It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Vermont sky lights up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Tonight me and my father set out on our snowmobiles for a ride and we see the ski light up almost as if thier was lightning in the distance.

We embarked from our hometown of north troy and headed south towards troy where we then stopped to have a smoke break and i noticed in the south/south west thier was a flash in the sky that resembled the light from a distant lightning strike.

From thier we set out west/north west to jay vermont up the mountain to JayPeak Ski area where we stopped for a break on the mountain top just northeast from jaypeak where it overlooks the basin of jaypeak ski area and the main lodge.

At first my father put it off as possible fireworks @ jaypeak (they do them often) but i noted to him that (while in troy) it couldnt be because jay was north from thier. Then while on top of the mountain i see another flash and i mention it to my father so he looks in the direction i said it was in (the south), and we are sitting thier talking and it does it again this time he sees it and the first thing he says is it definitely isnt the airport that is east from here.

About 2-3 minutes after that flash the sky started flashing repeatedly every few seconds some dim flashes some brighter it did this for about 3 minutes and then we left the area i am assuming it might have continued for awhile.

The sky was cloudy and it was snowing i have seen lighning strike before in the winter up here but it is rare I also remember one year at the ski resort thier was a reported loud boom that had shaken everything with a flash of light like lightning, and the resort actually shut down operations because of it for the rest of the day.

Does anyone have any idea what this could have been because it is not the first time i have noticed but i have never seen it like this before.

If i have posted this in the wrong forum then i am sorry if a mod could move it to where it belongs that would be great.

[edit on 2/17/07 by MadMachinist]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
so.... did you goto SH or NCU High School?

YEARS ago... Kim Leblanc was a friend of mine from there... I went to the VT AllState Music Festival in Newport. I can recall listening to the THEN super popular Howard Jones ... walking the shores of Memphremagog...

VERY KEWL POST.

SPout.
ps- I went to school down near Spaulding... and went to Norwich for a bit...

WELCOME, FELLOW GREEN MOUNTAINEER!

BTW... I saw pretty lights in the sky over the lake when I was there...

YIKES>

I think the best idea would be for you to take the time to evaluate YOURSELF FIRST. Go check out FrozenThought's UFO sighting thread where he got kicked off... I think the abductee questions are in there...

You are going to surprise yourself there, bro... I know, as a redblooded VERMONTER... better be with -20 in the middle January, no? LOL!

You may be referring to a memory marker... but I have no idea at this juncture... NEED INNNNNPUT.

JOHNNYFIVEISSTILLALIVE!

[edit on 18/202/07 by Southpaw11]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I went to NCU, Glad to see you enjoyed your self up here but it is boring as hell up here but a good place to raise my kids.

As for the abductee thing i would doubt that thier was no kind of wierdness and no loss of time to account for that and my wrist and forearms hurt so damn much from snowmobiling last night i know i put the miles on that i did.
LOL we got so much snow this last week the trail groomers havent been able to fix all the trails yet and the trails are like being on a roller coaster from all the drifts.

on a side note in the town i live in (north troy) thier is a mountain that is kinda a hot spot for seeing UFO's and that is bear mountain to the west and lake memphermagog sits just on the other side of the Mtn.

Kim Leblanc doesnt ring a bell with me but i know alot of Leblancs thier is alot of them from right here in North Troy about what year was this when you came up here.

[edit on 2/18/07 by MadMachinist]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMachinist
I went to NCU, Glad to see you enjoyed your self up here but it is boring as hell up here but a good place to raise my kids.

As for the abductee thing i would doubt that thier was no kind of wierdness and no loss of time to account for that and my wrist and forearms hurt so damn much from snowmobiling last night i know i put the miles on that i did.
LOL we got so much snow this last week the trail groomers havent been able to fix all the trails yet and the trails are like being on a roller coaster from all the drifts.

Alright... fair enough. Let's take an investigator's approach. We know that there are literally thousands of other cases around the world where people have had visual contact with a UFO/ETV and then had an event that same night.

