It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District of the Goddess Columbia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hey maybe, good eye there. Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
That was an extremely well-done piece there ViolatoR. One question though, what made you start researching this particular avenue?

TheBorg

P.S.

You have voted ViolatoR for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 27-3-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the support TheBorg. I was just thinking about the name Columbia one day and it basically spiraled out of control! I had written a few notes about goddess names/imagry and saved it for later, so I decided to spend a couple of nights fleshing out the idea. Then as I was posting my thread I kept finding new stuff which I added.

I've got a few ideas for new threads bouncing around in my head, but I like to get some info and write a few notes down. Usually I find something later that reinvigerates my interest in the subject then I spill it out here for all to enjoy

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
i wonder if this is somehow symbolic of moses parting the red sea?

I don't know about that image...

However:

The Yellow Book

Prana is related with the mind. The mind is the vehicle of willpower. Willpower must obey the Great Soul of the Word.
Our internal vehicles must be controlled by Pranayama. Prana is life.

The right nasal cavity (nostril) is solar. The left nasal cavity is lunar. The two witnesses of the Book of Revelation are related to the nasal cavities. The two witnesses are a pair of nervous cords. The testicles (or ovaries in women) are united with the nasal cavities through these two nervous cords. We can say that the two cords begin in the testicles (or ovaries).

The two testicles are the two oceans of Life. Moses found his Master between the two oceans.

In this chapter, we have taught Egyptian Pranayama for the devotees of the occidental world.

Those who want to awaken their Kundalini must persevere in Pranayama and sexual magic daily throughout their entire life.

The room for the practice of Pranayama must not be humid, poorly ventilated, or unclean. The room should be pure, clean and neat. Pranayama can be practiced in the country, in the mountains, and on the shores of lakes, rivers and seas.

With Pranayama, we transmute the sexual energy into Christic energy. With Pranayama and sexual magic we awaken the Kundalini and the chakras completely.

Pranayama is a system of sexual transmutation for single persons.

"The two testicles are the two oceans of Life. Moses found his Master between the two oceans."

In other words: He found the Christic Fohat, or That which Creates Life.

Fires

"The fires of the spinal medulla are Jehovistic; the fires of the heart are Christic and the fires of the head (between the eyebrows) spark the terribly divine rays of the Father. Essentially, these three types of energy are transmuted semen." - from The Yellow Book

The Burning Bush, "For our God is a Consuming Fire", etc.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR

(quoted above post about the Sistrum images in Egyptian art)

It's common in egyptian goddess imagery, and besides being a musical instrument, I read somewhere that it was a symbol of virginity. I don't know if there's any evidence to back that claim up. However the shape is said to be based on that of the goddess Hathor, it's also a female symbol called "pearly gate" shaped like a horseshoe with the opening downward (like omega symbol). The bars across the opening would symbolize the unbroken hymen of a virgin. And the Sistrum was replaced by the tamborine which has skin pulled over a open cirlce with brass chimes around the edge. The skin covered opening may be a continuation of this musical instruments symbolic virginity.

Hey guys, I just visited the Ancient and Mystical Order of the Rosey Cross in San Jose California. They have one of the largest collections on Egyptian artifacts in the United States. I took a few pictures of some sistrums to add here:

A caption for this last Sistrum read:

The sistrum was played by women in Egyptian temples. This sistrum, made in Rome, is decorated with many amuletic images. The cat represents the feline goddess Bastet, and the goose head finals on the tines represent the god Amun.

Roman Period, from Rome, Bronze, RC 1765

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Anyone interested in more infomation about the ancient symbolism of the goddess should read Arcadia 'The Ancient Egyptian Mysteries,' 'Arcadia and the Arcadian academy (the life and times of Francis Bacon)' by peter dawkins. The book is part of a series of five published for the rocicrucian order under the auspices of the Sir Francis Bacon research trust.

Part one of the book discusses the ancient egypitan mysteries, and outlines the original order of initiation that most contemporary orders are based upon. It talks about the ceremonies of rebirth in ancient egypt, marked by the position of sirius, Leo and Orion. Which in turn outlines the riddle of the sphynx. It talks about significance of the female goddess and her power to create. Allthough there is far too much information in this book to outline here, it has slowly become my favorite book, and has enlightnened me in many ways.

