It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decline in belief in alien abduction, astrology, Bigfoot, and evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Survey of American public's scientific knowledge reveals improved familiarity with basic science, and declining belief in alien abduction, astrology, Bigfoot, and evolution

news.yahoo.com...

It sad, but true. I've even stopped believing much in bigfoot anymore. Never believed in evolution..well havnt taken time to really look into it..., i still like astrology and aliens. Cept theres no proof of aliens or ufos currently.

Soon people arent even going to want to go into space.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Did you actually read all of the article that you linked?

The survey said that belief in aliens and pseudoscience has RISEN across the USA.

The article then mentioned that despite this trend, at an unnamed Midwest University, belief had fallen. That's a very small subset of the larger survey.

You sure know how to twist the headlines, mate. Please, get your facts straight.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
...an unnamed Midwest University, belief had fallen. That's a very small subset of the larger survey.

You sure know how to twist the headlines, mate. Please, get your facts straight.

lol

Perhaps he is a student at that University.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Come on man... admit it... this is the worst article ever.. one of them anyway.

Did you know that 87% of all statistics are made up?

Never believed in evolution..

I might have believed you had researched these things and made an informed opinion, but...

well havnt taken time to really look into it...

Ta Da!!

Welcome. Enjoy your stay!

EDIT: Just so I'm not off topic (in case I was), here is a random snippet...

More recent generations know more factual material about science, said Carol Susan Losh, an associate professor at Florida State University. But, she said, when it comes to pseudoscience, "the news is not good."

One problem, she said, is that pseudoscience can speak to the meaning of life in ways that science does not.

For example, for many women having a good life still depends on whom they marry, she said.

"What does astrology speak to? Love relationships," Losh said, noting that belief in horoscopes is much higher among women than men.

The disclosure that former first lady Nancy Reagan consulted an astrologer resulted in widespread derision in the media, but few younger people remember that episode today, she said.

Maybe I'm being cynical, the whole piece is poor IMHO.

[edit on 17/2/07 by Prote]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Come on man... admit it... this is the worst article ever.. one of them anyway.

Did you know that 87% of all statistics are made up?

Prote,

I heard that it was more like 72% of statistics were made up.

Actually I just made that up myself.

When in Rome.

top topics

join