It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alien Angelic Connection?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have a theory that the "Aliens" that people see and describe on a daily basis are really angellic beings. Maybe doing the work of a higher being... maybe theyre fallen. Im wondering if anyone else has any information reguarding this theory. In old biblical artwork, many pictures of UFO's and Alien-like beings (as theyre commonly described) can be seen. Also, the holy books make several references to crafts that resemble flying silver discs (Ezekial). Please comment.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRaven
I have a theory that the "Aliens" that people see and describe on a daily basis are really angellic beings. Maybe doing the work of a higher being... maybe theyre fallen. Im wondering if anyone else has any information reguarding this theory. In old biblical artwork, many pictures of UFO's and Alien-like beings (as theyre commonly described) can be seen. Also, the holy books make several references to crafts that resemble flying silver discs (Ezekial). Please comment.

DarkRaven, it's possible that the 'Angels' in the Bible are what we refer to 'Aliens' in the present day. Anything like that 3000 yrs ago would have been seen as something of God. I mean think about it, the angels had 4 faces - a man an ox a lion and err something else.. thats pretty alien to me lol. anyways that's how i look at it.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Look up NEPHILIM on the internet. Go to www.returnofthenephilim.com. It's a good start, then go from there.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What if you're right. Aliens are fallen angels. The minions of Satan. And the portends and pictographs of Saucers circling the crucifiction point to something no one dares speak of... Jesus was Satan. An alien.

This is not TOO far off from Judaic interpretation. What if the OLD Testament was right? And the New Testament is a conspiracy of men?

Only through ME, my flesh, my blood can you know God? Nice little diversion isn't it? Now here's some 'miracles' so you know it's really me. Nothing a Fallen Angel couldn't do. Certainly nothing a being that could travel light years couldn't do.

So why, I ask you are Orthodox Jews so nice about their misguided Christian friends. Oh Jesus was a good man, a heart felt prophet, but misguided and misunderstood. Not the real Messiah, not yet anyway.

Misguided? I think if someone comes and refutes the Old Testament as much as He did, and inspires men to seek salvation first through HIM??? They are being a bit kind in calling him 'well meaning' aren't they?

That's satanic stuff. If you're not Christ, but say you are... YOU ARE THE ANTI-CHRIST. Now look at all that has been done in HIS name, even today...in HIS name. Not God's, not Yaweh, but Jesus.

Was he Alien? A fallen angel? The devil? Why not? If you DON'T believe he was the son of God, and are NOT Christian by faith, then if you believe in God at all....you must conclude Jesus IS THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Rant, i've seen Jesus, he's definately not an alien. He could be viewed as such however not the kind we're used to. The 'alien' 'angelic' beings that Elijah saw and spoke of weren't 'evil' they were apparently of God. I think mankind is ready to receive the truth about who we are. All my life i've had one question that continues to taunt me which is 'Who Am I' ...I've known since i was very young that i didn't belong to this world. How? I don't know, i've just always felt like a visitor here.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Rant, i've seen Jesus, he's definately not an alien.

Um, okay. But I've seen X-Files, and he might be.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I believe that the Aliens that are seen as ugly creatures.. who do bad things, are the fallen Angels, not the angels that are teamed along side God. I have studied the Nephilim a bit and I beleive that the fallen ones are the creatures doing Satan's work. I believe that they too were created in Gods image and look humanoid. I think that they will return and tell everyone that they created us.. and people will follow. Like lambs to the slaughter.

Aliens = The Antichrist? Could very well be.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think people are way too paraniod about evil satanic things that go bump in the night.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think people are way too paraniod about evil satanic things that go bump in the night.

They might just have a right to be.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

They might just have a right to be.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by ADVISOR]

Yes but Jesus said Fear Nothing. Worry for Nothing. Trust in God only.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I fear for others. Me myself, theres nothing much i truely fear... but i know alot of ignorant.. yet good people. Im sure we all do. Im worried for them. I just want this world to be able to stand up to the evils around them.. not be taken in by them.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Rant, i've seen Jesus, he's definately not an alien.

Um, okay. But I've seen X-Files, and he might be.

heh if Jesus is an alien the first thing im gonna ask him is to let me take a spin in his space ship
Im a great driver now all i need is my liscence

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Darkraven, have you ever seen the third season of babylon 5??

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I believe Angels and Fallen Angels ARE ETs...by definition. They are created beings - i.e. they have bodies, or at least can assume bodies. They have powers that are far different than ours - they either have the ability to move at incredibile speeds, OR transport (read the OT recording of Daniel's prayer). And they originated from elsewhere - the account of Nephilim - which specifically states were "half-breeds" between the angels and the "daughters of men".

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Valhall- i am very interested in knowing what this greek word is. I have started reading the bible and find it very interesting.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Okay, here goes:

There are a few interesting points to these passages that I would like to comment on up front:

1. The passages from which these verses are extracted are almost identical, almost as if the author of the second copied the first.
2. Both of these passages (taken in their entirety) speak of spiritual deceivers - people who are bringing deceptive teachings, and apparently even trying to bring the Roman-style orgy into things. All in all, these passages are extremely damning of these people because they are attempting to lead people AWAY from the foundation doctrine.
3. Each of these passages refer to the fallen angels leaving "their posts" or their "natural habitats" and being condemned to chains of darkness. A very apparent reference to the Genesis story of the cohabitation with the daughters of men, and the creation of the Nephilim.