"the egyptians, associated Sirius, the heart of the Great Dog or Hawk, with Osiris, Isis, horus and the whole panthenon of the gods, and the star was referred to as the to as 'the Archer,' signifying the divine heart and its love-light theat creates all things."

Part two discusses the life of Sir francis Bacon, and the attembts by him and others to save ancient traditions. Most importantly to carry the power of the tudor bloodline, of which Bacon was an illigitimate spawn of. It talks about the importance of the elizabethan era of rule. It deals with topics similar to the projections of the new goddess columbia. It contains invaluable resources, such as literary works by John Dee, and Bacon himself. It talks about the symbology of Pallas Athena, and the connection to Elizabeth and her rule.

Anyone interested in this book can trace it via ISBN 0 86293 008 1

The symbolism of Columbia in our country is very widespread. Considering that Christopher Columbus (or cristoffo Columbo) was not his birth name, and probably not even the name that he went by, it seems like someone has had thier hand in history. Like ancient egypt, there is a timeline to the ascension and decline of every great civilization. The symbology of the statue of liberty as "the light bearer" or the metaphorical columbia, is carried through time, as a gift from french freemasons. It is symbolic of the coming of a new age in time. Marked by celestial events and the formation of the "New Arcadia" or Arcadian Academy.

It is no coincidence that Columbia has appeared so many times in our history. The true coming of columbia will be manifest when a Strong, pure virgin female takes power over a great empire. The age of Aquarius will begin.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
It is no coincidence that Columbia has appeared so many times in our history. The true coming of columbia will be manifest when a Strong, pure virgin female takes power over a great empire.

The V.M. Litelantes was born in Colombia:

The Major Mysteries

..."By means of these studies and exercises, any human can attain the degree of a Christ.

"Women can attain the degree of Virgin; i.e. Litelantes is a powerful Virgin of the Law;

the eleven thousand Inca Virgins are divine and ineffable; the Virgin of the Sea, who was Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the Immaculate Conception, because she directs immaculate conceptions; the Virgin of the Stars, etc. These are different female adepts who attained perfection, who attained Nirvana (first mountain).

"When a Virgin of Nirvana wants to incarnate her “I Am,” she must then renounce Nirvana and incarnate preferably in the body of a male, i.e. the Virgin of the Sea has now incarnated in a male body in Egypt in order to elevate herself to the degree of a Christ."

- The Major Mysteries by Samael Aun Weor

*Samael later corrected this when he encountered Christified female masters such as Joan of Arc. A woman can acheive the same heights as a man. It so happens that many masters when reaching certain levels of initiation choose to take a male body in order to take advantage of certain psychological benefits related to the work they must perform. But it is not required to be male.*

Copyright(Thelema-Press)

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.” (Revelation 20: 1).

"I received commands from the Lords of Karma in order to lock Javhe and all of the black magicians within the abyss."....

"Javhe has a very grave Karma, since he was the secret perpetrator of the crucifixion of Christ, and he is also directly responsible for the failure of human evolution on the Earth. He has to irremediably pay these old debts, because no one can mock the law with impunity.

"The Lords of Karma delivered to me a heavy cross covered with spikes in order to crucify Javhe on it, with his head downwards and his feet upwards. Since he crucified the Christ now Karma has entered into action...."

"The Lords of Karma established a tribunal within the Abyss. Power was granted to me in order to judge these black magicians and also to execute their punishment"...

- Samael Aun Weor from "The Revolution of Beelzebub"

"The Great Judge Litelantes represents the Law of Karma; the Judge Litelantes punishes anybody who dares to adulterate the work of Samael Aun Weor, who, by mercy, gave the doctrine onto humanity because the pity of the Law of Karma permitted it.

"Samael himself knew that no one can possess the copyrights of a Universal Knowledge, but there are Laws and the laws are accomplished by those who are awakened; and they are Anubis and the 42 judges of karma. This is why Litelantes, one of 42, is watching in the internal worlds the accomplishment of the law; because the Master Litelantes was an eyewitness of the entire process of Samael Aun Weor.

