It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Prayer Room Discovery, An Israeli Secret Since 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Muslim Prayer Room Discovery, An Israeli Secret Since 2004

Source Link: www.theaustralian.news.com.au

JERUSALEM: The site of an Israeli archeological dig that has sparked angry Muslim reaction worldwide contains what could be a Muslim prayer room.
Muslim leaders and critics of the work said the announcement of the find last night, three years after it was discovered, confirmed their fears that Israel's Antiquities Authority is intent on hiding Muslim attachment to the site.
Israel began work nearly two weeks ago on a ramp leading to a disputed holy site known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary. The site is at the heart of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.scotsman.com
www.asiantribune.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Analyzing The Holy Site Dig
Israeli Excavation and Construction Project at Al Aqsa ---Why Now?--- W/Updates...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
if true, and if they don't stop, will cause a great deal of trouble. israel says the same about muslims though, they say they get rid of jewish evidence.

endless amount of trouble, just gets worse.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'd check the paint to see if there are different layers to it. Who knows it might of originally been a synagogue. Throughout history it is well know that often times temples are converted to whatever the religion the people transition into. Examples of this are Roman Catholic Churches built on Roman Temples. It is extremely expensive to pay for an excavation such as this, something I am certain the Palestian leadership couldn't afford right now. I say with my biased American view let them continue the excavation and let's see what they find.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

join