Here are some questions for ya... I think this might help out... Just a note though... if you're in NE Kingdom area... heck... just New England Roots... you've probably got IRISH,CELT, or NATIVE AMERICAN in you.

THAT is a HUGE RED FLAG. One investigator alone, out of more than 2000 abductees across the US... 45% were of this genetic descent... and 95% or better of these people do NOT know even OF each other. Hmmmm....

If your up for full disclosure, feel free to answer them here. I'll email my responses ... and you can decide what you want to do with them, fair enough? Or just U2 me if you'd like... either way... I think there's a pretty good possiblity you are going to find some really... "neat"... information there...

Wow. I never woulda thought that Vermonters would be talking on computers like this from such a distance when I was a kid... LOL. nice.

Here are those questions. I think you'll be sitting there going... whoa... after reading through them...

Are you of Irish, Celtic, or Native American descent?

Are you adopted?

What "monsters" were in your room as a kid?

Have you ever seen a "bigfoot"?

Have you ever seen a "man in black"?

Have you ever seen an "alien"?

Have you ever seen a "red eyed guy with a black cloak"?

Have you ever seen "shadow people" or "watchers"?

Have you ever seen a "Nordic"?

Do you have an unusual affinity with animals?

Have you ever noted unexplained puncture wounds on your body?

Have you ever noted unexplained red splotches or spots on your body?

Have you ever noted unexplained "scoops" out of your skin anywhere on your body?

Do you have a neck injury at the T3 or immediate surrounding area?

Do you have a back injury at the L5/S1 or immediate surrounding area?

Do you ever see owls?

Have you ever seen pink phorphorescent lights?

Have you ever seen a UFO?

Whether you've seen a UFO or not, do you feel "aliens" are here to "help us"? Why?

Have you ever detected the scent or odor of SULFUR or BURNT MATCHES, SOGGY CARDBOARD, MOLDY LEATHER in your home?

Have you ever detected unexplained bruising on your body?

Have you ever experienced "missing time"?

Are you unusually empathetic and/or compassionate?

Do you ever get the feeling there is "someone there"?

Have you ever noted things out place, when you KNOW they were "placed correctly"?

Ever wake up with your clothes on backward?

With your shoes on the wrong feet?

In the wrong bed?

In the wrong house?

Ever develop a pattern of waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning?

Ever have dreams so vivid you wonder if they were real?

Ever recall scents or odors from "dreams"?

Do your Parents or Grandparents have UFO stories to tell?

Do you ever have "endtimes" visions, many times with the wrong scenario, wrong dates, etc?

Do you have strange or unwarranted fear or phobia of Clowns, Racoons, Midgets, Children?

Do you ever hear noises on your roof in the middle of the night?

Have you ever seen ghosts of loved ones?

Men
Have you ever detected a "lumplike" object attached to your right testicle?

Women
Have you ever been pregnant and had the fetus simply disappear?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMachinist

on a side note in the town i live in (north troy) thier is a mountain that is kinda a hot spot for seeing UFO's and that is bear mountain to the west and lake memphermagog sits just on the other side of the Mtn.

Kim Leblanc doesnt ring a bell with me but i know alot of Leblancs thier is alot of them from right here in North Troy about what year was this when you came up here.

[edit on 2/18/07 by MadMachinist]

Ya know what. It's been a LONG time since I was up there... but I can remember hearing THAT all the way back in the mid 80's down in central vermont... About Bear Mountain, that is.

Kim went SH. She was an INCREDIBLE vocalist... Might even know her just from around town with drama, music, etc... no biggie... She more of a name and a faded memory... was our "host" at the festival...

Anywho...

Good luck with those questions...

And remember, bro... MOST Americans have never heard what you and your dad probably to each other... I know cuz I still say the same thing...

"welll what in THE heck was THAT?"
"Don't know. Hard tellin' not knowin..."

LOL! Am I right? Cuz THAT is what WE used to say when the pretty lights showed up down "yonder" toward Montpelier/Berlin area...