"Therefore, whoever does something improper with the writings of Samael Aun Weor (including our publications), will have to face Litelantes and all the Judges of Law of Karma"...

The age of Aquarius will begin.

Will?

What is Gnosis?

...The hidden, inner meanings of all the great religions have always been fiercely protected and restricted, precisely because they contain tremendous power; power all too easily misunderstood and misused by the selfish, vulgar common thread of humanity. The transmission of the knowledge required a student to be "pious, gentle, and fearing God," or, in other words, the opposite type of person from the one who merely wants to make Gold from lead, to feed his desires.

On February 4, 1962, when the Age of Aquarius arrived, humanity entered into a very new situation. With the new celestial influence we saw the arrival of a huge shift in society: mass rebellion against the old ways, sexual experimentation, giant social earthquakes shaking up all the old traditions. We also saw the arrival in the West of a strong spiritual longing, and deep thirst for true, authentic spiritual experience. These two Elements: 1) rebellion to tradition and 2) thirst for spiritual knowledge are a direct effect of the influence of Aquarius, the most revolutionary sign of the zodiac. Aquarius is the Water Carrier, the significance of which you will see if you study the works of the aforementioned teachers. Its occult significance is Knowledge, the bringer of Knowledge. With the new age came a sudden revealing of all the hidden knowledge. The doors to the mysteries were thrown open so that humanity can save itself from itself.

This revelation was initiated by the first public exposure of the ancient esoteric knowledge: the publication of Samael Aun Weor's The Perfect Matrimony in the year 1950. The appearance of this book sparked a wildfire in the spiritual communities of that time; -many were shocked, many were outraged, and many were deeply inspired...

[edit on 8-5-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So its about time for an update..

The name Washington can perhaps add more symbolism to Washington D.C. According to this site: here, the name Washington comes in a multiple of varieties: for example Washington, Weshington, Wessington, and Wessynton. "Locally we pronounce it Weshin'ton." The web site author is talking about a town in England, however we can use his take on the name and apply it to our own Washington D.C. quite easily.

Wessington can be broken down into Wessing and Ton. Wessing can mean soaking, steeping, and water or to wash (from Wasser). And Ton at the end of a word does not necessarily mean "town." From Anglo-Saxon "torr" it denotes a "holy hill."

Rather it is another form of the old Anglo-Saxon word "torr" meaning "a prominent hill". "Torr" is a version of the Hebrew "tur" meaning "round tower" in the form of a mountain. Our English word "turret" is derived from this. At the end of a place name "tor" and "ton" take on an added significance; they both mean "a holy hill".

So anyways, Washington, Wessington and/or Wassington can be boiled down to water and a holy hill. Know of any hills in Washington D.C.? "The Hill," or Capitol Hill of course.

Borrowed form Rome's Capitoline Hill, along with their architecture and Capitoline Trinity which is revealed in the statues at the Eastern entrance of the Capitol Bldg. I have a picture of Mars, one of the Capitoline Trinity, on the Capitol Building, but the pic doesnt show the other statue. The other one might be Janus (?) who is not part of the Capitoline Trinity. Jupiter would be inside the Capitol and the third member of this version of the Capitoline Triad would be Juno, mother of Mars. (I dont think shes at the entrance with Mars however, but its hard to find any info on those statues.) Juno, I think, is actually found on top of the Capitol Building as the ubiquitous female goddess of "Freedom." This would make sense, since the original Capitoline Hill was adjacent to the Temple of Juno Moneta. (Juno protected the finances of Rome. Which is the job of our Congress, whom have delegated that power to the FED and IRS unfortunatly..)

Wiki on Juno:

"Lucina was an epithet for Juno as "she who brings children into the light", and Lucetia as "bringer of light" in general."
HMMM... interesting. The Morning Star and Sun rise in the East over the Capitol Building and over Juno and the reflections are seen in the pool of water infront of this hill. (going back to the etymology of Washington water-hill) Plus the whole of Washington D.C. is on the Potomac river if you needed more water in order to be happy with this theory..

wiki, again:

"Later, Lucina was an epithet for Juno as ("she who brings children into light").

