It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bullet Magnet" Prince Harry Wales

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Prince Harry known as Troop Leader Wales or 1st LT. Harry Wales will be entering Basra, Iraq by the end of this month. This article talks about his troops callng him Bullet Magnet.

www.cnn.com...

I believe when the Insurgents find out the English Prince is there, they will go looking for him and try to kill him, if not capture him. Harry and his unit are a grave risk!!!

Will a Prince fall in combat in the name of WAR AGAINST TERROR!!! He is in a way related to President Bush, from what i understand!

mod edit: title spelling

[edit on 19-2-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's Wales not Whales

I really don't know what to think of this, while I applaud his bravery, he probably is going to cause a lot more trouble than he's worth. And, if somehow, the terrorists got a hold of him, I shudder to think what they'd do.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Like they did when Bush and Cheney both visited Iraq? Those guys must have been shot at least a dozen times.......

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Could he be used as a bargaining chip against the UK?

Will he stand out?... more troops and tanks assigned to a usually ' common ' british force, now looks important?

Does he have ANY battle experience? after all he is in charge of some troops.. and training in college doesnt do much compared to being a battle hardened Iraqi vet.

Harry should pick which war he wants to be rememberd for.. ther's going to be atleast one 'LEGAL and JUST' war in his prime... why jump into the only illegial one, dominated by the americans?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Because soldiers don't discuss Orders or the Justifications of the War

That's the job of the politicians and Government back there

My opinion is that he should have been assigned to the Headquarters and not on the field

It would indeed be a great victory for the insurgency if they kill him. I do not doubt his courage nor abilities, but it is a threat they should not allow

Maybe it is also a political move? I wonder what would be the reactions in the UK if he gets killed...

Maybe it will reinforce the public opinion in favor of the War

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'll give him kudo's for not shirking out when I am sure that the option was available to him. That being said, he is an added risk to his band of brothers and probably shouldn't be in Iraq just for that reason. He definitely will have a target on his back more than the average British soldier, that's for sure. It would probably be very bad PR for the insurgents to go after him, big backfire would follow.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If Harry falls in combat or is beheaded............

Im sure the backlash from the English and American forces will be like none other that we have seen before.

I wish for the Princes safe return back to England

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Harken back to the days when armies were led by kings or princes, priests and polititians, those responsible for the war, those who stood to gain the most from war. Give this guy some credit, his ancestors fought in the world wars and scores before and he is merely carrying out his duties as a royal. If he is a good leader, his unit will only be better for it. Inspiration for the lolely grunt, sharing his foxhole with the ****** Prince of Wales! My only wish is that all of the royals, politicos, shot callers, etcetera would do the same; wars would be much shorter then.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Orwells Ghost]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's Wales not Whales

I really don't know what to think of this, while I applaud his bravery, he probably is going to cause a lot more trouble than he's worth. And, if somehow, the terrorists got a hold of him, I shudder to think what they'd do.

You REALLY believe he'll even go ANYWHERE near Iraq????
If you believe that then you really need to change your medication.
It's just more Clarence house 'lip service' brainwashing the public into thinking how brave our lovely Harry is,which ofcourse he is, after all he LOVES war... you know who his grand dad is???

In a week or so their'll be a small announcement, that Harry's superiours don't think its a good idea Harry going because it may very well put other soldiers lives in danger, as he's obviously high-profile.
Ofcourse, as far as the publics concerned, the lad DID go fight for Queen and country,its just...... he didnt actually go.......

PS. Harry and Wills are NOTHING like Diana.Diana had a heart and wanted to love and be loved.These pair of lizards, and their peers, thrive on corruption,wars and control, don't believe a word they ever say, see beyond the cover of the book.
Harry and Wills look at us, the public, as vermin, it's just they're clever at decieving it,they've had good mentors...........................................

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Order Out Of Chaos]

CX

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos

Why do you think he won't be posted there if thats where is unit is sent?

The royals are'nt banned from fighting in conflicts, and have done so before.

Maybe there will be a change of heart at the last minute from those in charge of his security, but thats not to say going to Iraq is an impossibility.

