It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else having horrid page loading problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well I didnt know where else to put this but as of the past few days my amazingly fast loading internet and computer are taking a dump whenever I try to access this site. It seems all these highly graphic'd banner ads embedded everywhere on every page are conflicting and then not allowing the actuall ats content to load. I have had Zero problems on any other sites btw and also might add none have quite as many active ads either. I know you guys gotta get paid but geez so many freaking active banner ads is giving me and my computer a Migrane.
Anyone else having these problems?
Also why when I try to jump from page to page in ATS do I get handed off to Google-Analyst or something or another. It seems like theres too much redirecting going on or something.
Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I get slow load times sometimes here. I think for me though, it is due to my lousy dialup connection (through bluetooth to a cell phone).

Might be your isp holding up the show?

have you done a traceroute, to see where the connection to the site slows down?

I forgot how to do it myself though. there should be someone else here that would know.

[edit on 2/18/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yeah, i've been experiencing problems for the past few months. Sometimes the server can't be found, sometimes it just takes an age to load. I just put it down to the work currently in progress on the site.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   

my simple advice is :

do not attempt to load " horrid pages " , they are to put it bluntly HORRID . you will have nightmares , wet your bed and have to be spanked by nursie , you dont want that do you ?

load only nice safe , fluffy bunny pages - and everthing will be fine

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Sometimes it happens to me also,this has been happening for the past few weeks.

I close down ATS and come back in again,then its usually ok.

I did have a sneaky suspicion that an advert on the page your trying to access was the cause,as sometimes the page loads all except the advert at the top or side of the page,which says "page cannot be found"in place of the ad.

Though I doubt if it could be whats causing these problems?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
No such troubles on my end.

Which is weird. I'm using Telstra ADSL, which should make the aforementioned problems sooooooooo much worse . . .

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Which is weird. I'm using Telstra ADSL, which should make the aforementioned problems sooooooooo much worse . . .

Yeah I agree.

Must be individual problems then,I guess.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Also why when I try to jump from page to page in ATS do I get handed off to Google-Analyst or something or another.

That happens to me all the time. I think it's an ad that doesn't load or something like that so it goes to the google screen. It really bothers me when I'm posting and it happens, so I have to write it again. What I do, is after the screen loads up so you can see the page, click the stop button on your browser. That will stop it from doing anything and you won't get the google page.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
We have a monitoring service that would alert us to poor server performance, or slow page-loads.

However, I have identified a potential lag issue with the Google search at the top of the page... I've removed it... let me know if things improve.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

do not attempt to load " horrid pages " ...

load only nice safe , fluffy bunny pages - and everthing will be fine

You missed your calling in life, ape.

You should have been a stand-up comedian. Unless of course, you are already.

Originally posted by enjoies05 click the stop button on your browser. That will stop it from doing anything

Since I have a crappy and very slllooooow dialup,

I usually do this also for pages that have a lot of images on them. After the text on the page loads, it continues loading up the images into my cache, often times timing out before all the images are loaded. (including my avatar thread :shk: )

If there are images on that page that I do wish to see, then I right click and select "View Image"

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is what I am getting now, after the removal of the GOOGLE search...

Using the Fasterfox timer, loading the Recent Posts page, it shows:

just after clearing my cache:

28.765 seconds

Subsequent reload times after that:

11.642 seconds

But unfortunately I don't have data of what it was before the removal.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The only lag I am experiencing is when I attempt to view myATS. Last night especially, I was unable to view the page. Any other page was immediate, but myATS would hang up every time.

Found that strange.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
@ chissler.

How many Favorite Forums do you have there, and how many Subscribed threads?

MyATS has similar load times to Recent Posts for me, any way.

9 Favorite Forums, an maybe a dozen and a half Subscribed threads.

edit to add...

19 subscribed threads, I just counted them. lol

[edit on 2/19/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
22 Favorite Forums
50 Subscribed Threads

I believe 50 is the max that can be displayed in myATS because I probably have a few hundred subscribed threads. Once over a year ago I accidentally deleted all of my subscribed threads, but since then, the rest can be found in the list.

That may be doing it.

The rest of the site is lightning fast, and myATS is currently loading as fast as everything else. Last night was really the only time I was experiencing any noticeable lag.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

However, I have identified a potential lag issue with the Google search at the top of the page... I've removed it... let me know if things improve.

Its loading really quick now,almost instant

join