The name was generally taken to have the sense of "she who brings children into the light" (Latin: lux "light"), but may actually have been derived from lucus ("grove") after a sacred grove of lotus trees on the Esquiline Hill associated with the goddess and tended by the Vestal virgins."

(Bohemian Grove perhaps? With their female goddess symbol of an Owl..)

Moving on.. Hills and Trees were very important to the Druids. The Holy Hill was sacred to Venus which was important to the Druids. (And Egyptians of course.)

ancientegypt.hypermart.net...
Tradition tells us that the person who is responsible for introducing religion and culture to Britain was the Celt/Druid Hesus. In this, his role was not unlike that of Osiris, who was the source of all knowledge in Ancient Egypt.

Druid mythology relates that Hesus/Hu was fathered by God and born of a virgin mother, Mayence in the 9th century BC. He was later crucified but his soul survived after Death.
It was upon the "holy hill" that the Druids held an annual ceremony in which they re-enacted the crucifixion of Hesus. This was called the Beltane Festival.

Beltane is held on May 1st, "May Day." The Pole represents the Tree of life joining Father Heaven and Mother Earth and the fertility that results.

www.irishdruidry.org...
To the ancient Celts this was the great fertility festival. They believed that through their sexual union they could ensure the fertility of the Land and herds, so there was very little sexual restraint on this day. The plowing and sowing had been done, and it was customary to build great bonfires. The cattle would be driven between two great fires to purify them from the stresses of the long stabling. Each household would also extinguish their hearth fires and re-light it from embers carried from the ritual “need” fire.

In the Beltane ritual ceremony Hesus was crucified on an oak tree which was symbolic of the Tree of Life.

altreligion.about.com...
The most sacred tree of all was the Oak tree, which represented the axis mundi, the center of the world. The Celtic name for oak, daur, is the origin of the word door- the root of the oak was literally the doorway to the Otherworld

(Speaking of doors to Heaven.. I heard somewhere that Pope means Door and Cardinal means Door Hinge. (And St. Peters Square is Key-Hole shaped.) Maybe the Egyptian Obalisk at the Vatiacan is their May Pole? Wouldn't it be neat if the door to the Vatican was also made of Oak..?)

The Egyptian's Tree of Life grew out of the hill Nu which was in the primordial waters of Nun.

The Ancient Egyptian symbol for "plant" meaning "Tree of Life" was three sacred lotus lilies. They have tree stems curving to the left as though blown by the easterly wind; and on top of each stem is the Lotus flower. The glyph which denotes the sacred knowledge associated with Hesus is also formed by the three stems of the three sacred lotus lilies.

Which brings us back to Juno/Lucina, which "may actually have been derived from lucus ("grove") after a sacred grove of lotus trees." The Lotus flower obviously is important to other peoples around the world such as Buddhists. With its roots in the earth under the water and the plant on the surface, like a holy hill sprouting up out of the waters; we can see the symbolism of connecting the above and below through water and a plant. Heres an image of Buddha sitting on the lotus blossom, apparently getting ready to play some 8-ball pool?

Hesus/Jesus on the Oak Tree (of Life) is the Axis around which the galactic precession happens. This Precession of the Equinoxes was an important part of ancient mystery teachings, an idea which was kept secret from the masses. Osiris's coffin floats all the way to Byblos, Syria and becomes incased in a quickly growing tree. The tree is then cut down and used as a pillar until Isis finds him. Again the dead an risen god is associated with the tree here. Osiris, Horus and Re were assiciated with trees along with some goddesses of Egypt.

When Hesus was crucified upon the Tree of Life he metaphorically became as one with the Tree. Just as Osiris became one with the tamarisk tree in which he was encased ... so Hesus/Hu became as one with the oak tree. Both Osiris and Hesus/Hu were representative of the Axis Munde around which the heavens appear to revolve; they were representative of the World Pillar, the link between the terrestrial and the celestial worlds.

