It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dilemma of truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by i_want_to_believe

Originally posted by jemblem62
If you can remember a month ago there were scientists that found that our dna might have been manipulated by ET and strong evidence points there, also there is a significance that they have been around on our planet as we were being created.

Do you have a link to this news story, b/c I have never seen it. Wouldn't they have put this all over the news? I think that this is what happened, but I would still like to see the article.

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

part of the people who said this were also part of the human genome project

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Personally, I'm an optimist, and while human beings can be extremely and even aggressively stupid, I still like to think that if we were presented with clear and unambiguous proof of the existence of alien life and intelligence, we would of course be shocked at first.

But it wouldn't take long for us to get used to the idea, and pretty soon the various religions would be pointing to obscure passages of their sacred texts as evidence that they knew about it all along, and we'd be building ships to send missionaries, and the more secular of us would generally be trying desperately to figure out how to make a quick buck off the situation.

People are like that. We're all about being opportunitstic.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If aliens land , we are all dead, some religious whack Job would push the nuclear button and kill us all off, or it could be just a military whack job that knew his/her job was over. it would be total chaos, and alot f fun to watch..................

Such is the way of silly sapiens................................We are a Fluke of the Universe

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
jemblem62,

Thanks for the link!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I always wondered what would happen if the first ET that came down was in the form of a human with long brown flowing hair, a white gown, open-toed sandals etc. Or a jolly fat man. Or a 6-armed goddess. Or appear to be whatever deity the individual viewing them believed in. If you believe in a creator, and someone appears as in your mental image of that creator and says "hey, I created you" it's kinda hard to ignore. Food for thought. Either that or I REALLY need sleep.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join