It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Nuclear activity have to be the catalyst??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It seems to be assumed that nuclear activity is the reason that UFO/Aliens have an interest in us?

I am curious as to why, I mean let's go with the vague assumption that they (the other species) is thousands or even millions of years more advanced than us. Or, let me put it this way...suppose you are watching a caveman who only plays with sticks and then you notice him discovering how to use a rock as a hand axe......uh oh, is he now a threat in intelligence and of violence to the uni/multiverse??

I know that's a rudmentary example but who is to say that any other sentient creatures think we have come to a technological breakthrough? Maybe it is just a stepping stone but there always seems to be a stigma attached to it

Maybe they are here (and if they are) for a multitude of other reasons that we may not understand and just assume we do because nuclear capability is THE big thing for our species. They may be here for any number of reasons, your list is as good as any other...such as;

-They think laughter is very unusual and want to learn how..
-They in fact love the pollution of the ozone, it entices them..
-They find gravity fascinating because they reside in space with no planet..
-They are testing their own UAV's on us!!!
-They love my avatar even more than you do!

It's limitless really you see but we must assign a reason to everything it seems. I would love to hear your thoughts on this of course.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well its seems to me that until we communicate or have physical evidence of an other life investigating our nuclear power stations we can't really understand why they are here. As you said there are many reasons why they could be intrigued with viewing us. They could only be sight seeing just like how people on earth want to set vacations to the moon. So far nothing really hostile has taken place so how bout we say this. Lets discover if they really exist then let’s ask why they are here.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
It seems to be assumed that nuclear activity is the reason that UFO/Aliens have an interest in us?

Lot of breathing room there, between "seems" and "assumed". For instance, by whom? Sci fi writers? Yes, more than one sci fi story has had the advent of the nuclear age act as the catalyst for ET's interest in us.

Personally, one of my favorite sci fi stories is "The Sentinel" by Arthur C. Clarke in which the Moon landing alerted aliens that we're due for contact. Very good story. And very creepy.

And there are a lot of them out there. Good stories, that is.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The development of nuclear experimentation might very well represent a significant milestone in a civlization's maturation.

Given that our own research into nuclear proceses has provided us with a better understanding of the universe; "nuclear awarenes" might be viewed by extraterrestrial intelligences as a fundamental indicator of species sentience.

We humans recognize that many of the Great Apes are intelligent, and may even posess a rudimentary language; but until Bonzo develops a written alphabet, humans will still consider the hairy little guy just an "animal".

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
The development of nuclear experimentation might very well represent a significant milestone in a civlization's maturation.

Given that our own research into nuclear proceses has provided us with a better understanding of the universe; "nuclear awarenes" might be viewed by extraterrestrial intelligences as a fundamental indicator of species sentience.

I have to agree with this guy - its certainly what I think. Also in the past when it was just conventional bombs we couldnt blow the whole world up in one go but we can now with nukes.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Fair enough. It doesn't happen to be what I think because it doesn't account for the reported sightings that occurred well before the atomic age, going back to biblical times if you interpret the reports and art that way.

As best I can tell, the "nuclear awareness" theory began with the movie, "The Day the Earth Stood Still". Definitely a good flick

Klaatu, barada nikto.

new topics

top topics

join