CX.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Will he stand out?... more troops and tanks assigned to a usually ' common ' british force, now looks important?

Why would he stand out? He will look the same as any other British Squaddie. Unless your telling me that insurgents have excellent intelligence and can crack British communications?

Thinking there will be any other significant increase in the troops surrounding him is daft. What the hell do you think of the British Army?

They're not going to surround him with a battalion of Para's just because he is there.

During training, he was treated like any other and he will be treated like any other during his career.

Does he have ANY battle experience? after all he is in charge of some troops.. and training in college doesnt do much compared to being a battle hardened Iraqi vet.

If this was any other young Lt out of Sandhurst, this wouldn't be a consideration, but because it is Harry then all of a sudden he need's to be a "Vet"? don't be daft. The Household Cavalry are his Regiment and they are going to Iraq, end of.

Anyway. how is being able to cure sick horses going to help?

My opinion is that he should have been assigned to the Headquarters and not on the field

Why? When he joined he said he would only do so if treated like any other sodlier and not molicoddled back at camp behind a desk.

Listen, what you all seem to forget is the Royal's have served all the way through history, why is now different?

Prince Andrew did his bit during the Falkland's. He was also (famously) stung by one of those random drug test's a few years back. No warning, just went up to his office and tested him, like any other.

If they are career, then get treated no differently.

It's only the "Honourary" Colonel's like Charle's or The Princess Royal who serve a decorative function.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What if something unexpected does happen to our dear prince and Iran is blamed? Do you think this would be a casus belli for the British to support a war against Iran?

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
What if something unexpected does happen to our dear prince and Iran is blamed? Do you think this would be a casus belli for the British to support a war against Iran?

Luxifero

No more so than any other British squaddie, should they be caught up. Don't forget, the Government has already been blaming Iran for IED's and the such like with little or no diplomatic fallout.

There might be a public backlash against the Iranian's should Harry be involved, but it could as easily also backfire onto the Government for getting us involved in the first place. After all, the War is hardly popular!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos

Why do you think he won't be posted there if thats where is unit is sent?

The royals are'nt banned from fighting in conflicts, and have done so before.

Maybe there will be a change of heart at the last minute from those in charge of his security, but thats not to say going to Iraq is an impossibility.

CX.

1) It's Clarence House PR to make Harry look 'brave', so that troops fighting over their (both british and american) get spured on to fight for the 'good cause' with knowledge (lies as it is) that Prince Harry is right behind them.
He's right behind them allright, hiding behind them!!!!

2) he won't go because they WON'T let him go... he knows he won't be going there, he knows he won't be sent there,EVER... simple as that...

3)

Originally posted by CXThe Royals arn't banned from fighting in conflicts
. heh...
a) It was an INVASION on Iraq, remember that.... an illigal one at that.
b) The Royals LOVE war. it keeps the world in check.

Cheers.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well, it will be funny when your proved wrong. Harry is going and no matter what you think is going to happen, he is being deployed.

He is a career soldier, not some honourary blue-blood "Colonel-in-Chief". If he doesn't go, and he has said as much himself, what is the point of being in the Army? You cant pick and choose your deployments..jeebus...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
its handy now that the british want to pull out, it just coincidence.

lol

how come he never joined the navy, i thought upper class people see the army, as a lower rank or something.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
its handy now that the british want to pull out, it just coincidence.

We wont be leaving for at least a year. Tours are 6 months. Do the math.

Originally posted by andy1033
how come he never joined the navy, i thought upper class people see the army, as a lower rank or something.

No. don't know where you got that from.... Historically, our Royalty and Nobility have often gravitated towards the Army. There have been some who have joined the Navy, Prince Andrew for one, but going further back and you get plenty of Army Royal's.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hmmm...

The last time a royal named Harold stood on the battlefield, he got summat stuck in his eye

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
Hmmm...

The last time a royal named Harold stood on the battlefield, he got summat stuck in his eye

Tis not what killed him though!

Look on the tapestry and you'll see several Normans cutting him apart..

Anyhoo, off tangent somewhat

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Harry is a Mountbatten (Battenburg)-Windsor (Saxe-Coburg Gotha). His title is Prince Henry of Wales.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join