THAT is funny... LOL

SPout

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
LMAO ya between saying heck and wicked alot of people's eyes light up almost as if they are wondering where the hell is this hillbilly from.

here are those questions:

Question: Are you of Irish, Celtic, or Native American descent?
Answer: from my mothers fathers side our family has been traced back to the mayflower and is of English decent, however from my fathers side we can only trace it back 3 generations to Canada.

Question: Are you adopted?
Answer: no

Question: What "monsters" were in your room as a kid?
Answer: none that I know of but I used to think something was under my bed when I was little LOL.

Question: Have you ever seen a "bigfoot"?

Question: Have you ever seen a "man in black"?

Question: Have you ever seen an "alien"?

Question: Have you ever seen a "red eyed guy with a black cloak"?

Question: Have you ever seen "shadow people" or "watchers"?

Question: Have you ever seen a "Nordic"?

Question: Do you have an unusual affinity with animals?
Answer: I have always found it to be really easy to deal with and communicate with animals even the some of the more angry animals tend to be calm around me.

Question: Have you ever noted unexplained puncture wounds on your body?

Question: Have you ever noted unexplained red splotches or spots on your body?
Answer: I do have this on spot just above my knee where I have a red spot the size of a red ink pen dot always found it weird it is just as red as red ink also.

Question: Have you ever noted unexplained "scoops" out of your skin anywhere on your body?

Question: Do you have a neck injury at the T3 or immediate surrounding area?

QUESTION: Do you have a back injury at the L5/S1 or immediate surrounding area?
Answer: I have a bad lower back and have had it for the last 6 years however I don’t know where the L5/S1 location is.

Question: Do you ever see owls?
Answer: I have heard them at night but I have only seen 1 owl in my life here in Vermont it was a snow owl sitting on a tree stump in the middle of the day next to a field.

Question: Have you ever seen pink phorphorescent lights?
Answer: I don’t believe so.

Question: Have you ever seen a UFO?
answer: Yes I believe I have but only from a great distance ( to fast for an airplane and not a meteorite so that is why I believe I have).

Question: Whether you've seen a UFO or not, do you feel "aliens" are here to "help us"? Why?
Answer: not exactly sure if their here to help us our just study us because if they were here to help us one would think they would have made themselves known by now considering how long this has been going on now.

Question: Have you ever detected the scent or odor of SULFUR or BURNT MATCHES, SOGGY CARDBOARD, MOLDY LEATHER in your home?

Question: Have you ever detected unexplained bruising on your body?

Question: Have you ever experienced "missing time"?
Answer: no LOL not that I know of.

Question: Are you unusually empathetic and/or compassionate?
Answer: I consider my self very compassionate but I think it would be arrogant to consider my self unusually compassionate.

Question: Do you ever get the feeling there is "someone there"?

Question: Have you ever noted things out place, when you KNOW they were "placed correctly"?
Answer: most certainly but I do have a 4 ½ and 6 yr old that likes to get into everything.

Question: Ever wake up with your clothes on backward?

Question: With your shoes on the wrong feet?

Question: In the wrong bed?

Question: In the wrong house?

Question: Ever develop a pattern of waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning?
Answer: all the time

Question: Ever have dreams so vivid you wonder if they were real?
Answer: I have very vivid dreams and usually remember them.

Question: Ever recall scents or odors from "dreams"?

Question: Do your Parents or Grandparents have UFO stories to tell?
Answer: I don’t believe so.

Question: Do you ever have "endtimes" visions, many times with the wrong scenario, wrong dates, etc?
Answer: I have had a recurring dream of an end time scenario but I haven’t had in some time now.

Question: Do you have strange or unwarranted fear or phobia of Clowns, Racoons, Midgets, Children?
Answer: no however I do have a slight fear of my daughter when she decides to sit with me in my recliner ( she tends to jump on ya and hit the sweet spot every time).

Question: Do you ever hear noises on your roof in the middle of the night?

Question: Have you ever seen ghosts of loved ones?

Question:
Men
Have you ever detected a "lumplike" object attached to your right testicle?
Answer: no and I hope I never do.

top topics

join