definitive explanation for our own consciousness, and all my brain wants to do is learn about itself, isn't that odd? Energy growing conscious of itself, why...

"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember; we are eternal,
all this pain is an illusion." - Maynard James Keenan (Tool)

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

On the other hand, if as I suspect, these "aliens" and UFOs function outside of what we perceive as normal spacetime, allowing them to "cover their tracks" to a degree that they still remain relatively obscure to the general public, then these crashes may be entirely on purpose and left in place intentionally to be discovered by us.

Why? Presumably to more rapidly advance our technology and prepare us for some approaching event where we'll need to put that technology to use.

Maybe.

Yes, in deed! Who looks a gift horse in the mouth. They just take it (the technology), and run with it. Its more of bait, than a gift from the gods. Who ever leaves technology laying around has an alterior motive. I cant accept a race of beings that are at least millions of years more advanced than us having " oh $hits", "my bad". Ted Kazinski knew all about the downfall of high tech.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's not they are crashing.

We just don't know how to drive our planet!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
These grey hive minds seem to be the ones who cant drive....
perhaps they really are organic robotic extensions of a master race that as yet has not bothered to come down to our level to show themselves...
A few crashed greys get tossed our way in intervals designed to give the world a chance to assimilate the message.
If the greys have no soul then they would be rather diposable that way.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They are targets all the time ,and that it . !

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
They crash because they are man made

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Radar uses radio waves, here is a brief description from an external website.
I heard somewhere that, according to someone that allegedly knew about the Roswell crash, the reason they crashed is because at lower speeds these craft become unstable.
The aliens lost control of the ship at a low speed and the only way they couldve pulled themselves out of it is if they engaged their primary engines.
However, this is usually only done far out in space and if they wouldve done it that close to earth it wouldve taken out the entire state of New Mexico and most of Texas.
Nobody knows the truth and nobody probably ever will, unfortunately.

Radar is short for radio detection and ranging. A radar dish sends out pulses of radio waves. These waves bounce off objects and return to the dish. A radar echo shows up on a monitor. This way radar operators know where the object is. A computer times how long it takes for the reflected waves to travel back and calculates how far away the object is.

One use of radar is in the military. Radar is used both as an offensive and a defensive weapon. It can see the enemy to attack it. It can also warn when an enemy is attacking. Due to recent advances in stealth technology, radar is less effective on the battlefield.

There are many scientific applications for radar. Weather radar is an important tool for forecasting. Scientists also use radar to study other aspects of the atmosphere, such as studying wind patterns. Knowing the wind patterns of the upper atmosphere, enviromentalists can predict where pollution will go. Also, space probes such as Magellan use radar to makes maps of planets.

Source Page

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I love threads like this

Alien. Extraterrestrial. Not of this earth. Not human.

Alot of people have fallen into the trap in this thread of measuring by human standards, and you simply can't do that.

Others have assumed that advanced technology is equal to infallibility, which is akin to a Victorian asking how a plane can crash.

As for the argument that radar shouldn't be able to interfere with an alien crafts systems - why not? What if their systems use some kind of sonic resonance? What if the physics in the region of space they came from are slightly different than they are here?

Let me draw an analogy, if you put a modern soldier up against a Roman gladiator, and the gladiator gets close in enough, his sword/dagger is still more than capable of killing the soldier.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It is not like E.T.s pass around memos to other E.T.s around the galaxy warning them of crash risks. It is not like it could definitely be the same E.T.s crashing. live and learn. Some learn faster than others while others continue to crash and burn for the sake of it.

hope everyone is doing well. best wishes and all!.!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
observe50

So you think the crashes are due to conflicts between opposing alien interests? What you said about the Greys seems like a police scenario. They're protecting us but you normally see them when it's bad news for you.

Sorry I have to say this before I go on...

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? whatcha gonna do when the greys come for you? Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do?

I don't think its too far fetched to think that not all aliens are benevolent and come here just for observation. Also perhaps there are conflicts in our atmosphere which causes various crashes.

or alternitavly... "Hey stirr the tanks" "ok" BOOM! "Adromeda! we have a problem" "Oh (deleted for security reasons)" CRASH!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think that it's a very good question, one that I've pondered myself.

It's like a professional long-distance truck driver that can rack up 500,000 trouble free miles in a couple of years and then have a bad wreck. Just laws of averages.

Or something else I've always wondered about. Why does an experienced airline pilot who's just flow from China to New York flawlessly need a guy on the tarmack with two red flashlights to guide him the last twenty feet?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well, the way the Grey explained to me many Moon ago is like this:

They consider Earth there's. There are different species here also and they are allowed to do as they please as long as they do not "interfere" with what the Grey's are doing.

They Monitor the entire Earth and everything on it. If any being interferes with what the Grey's are doing they will do battle with them. They will try to take the battle out over the waters because they do not want the ships landing on our lands.

The Grey's can not survive here there is to much oxygen in our air. If a ship was to crash let's say and our air got into the ship the beings would die, hence they can't get away and we have a captured ship

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
I feel it sounds like a stupid question but I've never heard it discussed much before. So the aliens can travel across galaxies and are so much more advanced than us but still manage to crash every once and awhile on Earth? It's not like the air got to thin for the engine or they ran out of gas (or I would think not). Or maybe they live on Saturn or something and recently figured out (obviously better than us) interplanetary travel.

What is there to learn or take from this? Does all intelligent life push it's boundaries no matter where it is development wise? Sort of a, if you go 100mph you'll die, 80 is safe but you could do 96 and probably not die but get there much faster. I know the basic answers, mechanical or pilot error, are most likely but it seems odd to me. But I guess a group of cavemen could wonder why our cars still breakdown. Again, a case of constantly trying to improve technology before the predecessor has it's kinks worked out. I feel that way with life sometimes, always trying to do something better for yourself while you neglect what you have. Ok, got a little off subject there... I look forward to everyone's thoughts.

According to some witnesses, in some cases in the past, high power lines would interfere with their guidance system. And our radars is another reason they lose control and crash.

But the last source of crash is when they get shot down.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Alot of people have fallen into the trap in this thread of measuring by human standards, and you simply can't do that.

I agree with this. So much of what is speculated as explainations is formed around our ideas, which may or may not even apply. Thinking 'out of the box' might be a real understatement in the ET explaination department.

I believe scientific research can lead us in the right direction but I sometimes have to wonder. Are we sure of our perception and measurements of the universe and it's principles. We say Yes, but who really knows.

We could be the most intelligent lifeforms, but travel challenged. Are the nicest, most caring ones. I really doubt this, just and example.

We might be missing big pieces of this universe puzzle.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
According to Bob Lazar, (I think), the UFOs travel by using electromagnetic energy to create a "gravity hill" in front of the craft. The vehicle then just rolls down this "hill" to move. He then says that the vehicles can crash or move erratically when the earth's magnetic field interferes with the craft's propulsion, since it is not uniform throughout the whole earth.

That could explain why high tension wires also cause the craft difficulties, since they also put out powerful electromagnetic fields.

True or not, it is at least plausible.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Easy,... cheap Andromedan imports.

j/k

Good question. Maybe they get blinded by the ignorance of the dominant species on this planet and deliberately crash to remove themselves from a universe in which such stupid creatures exist.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
we dont have any proof that they have crashed. My opinion is none have crashed to earth ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join