It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Lives For 15 Years Without Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Lady Lives For 15 Years Without Power

Source Link: cbs11tv.com

What makes her story amazing is that the hurricane which put her in the dark was Andrew, which hit Florida almost 15 years ago; she's been living without power to her house since Aug. 24, 1992.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I couldn't help but be sympathetic toward this lady. She lived for 15 years without power, no hot water, and no lights. Hurricaine Andrew was over with long ago but this lady was haunted by this event all these years. Just a sad story I think. Someone posted a story about a man who died in front of his TV and sat there for a year. It took busted water pipes and breaking in before they knew he had died. Are we as a society this oblivious to our neighbors and relatives? Or is it just a simple matter of people wanting to be left alone?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This reminds me of the guy they recently found mummified in front of a blaring TV: Mummified man found in front of TV, still on LA Times

It's sad to see folks slip through the cracks and go unnoticed for so many years, as the current nimby philosophy rips out the cultural roots of the world. It makes me wonder how many elderly adults are sitting in homes without electricity or running water and know that 3 million are food insecure?

Welcome to the Disconnected State of Amerika.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Does this mean that if one woman can survive 15 years of no power that the Iraqi's should be grateful for the few hours a day that they have?

Or is this a way to glorify the kind of sacrifice that can be made?

I think it's just sad.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My hot water is passive solar with supplemental woodstove thermosiphon. If I know the tank is heated with electricity, I only use the cold knob in the shower. If I move into a home without such facilities, I heat my water on a wood burning paint can hobo stove in a 3 gallon pot.

I think it is sad that there are those who believe we are supposed to live with the flicker.

The background hum is the sound of oppression.

plant a seed; get back to the land,

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sri Oracle that is a good theory. This lady went for 15 years without electric and survived, maybe we could all use that same lesson.

I just think the way it happened to her was awful.

new topics

top topics

join