The Beltane Festival ... was also known as "the bringing down of the sun". This is a reference to an astronomical event, which occurred on September 21st 4468BCE when the Autumn (Fall) Equinox of the Sun was in conjunction with the Milky Way.
This conjunction initialized the movement of the Sun out of the Age of Leo/Gemini and into the Age of Taurus. This event which is known as Precession of the Equinoxes is recorded on the Ancient Egyptian Narmer Plate dated 4468BC

The word Beltane may have roots in Bel. The Babylonian word for Lord. Also, Ba-al and Ba-el. (Intersting to note that this Mesopotamian word has AL and EL two names for the gods of the Jews and Muslims, Allah and EL.) Anyways.. Bael may mean Gate of God, like in Ba-Bel, the tower which was going to be used to invade heaven until God confused their language. More oddities: in the Gospel of Judas, Judas says to Jesus: "I know who you are and where you have come from. You are from the immortal realm of Barbelo. And I am not worthy to utter the name of the one who has sent you." BarBelo may be Bar, Son of, and Bel, Lord; or Barbelu "Gate of God." Back to the Osiris/Hesus/Door of Heaven idea, Jesus said: "No one comes to the Father except through me." And he was crucified on an Oak, on a hill, like Hesus, although the Oak was cut into the sign of the Cross.

The Baal cult was associated with the bull. His story is recounted in the Baal Myth, which concerns a crisis in the Autumn Equinox. He was the god who died and rose again. Unfortunately as the original meaning of his myth (see below) was lost he became the seasonal god of vegetation, dying in the Autumn and having his resurrection in the Spring. This resulted in the Beltane Festival being held in Spring instead of Autumn. A Spring resurrection displays a total misunderstanding of the original stellar myth.

he Beltane Festival is the Bull Festival; the celebration of the Dawning of the Age of Taurus in September 4468BC. The words "Bel", "Baal" and "Lord" are interchangeable. Indeed the words "Bel", "Baal", "Bull" and "Lord" are interchangeable. The Lord Baal, the Lord Bel and the Lord were all references to the Bull in the Age of Taurus when he reigned supreme in the Ages of the Equinoxes.

The Beltane Festival and the re-enactment of the crucifixion on the Tree of Life ...(and) had been practised for at least four and a half thousand years prior to that time in remote Ancient Egypt.
The Festival had its roots in Ancient Egypt, but the Ancient Babylonians and Ancient Syrians later practised it, despite misinterpreting the message.
The Beltane Festival was a re-enactment of the bringing down of the Sun at the close of the Age of Gemini, and its subsequent rising in the Age of Taurus.
The prime concern of the Festival was to celebrate the Precession of the Equinoxes. The secondary concern was to celebrate the Precession of the Ages of the Zodiac in general.
The Sacred Secret of Precession was known only to the initiated few who were the Guardians of the Secret. The uninitiated misinterpreted the symbolism … until now.

George Washington is our nations symbolic male deity whose counterpart is Columbia, seen in her many aspects such as the Capitol Building, the goddess Juno ontop, the Owl shaped lawn and the original square shaped plan for D.C. mentioned in my original post.

So to sum it up: The "Washington" or holy hill is Capitol Hill. The Holy Hill of Venus for the Druids, upon which the Tree of Life, the Washington Obalisk, supports the Heavens and joins them to the Earth to ensure Fertility. Around the Tree the precession of the equinox takes place, one of the most guarded secrets of ancient wisdom. Tracking the Ages of the Gods like the Bull, the Fish (Jesus) and soon Aquarius the Water Bearer. The true basis for religion which only the priests knew about and kept secret from the uninitiated. Perhaps next May Day, or Beltane, we should go to D.C. and dance around the Washington Monument 'May-Pole' with streamers.. anyone care to join me?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It is no coincidence that Columbia has appeared so many times in our history. The true coming of columbia will be manifest when a Strong, pure virgin female takes power over a great empire. The age of Aquarius will begin.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Eyeofhorus]

Good luck finding a virgin female in today's socitey, guess we will be waiting on the age of Aquarius for a while then.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Bumping this very interesting thread. Especially in light of the stuff like DC40.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join