The verses are quoted from the KJV - which isn't my preference, but to allow you to cross-reference to a good concordance or Lexicon if you have one.

2 Peter 2:10

But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Jude 8

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Of course, via my emphasis, you catch on that the word in question here is that being translated "dignities".

Now, let's look at the New Revised Standard Version translation:

2 Peter 2

10. - especially those who indulge their flesh in depraved lust, and who despise authority. Bold and willful, they are not afraid to slander the glorious ones,(1)
11. whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not bring against them a slanderous judgment from the Lord.(2)

(1) Footnote: Or angels; Greek: glories
(2) Footnote: Other ancient authorities read "before the Lord; others lack the phrase

Jude

8. Yet in the same way these dreamers also defile the flesh, reject authority, and slander the glorious ones.(1)

(1) Footnote: Or angels; Greek: glories

NOW PAY ATTENTION HERE, THIS IS WHERE WE START LEARNING THINGS!!

9. But when the archangel Michael contended with the devil and disputed abut the body of Moses, he did not dare to bring a condemnation of slander(2) against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

(2) Footnote: Or condemnation for blasphemy

Okay, first thing to point out, and this is where people miss such jewels in studying scripture. If you are looking for discrepancies, you'll find discrepancies. If you are looking for understanding...you'll find connections!

If you compare what is said in Peter to what is said in Jude you find that:

1. the archangel Michael is an angel (just pointing out the obvious)

"whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not bring against them a slanderous judgment from the Lord"

"But when the archangel Michael contended with the devil and disputed abut the body of Moses, he did not dare to bring a condemnation of slander(2) against him"

2. Satan is NOT an angel, fallen or otherwise - Satan is a glorious one. Because to rectify the two passages, he MUST be.

"whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not bring against them (i.e. the glorious ones!) slanderous judgment from the Lord"

"But when the archangel Michael contended with the devil and disputed abut the body of Moses, he did not dare to bring a condemnation of slander(2) against him (i.e. him being the glorious one)"

Now, let's look at the meaning of this word. I can't do Greek text here (if somebody can teach me I'll put the actual Greek word in):

This is where things start getting weird. Using the Greek New Testament interlinear translation which has the actual Greek (as far as this is concerned) with the translation below it, there is printed a Greek word in both locations translated as glorious ones that very close to the Greek word glory.

HOWEVER, when you go to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance (which is cross-referenced to the KJV) you get an entirely AND ABSOLUTELY DISSIMILAR Greek word: Epaphroditos.

Now, Strong's conjectures this: "(in the sense of devoted to) and Aphrodite (Venus): Epaphroditus.

But, when you go to the root epi - which they are proposing means "in the sense of devoted to" you find this...

epi: a primary prep.; prop. mean. superimposition (of time, place, order, etc), as a relation of distribution [with the gen.] i.e. over, upon etc.; of rest at, on etc.; of direction toward, upon etc: - about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, x have charge of before, wherefore, in (a place, as much as, the time of,), because of, on behalf of, over, (by, for) the space of, through (throughout), unto, to, toward, with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc.

So where the heck are they getting that the root "epi-" in our word means "devoted to"...when it clearly states that it is positional...in almost all regards AND In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc.

Could there be connection between the glorious ones and Venus?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm a pretty primitive person but I wonder if your interpretation of the two lines is a bit specfic. I'm going to quote the sentence so I can wrap my brain around this:

"Bold and willful, they are not afraid to slander the glorious ones, whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not bring against them a slanderous judgment from the Lord"

Wouldn't this relate to Christ's saying Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged/He Who Cast the First Stone?

I figure this because when you judge others you invite, or bring against, judgement of others. So while there is the specific implication of not slandering the Glorious Ones, it goes beyond that. I see this as: Angels don't slander anyone. Given this generality, how do you see the devil as a glorious one?

As for Epaphroditos, I would asssume "-aproditos" is the connection to Venus. (Aphrodite) What do you think? (Maybe this thread has changed topic)

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No, I don't think we've changed topic.

I do not believe either of these verses to be generalizations (i.e. judge not lest you be judged), but specific to something that took a particular word used no where else in the NT. In addition, there seems to be some reason for the context - i.e. the fallen angels being used as an example.

I am curious to hear what you think about the unexplainable difference in the Greek words ascribed here between the KJV and the NRSV. TOTALLY different Greek words, in both passages.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
different words are used because the modern day texts of the bible are corrupt. "new" translations are made up for $. you can't copyright the kjv text as it is public domain - hence the need for other "versions". stick with kjv as it was translated for knowledge and not for $. it is wriiten "where the word of a king is, there is power." king james. also, bible is FULL of "aliens" (angels) and they play a role in what is coming. look in daniel where it is written that the antichrist will worship an "alien" god in the "most strong holds", a god of "fortresses", like dulce and groom lake. also, the angels who fell are said to have been placed in "dark pits of the earth" specifically in lonely, desert and wilderness places and that is exactly where the "aliens" are too....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I do not believe in little grey/green aliens.

I actually believe in the spiritual realm...and believe that these beings people see are supernatural in natural - angels, demons......as I believe I have personally experienced both on various levels.

I believe the infamous grey/green aliens we have all come to love
are a figment of man's imagination.

But, this is just all my opinion

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join