It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will 'o the wisp real or not

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: The General

Yes, they are in the Monster Manual. At least they're in the 3.5 version, which is what I have.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Will o wisps are of celtic folklore just fyi d&d geeks
I assume you think d&d invented dragons, chimera, manticore,hydra, ghosts,zombies,dinosaurs,and modern amimals to?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cheor

Cheor,

I live in Brazil, my grandmother, my mother and her brothers lived in a rural area for decades, it was probably between the 60's and 70's, my grandma would tell me stories of 'fireballs' over the fields, and one them was specially interesting: she was coming back from church, late at night from the next urban center and she had to go through a dirt road, she had my uncle who is mentally disabled with her, two men approached, they were up to no good... a ball of light showed up and scared the two.

My grandma died at the age 86 in 2010, she wasn't naive or simple, but she was from another age of course, so to speak. On another occasion, she was in a hospital - now in the 90's - in a bigger city and my uncle was dying, and she saw a ball of light through the window, slowly moving, my mother also saw that. They were in a upper level of the hospital.

Also interesting is that my mother and her brothers and her sister also saw those things, and they are modern, professional people. My mother would tell me about those light balls, and what's more interesting, hearing she talk about them gives the impression that the phenomena wasn't any big deal, not at all. I guess when you grow up seeing things that others call unusual, you just get used to them and take it naturally.

One day, some years ago, my mother had some relatives at her home, and she was talking about their childhood in the countryside, she was so natural to say - "remember those balls of lights and how they moved through the fields? I think that's what people call 'UFOs' these days, isn't ?" ... she was so natural to say that, I didn't interfere, I wanted to listen.

Another interesting fact, they didn't had electricity in that area back them, only the railroad had it, my great-father was the railroad chef.

All the best,

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I never understood how swamp gas makes an adequate explanation for something that exists for more than a second. In none of the legends or sightings does the thing just show up as a quick spontaneous burst of energy and disappear. It moves, it dances, and it disappears by leaving further into the marsh not just poofing into thin air.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: uberarcanist
Spontaneously ignited methane AKA swamp gas.

Case closed.

Total ignorance.................... You know nothing about the will o' the wisps (ufo orbs) if that's your response. They are very very real.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: cheor
has anyone ever seen a will 'o the wisp if so please post with an actual photo i can tell if it has bin photoshopped because i happen to have made lots of life like pics so be honest. what do they look like other than a glowing ball?

Seen quite a few. Good description here en.wikipedia.org...

They seem to be like many different versions. Standard white type like a UV lampo to be honest, or more like the white ligt from a nuclear detonation, the orange glow too but they seem to rotate on their axis at immense speed, while you can see the plasma. Many people talk of them being ghosties but I've seen them connected to radiant white motherships. They certainly do exist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join