It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa, Florida UFO sighting, reports?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The Laundry machine sounds a bit like a ship going over the horizon that was reflecting a mirage over the arch of the earth.

No, what I and other people saw was close to shore, only about a mile out, not way out on the horizon. I've seen mirages before, would know the difference.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hey guys I found this, it shows pretty much the spot I was at when I witnessed the event, note the distance from here to Tampa Bay. Now that I see where I was, the objects were West. I'd say a straight shot from Burger King to the St. Petersburg marker.

1.Open Google Maps (If you have it on your computer)
2.Copy and paste N Valrico Road into the search bar.
3. Note where it says Burger King, its really the corner store at the bottom left of the marker. (Can see a side of it has green roofing.)

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
So, speaking of strange things from Macdill, I've seen alot of jets going over my house and black helicopters lately.

It seems their flight path has been changed because I live in Temple Terrace and have never had planes and helicopters go over this much.

Im in Carrollwood, Chaval. My husband and I too have noticed this.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, well, well, look who's climbing the ranks of the ATS board? lol

Anywhoo.

I remember a video that another ufo-maniacal relative that had filmed a video of the sky out of his window of his Long Island, NY house.

The object was incredibly similar to what you describe.

1. The object was a small black dot in the sky.
2. The object seemed to hover in the sky for extended periods of time.
3. Objects would slowly change shape, like an amorphous blob.

In the video, a blob hovered where I would say that the private planes that normal people fly (Cessnas, Lear Jets, etc.) would fly.

The object simply hovered and seemed to be three dimensional, rotating in the sky.

The object stopped revolving and began changing shape, seeming like an amoeba in the sky.

Slowly the blob formed a tight ball and then *poof* dissapeared.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I found this website with a reported UFO sighting in Tampa Florida:

www.aliensthetruth.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have lived near Clearwater Beach for several years now. I've spent many long days and nights at the edge of the Gulf, but i haven't seen anything that i would consider to be other-worldly. A dozen or so of my friends have had sightings on the beach, and i've referred a few of them to this website in hopes of drawing out an interest in the unknown.

So basically, i don't have a story. I'm guessing your sighting was an optical illusion of some kind, but it's just a guess. It's all just a big question mark in the end. I guess that's why we keep lookin' up.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
I'm guessing your sighting was an optical illusion of some kind, but it's just a guess. It's all just a big question mark in the end. I guess that's why we keep lookin' up.
If you could consider a object such as an airplane a optical illusion on a clear summer day with other witnesses, then sure!

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Shadowyfoe]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow, there sure are a lot of people here in Tampa!

I've been here (Tampa) for school for almost 5 years now, and I haven't seen very much. But then again, I never go to the coast (I'm not a beach person). I'll keep my eyes posted though, now that I see there have been many sightings here!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've been here pretty much my whole life. And I'm sure I'll be making thread after thread over the things I've seen and been through. As for the coast I wouldn't bother, chances are your just as lucky inland, as has been the case with me.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
Wow, there sure are a lot of people here in Tampa!

I've been here (Tampa) for school for almost 5 years now, and I haven't seen very much. But then again, I never go to the coast (I'm not a beach person). I'll keep my eyes posted though, now that I see there have been many sightings here!

Wow. I moved down to Tampa from Brooklyn about 6 years ago. I hate this place. God, I hate this place.

Anywhoo...

The craft Shadowy saw could not have been a conventional aircraft.

The aerodynamic behavior of the craft already prove that it cannot have been a conventional aircraft.

First of all, there are only a limited number of aircraft that can hover (VTOL aircraft, look it up) and most of these aircraft only have a 5-10 minute window to hover before the engines run out of cooling water, overheat, and fail.

Secondly, neither a military or personal helicopter could hover at such a great altitude so steadily for so long. Personal helis engines aren't strong enough to go that high, and the cockpits aren't sealed well enough to prevent oxygen loss. There is not oxygen supplementation, meaning that a pilot without an oxygen tank would pass out at such a high altitude.

And we all know what what means.

So, yeah.

Ranchy

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
All I need to say is well put.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I win.

Ha ha.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
By the way, I just got the "Lady" audio back, I'll send it over to you before we post it eh Joe?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
TheRanchMan,

Don't feel alone.

I've lived here most of my life and I hate it too.

If people only knew how hot it gets here they would never move here.

It's a nice place to visit but not to live here.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
TheRanchMan,

Don't feel alone.

I've lived here most of my life and I hate it too.

If people only knew how hot it gets here they would never move here.

It's a nice place to visit but not to live here.

Yea but from last I remember, we are somewhere around #7 on the list of most active UFO sightings in the continental United States.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Aftually, as of 2006, Florida was number 4 in the country, while Nevada and California were tied for first.

At least, that's what I thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Aftually, as of 2006, Florida was number 4 in the country, while Nevada and California were tied for first.

At least, that's what I thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well there you have it! That was a new fact, I wonder if we will climb even more this year. perhaps I'll get some sight-seeing in.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's great to read the posts on this thread. I moved to NY four years ago; but I had lived in the Tampa area for 30 years, and my parents still live off of Durant Rd on a particular golf course along there. Some of you will know which one I mean.

Though I'd never seen a UFO there I can tell you that MacDill has hosted various planes such as the B-2 bomber. It did a fly-by one year during the Gasparilla Parade along Bayshore Blvd. If you're into fishing and want a thrill, you can anchor your boat along the flight path south of MacDill. You know, the ILS lights that are on wooden pylons in the water. Not only is the Redfish, Snook and Trout fishing outstanding along that coastline; but you don't get harassed for walking the shoreline there (at least, not as recent as 3 years ago). Now, for the thrill part, hang out along the ILS lights when the refuelers are landing. You'll have plenty of notice because they come in over the Skyway bridge. It's a rush.

Or, hang out along the coastline when they are revving their engines. They'll spend about 10 minutes running all four engines sequentially before they take off. It's kind of cool.

You used to be able to climb the pylons and jump into the water but I hadn't tried that post 9-11.

Siesta Key, ah the memories. We would play beach volleyball there each weekend while in high school. This may sound morbid; but when all the retirees pass away there that area is going to skyrocket.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
It's great to read the posts on this thread. I moved to NY four years ago; but I had lived in the Tampa area for 30 years, and my parents still live off of Durant Rd on a particular golf course along there. Some of you will know which one I mean.

Though I'd never seen a UFO there I can tell you that MacDill has hosted various planes such as the B-2 bomber. It did a fly-by one year during the Gasparilla Parade along Bayshore Blvd. If you're into fishing and want a thrill, you can anchor your boat along the flight path south of MacDill. You know, the ILS lights that are on wooden pylons in the water. Not only is the Redfish, Snook and Trout fishing outstanding along that coastline; but you don't get harassed for walking the shoreline there (at least, not as recent as 3 years ago). Now, for the thrill part, hang out along the ILS lights when the refuelers are landing. You'll have plenty of notice because they come in over the Skyway bridge. It's a rush.

Or, hang out along the coastline when they are revving their engines. They'll spend about 10 minutes running all four engines sequentially before they take off. It's kind of cool.

You used to be able to climb the pylons and jump into the water but I hadn't tried that post 9-11.

Siesta Key, ah the memories. We would play beach volleyball there each weekend while in high school. This may sound morbid; but when all the retirees pass away there that area is going to skyrocket.

I happen to live very close to Durant! Thats the one by Miller right? There are quiet a few golf courses over that way, the Burger King is off of State Road 60.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join